Profile for tess1 > Reviews

Content by tess1

tess1

Page: 1 | 2
Nikon Coolpix S33 Waterproof Shockproof Digital Camera - Pink + Case + 8GB Card + Multi Card Reader + Screen Protector and Tripod (13.2 MP, 3x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD
Offered by Picsio

5.0 out of 5 stars Super fast delivery, 26 May 2015
Super fast delivery, and a much appreciated birthday present for my young daughter. A great camera for a budding young photographer.

Autumn Forest Photo Wallpaper Wall Mural
Autumn Forest Photo Wallpaper Wall Mural
Offered by JUST-KISS - make wild dreams come true!

5.0 out of 5 stars Woodland mural, 7 April 2014
This looks amazing on my son's bedroom wall. My husband found it easy enough to hang but as previous reviewers advised he used a ready mixed paste. "Awesome" - as my son said.

Guide to the Dragonflies and Damselflies of Britain (Occasional Publications)
Guide to the Dragonflies and Damselflies of Britain (Occasional Publications)
by Askew (Richard), Illustrator. Brooks (Steve)
Edition: Map

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent guide to recognise dragonflies and damselflies, 10 July 2013
A great guide to identifying dragonflies and damselflies, both my children and myself enjoy using this whenever we have a day out near wildlife ponds or any water courses. A wonderful aid to my childrens' love of natural history. The FSC guides are an invaluable resource for anyone who wants to learn about the incredible wildlife we are lucky to have in the UK.

Get Out: Halcyon River Activity Book
Get Out: Halcyon River Activity Book
by Arthur Hamilton James

5.0 out of 5 stars Activity book with a difference, 4 Jun. 2013
I bought this book as a birthday present for my daughter's 4th birthday, and I and my 2 children love it. Packed with just about everything you need to know about river dipping, it is informative and a sheer joy to read as a family.
I admire Philippa Forrester and Charlie Hamilton James very much, these 3 boys must be amongst the luckiest in the country.
I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to share the wonders of nature with their children, it will give you a fantastic family day out, and the activities are free.

Halcyon River Diaries
Halcyon River Diaries
by Charlie Hamilton James

5.0 out of 5 stars birthday present for my son, 24 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Halcyon River Diaries (Hardcover)
I have bought this early for my son's 8th birthday, so have not read it fully yet, but I did notice the sections on the best places in the country to see otters, kingfishers etc. That alone would make this a good buy to me, but the book as a whole does look gorgeous. I am really looking forward to reading it properly, so long as it's intended recipient puts it down long enough for me to do so !.
If you enjoy reading this book, then I would recommend also buying the dvd too, it makes for timeless viewing. If only to remind of a bygone era, when children could enjoy the joys the natural world has to offer, and learn in the process.

Halcyon River Diaries - Series 1 [DVD] [2010]
Halcyon River Diaries - Series 1 [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Charlie Hamilton James
Offered by A1-Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect family viewing, 24 Feb. 2013
This is fabulous, beautifully filmed by a man who knows his subjects so well. My son loves nature, and watched this with me with far more attention than any film he has ever watched. The 3 boys really have an idyllic childhood, and as a parent with 2 nature mad children, I really wish I lived by a river too. My only grumble was that Charlie H J said "little bas....s" about rounding up some ducks the family bought. Luckily my son never heard that but I now have to be ready to mute it at that point ! All in all, a very lovely dvd to watch, of a very nice family.

Natural World - On The Trail Of Tarka [DVD]
Natural World - On The Trail Of Tarka [DVD]
Dvd ~ Natural World

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect dvd for otter crazy kids, 24 Feb. 2013
My 7 year old son and 3 year old daughter are slightly otter mad, so this was just perfect family viewing for us. We now have to look for spraint and otter prints next to rivers we visit.

Learning Resources Jumbo Magnifier & Tweezer
Learning Resources Jumbo Magnifier & Tweezer

5.0 out of 5 stars hand/eye coordination, 24 Feb. 2013
Fantastic aid to strengthen little fingers in holding a pencil, and great for nature trails. My 3 year old loves this.

Learning Resources The Sneaky, Snacky Squirrel GameTM
Learning Resources The Sneaky, Snacky Squirrel GameTM

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant for hand coordination, 24 Feb. 2013
I searched for an educational toy/game that my daughter could use and find it really fun. This is perfect for that, the squirrel tweezers are a great aid to starting to write. It also teaches strategic thinking, in deciding which of the coloured acorns to select. This has become a firm family favourite.

Natural World - Badgers: Secrets of the Sett [DVD] [2008]
Natural World - Badgers: Secrets of the Sett [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ David Attenborough

5.0 out of 5 stars informative and entertaining, 24 Feb. 2013
I bought this to further my childrens' love of nature[aged 7 and 3], and they were enthralled, to the extent that the next morning we went on a badger tracks and trails hunt. Magnifying glasses in hands we spent a good few hours in the Lakes looking at different animal droppings and prints. I loved it too, I'd much rather they watch this and learn as they view than sit watching anything.

Page: 1 | 2