Profile for C. Davison > Reviews

Content by C. Davison

C. Davison "Discipula" (Wales, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Crossword : World's Biggest Cross Word - 100s of great free crosswords
Crossword : World's Biggest Cross Word - 100s of great free crosswords

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 27 Oct. 2015
This is a fabulous app if you like crosswords! I find them great if wanting to while away the time! There are so many to do it's not an app which lasts a day or so. I really like it so I've given 5 stars!

Word Rings 2
Word Rings 2

3.0 out of 5 stars quite tricky, 2 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Word Rings 2 (App)
Some of the words aren't obvious - not sure this is a game for a linear thinker - one has to be good at lateral thinking to solve some of the clues. It is a good time waster, if a little frustrating as you can't move on if you're stuck and you have to use your points to have a clue, the clues are rather 'expensive'

The Pianist
The Pianist
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 13 Aug. 2015
This review is from: The Pianist (Amazon Video)
I love this film because the acting is absolutely top notch. The atmosphere made you feel like you were there. I expect it was like that because of Polanski's own experience. It's a sad film too, because Polanski showed the brutality of the Nazis, the insanity of some of the Jews who had been trapped in the ghetto, he showed the attempted rebellion etc. I read the book after watching the film, and I think the film reflects the essence of the book! The German officer who helped Jews didn't like Hitler (his diary was at the back of the book). I think he was probably a decent guy - he died in the 1950s in a Russian work camp! I would highly recommend this film (the music is good too).

Jigsaw Puzzles Epic
Jigsaw Puzzles Epic

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 24 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Jigsaw Puzzles Epic (App)
Well what more is there to say? They have excellent quality pictures and the pieces are easy to move. I love jigsaws and this is great as there are no pieces spread everywhere - can take it with me to do while travelling etc! Have a choice of the number of pieces! It's fab!

Uber Chic See Through Front and Leather Red and White Tote Handbag
Uber Chic See Through Front and Leather Red and White Tote Handbag

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 31 Dec. 2014
Love it. It's a spacious bag with enough room for all I have! I love the idea of the clear front pocket because I'm going to put some business items in it to see if it generates any additional interest from people. It has 6 large(ish) pockets in addition to the main pocket, a mobile phone pocket and an extra one next to the mobile one plus a small pouch in the front which I could put business cards into. It comes with a coin purse, as described. It's sturdy, but I'm not sure it's leather as the description says - usually there is a label to say that it is genuine leather, but I can't find anything on the bag! Saying that - I'm happy with it and I think that it was a reasonable price!

MLM Nuts $ Bolts
MLM Nuts $ Bolts
by Jan Ruhe

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read!, 7 Dec. 2014
This review is from: MLM Nuts $ Bolts (Paperback)
Fantastic book! I have tried (and failed) to succeed in MLM business and now I know why I've failed!

This book is easy to read and has enlightened me on how to become successful in MLM! Jan shows you how to organise yourself - she has included a 13 week plan on starting your business and encourages you to think more long term - ie you don't become rich overnight in this kind of business! My formally clean copy is now covered with underlinings, exclamation marks, asteriks, notes etc. If any of my friends want to borrow it - sorry it's not for loan!

I'm going to give MLM a go again, by using the principles in this book, and I will see if they do work (well, they must do as Jan went from being skint to now having a multi-million $$ MLM business.)

If you're looking into getting into MLM - this is a MUST read!

My Diet Coach - Pro
My Diet Coach - Pro

2.0 out of 5 stars ridiculous, 5 Oct. 2014
This review is from: My Diet Coach - Pro (App)
Put in my daily calorie allowance - it was really low! Nobody could function on the amount (or little) they were suggesting. Ones body needs a minimum of over 1,000 to function properly! It would be much better to have a sensible app! I'm deleting this one because whoever developed it can't be a qualified dietician!

Stargirl: Pink
Stargirl: Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing, 11 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Stargirl: Pink (Kindle Edition)
Right until the end Stargirl remained a mystery. I feel we never really knew who she was but the author kept us hanging in there in the hope we would see her for who she was - maybe I've studied too much psychology :). Up until the final page I was clinging to the hope of finding out what had happened to this bizarre creature who called herself Stargirl! Really enjoyed reading about this girl and what she would get up to next! What happened to her? I guess that's up to our imaginations! I liked the suspense (not the same kind as horrors or thrillers). Well written! Would highly recommend it!

Notebooks Pro
Notebooks Pro

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 29 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Notebooks Pro (App)
I've had this app on my kindle fire HD for ages without really looking at it! Today I decided to see how it works etc so after a good look at everything on it, I have to admit it's an excellent app! You can have many individual notebooks with many pages per one! You can put a title on each page and then back the files up on Google drive or dropbox! This is just the job for me as I'm a writer so I can write on the move and have all my different projects on one app! Well done developers!

The Mum-Minder
The Mum-Minder

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet story, 18 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Mum-Minder (Kindle Edition)
Fab story about a young girl whose mum is ill. Her mum is a child minder so throughout the week of her mum's illness Sadie helps to look after the children and also her mum! Great book for young readers to read as the chapters are short and its easy to read! Another fun Jacqueline Wilson book!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6