Profile for C. Mclaughlin > Reviews

Content by C. Mclaughlin

C. Mclaughlin (Nashville, TN USA)

Tailgate to Heaven: A British NFL Fan Tackles America
Tailgate to Heaven: A British NFL Fan Tackles America
Price: 9.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating insight into the tailgating culture., 30 Sep 2012
I picked up this book looking forward to reading about the trials and tribulations of a British American football fan travelling the country to watch every NFL team in their home stadium. What I got was much more than I expected. I did not realise how welcoming and loyal American football fans are. T hear the stories of tailgaters welcoming everyone into their circle was brilliant.
The book was witty, funny and in some parts very informative. If you know nothing about American football, don't worry. The author explains a little bit about the rules etc before going into the details of the book. If you do like American football, then you'll love the book. The references to the Hall of Fame, the rules, the stadiums, not to mention the changes to his schedule (or audibles, as he puts it) and challenges with meeting certain people, and fmaily members. It will all keep you reading this book for hours. It took me a full day to read. As you can tell, I enjoyed it very much.