Profile for Lee Choen > Reviews

Content by Lee Choen

Lee Choen "choen, lee" (South East Asia)

15 Storeys High : Complete BBC Series 1 & 2 [DVD]
15 Storeys High : Complete BBC Series 1 & 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sean Lock

5.0 out of 5 stars Surreal take on character studies, 13 May 2010
I dont own this box set yet. During my university days, I remember staying up to catch it (on a borrowed telly). While the whole thing looks surreal, a lot of it seem derived from some odd characters that lived in the council estate that I was living in at that time.

I just liked the show's versions of them better because they were comparatively harmless and very very funny.

Jonas Bendiksen: The Places We Live
Jonas Bendiksen: The Places We Live
by Jonas Bendiksen

3.0 out of 5 stars Book size, 28 Feb. 2010
I expected the book to be bigger. In fact, at least bigger than A4, rather than A5-ish which is this book's size.

Presently, the small print sizes, even as double page spreads, are too small to give the sort of impact which Bendiksen's photographs potentially contain. This is quite unfortunate because the stories collected here are very strong documentation of an era when, according to the book, there are more people living in urban than rural areas for the first time in recorded history.