Profile for K. S. Reed > Reviews

Content by K. S. Reed

K. S. Reed (Norway)

Minor ii V Mastery for Jazz Guitar: The Definitive Study Guide to Bebop Guitar Soloing: Volume 2 (Fundamental Changes in Jazz Guitar)
by Mr Joseph Alexander

5.0 out of 5 stars HIghly recommended book, which demystifies a lot of things for ..., 31 May 2015
HIghly recommended book, which demystifies a lot of things for me at least. Written in a straightforward language, with lots of good well-recorded audio examples, it's helped me get my head round the classic minor blues like Autumn Leaves etc.

Fundamental Changes in Jazz Guitar: An In depth Study of Major ii V I Bebop Soloing
by Mr Joseph Alexander

5.0 out of 5 stars I liked the sections on arpeggios, 4 Sept. 2014
I'm really enjoying this book and wish I'd found something similarly straightforward when I first started out on the jazz guitar road.

In particular, I liked the sections on arpeggios, which are very comprehensive and made me think in a totally new way. Hey, why not 3-5-7-9, 7-9-11-13 etc!? The tritone stuff is also strong and all in all this is a great manual for dipping into the essential harmonic concepts you need for getting around the 2-5-1. The audio examples are well recorded and all add to the picture.

Highly recommended for anyone starting out, who's got a few chords under their fingers, but needs to knit the 2-5-1 concept together.

Mr Men - The Complete Original Series 1 And 2 [DVD] [2003]
Mr Men - The Complete Original Series 1 And 2 [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Arthur Lowe
Offered by Panns.Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr Genius DVD, 23 Oct. 2007
I introduced my 2 3/4 year-old daughter to a few of the books recently and they quickly became firm favourites. Living in Norway, I'm always keen to introduce her to a bit of British culture and the memory of Arthur Lowe's narration alone was irresistible.

The DVD was no disappointment. To me or her. Yes, there are "quality" issues, by today's standards, but it doesn't seem to be a problem for her. The only problem is which episode to watch. Highly, highly recommended, at least, by this household.