Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Profile for Zanzibarbarian > Reviews

Content by Zanzibarbarian

Zanzibarbarian

Page: 1 | 2
Insulated Ceramic Travel Mug Stainless Steel Brushed / Tea Coffee Travel Mug
Insulated Ceramic Travel Mug Stainless Steel Brushed / Tea Coffee Travel Mug

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 11 Dec. 2014
Just about keeps hot drinks warmer for longer than a normal mug.

Philips Shaver Series 7000, Wet and Dry Shaver with Clean and Charge System RQ1197/22

4.0 out of 5 stars Comic Book Capers!!, 11 Dec. 2014
For 25+ years, I've wet shaved. So for no reason (It was probably on a whim and the fact that the shaver was in red!), I decided to buy myself an early Christmas present and got this Philips shaver.
And, in all fairness, it's quite brilliant.
I gave it a tough 2 weeks worth of growth to remove. It handled the job far, far better then I could have envisaged. I needed the trimmer for some bits of longer hair (Neck line.), but the end result was very smooth and also given the thumbs up from the missus. So that can't be bad. She's the one who's gonna be snuggling up to me, if I play my cards right...!!
So with such a good and glowing report/verdict, why didn't I give it 5 stars?
I shall tell you.
The "manual" is absolutely... Appalling.
Filled only with dated, tiny, comic book graphics!!
So what the heck are Phillips thinking of?
We can read,.. And write.
We're not illiterate toddlers. So why not a written manual as 99.99% of all other companies do?
And the manual is of no help what so ever, with the shavers cleaning system. There is NOTHING in the manual about the cleaning system what so ever. As such, I've yet to use it as I'm still unsure about the filling level for the damn thing. There is a vey feint line around the fill pot, but is it the fill level or is it just a join line from the manufacturing process? There is no inscription to help.
So a bit of help wouldn't go amiss Phillips.

G-HUB® Stand Case for HUDL 2 Tablet - BUBBLEGUM PINK Case / Cover / Skin with Built-In PropUp Stand (Dual Angle for Viewing & Typing Positions) - designed by G-HUB, for use with Hudl 8.3 inch Tablet (2nd Version Tablet, Released in 2014). Case includes BONUS: G-HUB ProPen Stylus.
Offered by G-Hub

AURAGLOW 10w Remote Control Colour Changing LED Light Bulb B22, Super Bright Warm White Dimmable Version - 2nd Gen - AG176
Offered by Safield Dist. Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Nov. 2014
Awesome piece of kit.

Songmics 10 Tier Shoe Rack Cabinet for 27 pairs of shoes Standing Storage Organizer 58 x 28 x 160 cm Black RXJ10H
Offered by Songmics

5.0 out of 5 stars Human 8 Cat 1, 29 Oct. 2014
Hmmm... What can I say about this “shoe Rack”? Best if I start at the beginning. Box arrived promptly, when I was told it would arrive. I held the box in my hands for the first time and pondered “This isn’t going to end well!” The box was very light. Very, very light.
“Ho! Well” I thought. Best get it over with. Looks like £15 down the drain. So I started to build it up. And very easy it was too. And as I built it, I began to smile. The brackets that are used are not at 90 degrees to each other. So when a shelf is built, it is built with a deliberate tension that holds everything together. Makes it stronger for its weight.
When assembly was complete, I stood back and smiled. For £15, you ‘aint gonna buy something better. I’ve brought wooden racks in the past that when built, are as wobbly as a drunk coming out of the pub at closing time.
And if proof be needed that the rack was “solid”, one of my 3 cats took up residence on the third shelf up. She curled up and went to sleep. If the rack had not been up to scratch, she wouldn’t have used it so readily.
So, in summary, £15 well spent. Of the 9 useable racks, I now have just 8. The cat has one!!
It is a lovely piece of kit and well worth every penny. Now for a wardrobe...

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars This is a load of JUNK., 20 Mar. 2014
They didn't even send me th right item. They sent some other "compass" which was totally crap. However, being only a £1 or so, cannot be bothered to do anything about it.

Hotpoint Grill Pan Complete
Hotpoint Grill Pan Complete
Offered by SPARES-2-GO

1.0 out of 5 stars It is dangerous, 20 Mar. 2014
Came promptly enough, built it by fixing handle to the pan. Which was a pain as the handle gets in the way of the screwdriver. Anyway, it was built and even though I had tighted up the screw as far as it would go, it was still wobbly.
However, first time up, under the grill, but with the pan set low, I checked to see how my bacon was doing, and the handle came off and the pan fell to the floor...!!
Now, what I mean by the handle comming off. It wasn't anything to do with the screw comming lose. The handle came off it's bracket. There must be some adhesive holding the handle onto it's metal bracket, and the glue must have failed.
Would I reccommend it? NO.
Is it a dangerous product? YES.
DO NOT BUY THIS ITEM. IT IS DANGEROUS TO USE.
Thankfully, the hot pan didn't fall on anyone.

SUMVISION UNIVERSAL BLACK KEYBOARD LEATHER CASE FOR 7" TABLETS PC WITH MICRO USB CONNECTION
Offered by Lemonia UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Samsung 7" Tab, 13 Feb. 2014
Does NOT appear to work with any Samsung 7" tablets. My review is the 3rd Samsung review where the keyboard and tablet do not work together (For reasons I do not know!). But for less than £4 including p&p, not worth the hastle of returning, so going intomy local landfill site. However, it does appear to work with other devices, just not samsung. So to sum up my review. If you have a Samsung tablet, buy something else instead. This keyboard will NOT work with Samsung!

In-Car Sat Nav GPS Case For GARMIN nuvi 3490LT 3490LMT 3540LT 3590LMT 2445 2445LMT 2455 2455LT 2455LMT 2475LT 2415 2415LT 2495LMT 2545 2545LMT 2515 2515LT 2595LMT 40 50 nulink! Live 2390 Live 2320 Live 2340
Offered by HEAD ZONE

5.0 out of 5 stars GET LOST?, 29 Aug. 2013
Well. You won't with this Garmin satnav. Ever.
Really easy to use.
Precise.
Clear.
Slim.
And with lifetime updates.
Nuff said...

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality., 12 May 2013
I purchased the i-pod Classic and just wanted something to keep it safe while using it in my car. Build quality is excellent. Service very quick.

Page: 1 | 2