Profile for Crazy Ivan > Reviews

Topless Medusa Figurine Erotic Nude Art Deco Bronzed Statue Ornament
Offered by Kingston Gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 6 July 2015
Really nice crisp casting

Tomb Raider: Underworld (PS2)
Tomb Raider: Underworld (PS2)
Offered by GamersCorner

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't Bother - get a life, 31 Jan. 2009
Well, Legend was great, but Anniversary was impossible and this one is just plain frustrating. Don't bother with a guide either, they must have played a different game! Full of promise, but let down by a glitchy control, limited camera angles and impossible jumps and moves too early on. I can't be bothered to spend hours trying the same jump over and over and over again; I have a life eleswhere. I've had it with Lara, it was a nice, but brief affair - sorry Eidos, I'm going back to Medal of Honour instead..

I Am Legend [DVD] [2007]
I Am Legend [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Will Smith
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad - could have delivered more, 28 April 2008
This review is from: I Am Legend [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
I did enjoy this film; it is a good example of post-apocalyptic drama and Will Smith plays it well. There is the initial fascination with what happened and some good touches as Smith's character hunts for his dinner in a sports car! The portrayl of the lonely, tortured man in a difficult and dangerous search for a cure for a hideous biological accident is absorbing, BUT it all ended rather suddenly. When Smith encounters some more survivors, his shock and dislocation are not explored as deeply as I thought they could and the audience is drawn too rapidly to the climax of the film. Worth a watch, but keep an open mind about the ending.

Tomb Raider: Anniversary (PS2)
Tomb Raider: Anniversary (PS2)

2.0 out of 5 stars Good, but hard, 26 July 2007
I bought this on the strength of Legend, which was great, however, despite the fantastic graphics, good puzzles and interesting bosses, this game is apt to be frustrating. The controls are Ok, but the jumping and swinging etc are very unforgiving. I lost most of my health packs messing about climbing and very few fighting bosses.There is no margin for error and I am approaching that trade-in moment....Hardcore fans will love it and spend the time to get through it, but I have a life outside of gaming too.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 7, 2010 12:06 AM GMT

Whitechapel
Whitechapel
by BRYAN LIGHTBODY

4.0 out of 5 stars Sex and Violence with a twist, 4 Jan. 2007
This review is from: Whitechapel (Paperback)
This book takes the factual backdrop of the Ripper killings within a novel and presents another view on who Jack the Ripper really was. Not for the faint hearted, but a good read. Well worth a try.

Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend (PS2)
Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend (PS2)
Offered by Click For Games UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 3 Aug. 2006
I have never played a TombRaider game before but I am hooked. This game is a great combination of exploration, action and puzzles. It reminds me of Zelda Ocarina of Time, (another great combination of elements on the old N64), but without the "cute" factor. Mind you, Lara is beautiful and so are the graphics, dynamics and music. The frequent checkpoints are an excellent idea and avoid a lot of frustrating repeat action when there is a mishap! A good game for the girls and boys!

Serenity [DVD] [2005]
Serenity [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Nathan Fillion
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars You must watch it, 3 Aug. 2006
This review is from: Serenity [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
Serenity and the Firefly TV series are a must for all SF fans. The crew and setting are credible, the action and the humour well executed. Story lines are novel and address issues we face today but in the futuristic setting. The whole experience is just beautiful, I can't fault it, I can only reccommend it!