Profile for Dearthe > Reviews

Superman™ costume for men - M
Superman™ costume for men - M
Offered by Fancy Dress Discount Store

3.0 out of 5 stars WARNING, Does NOT give you superpowers, 4 Oct 2013
Before you purchase this item I feel, as someone who has bought and used it, to not get your hopes up too much. Despite being a superman costume, this piece of worryingly clingy material does not instil the `man of steels' inherent super powers to you. I discovered this first hand.

I was heading home from my office, when I came across the sort of situation that Superman himself probably encountered fairly often, somebody needed help.

"Help!" The lady cried, confirming my suspicions. Somehow she had managed to get herself stuck in a revolving door, the mechanics of which are beyond my understanding.

"Have no fear, citizen." I cried, dashing towards her while pulling my office shirt open. I had anticipated the need for the super-suit and had been wearing it non-stop for a month incase of a situation like this.

She looked at me, a mixture of fear and concern in her eyes. Quickly she glanced at the `S' emblazoned across my chest. "Errrr" she said, in awe.

I stood in front of her for a minute or so, appraising the situation before clicking my fingers.

"Don't worry ma'am, I know what to do. Now for your own safety stand back."
"Errrr." She continued, a querulous eyebrow raised.

Channelling what I believed at the time was my super-strength I ran head first at the glass door, hoping to loosen it and free the lady. Unfortunately I didn't judge the situation correctly. The lady was indeed freed, but only because I smashed all of the glass out of the panes as I passed through the door and into the banks lobby.

As I discovered from my hospital bed later that week the woman was in fact a bank robber that the staff had trapped until the police could arrive.

So be warned, only wear this for a fancy dress party or some such, or you could find yourself in trouble/a traction device.

Construction Simulator (PC CD)
Construction Simulator (PC CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it, and discover the meaning of life, 2 Oct 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
When I was a young lad I once temped over the summer holidays at a building site. My main tasks were to carry bags of cement from one questionably moist area to another, shovel dirt back into the hole I had dug and 'have a go' at building a wall (that didn't go terribly well). It was during those six short weeks that I fell in love with the repetitive tasks, dubious safety practices and of course excessively long and frequent tea breaks that make up a building site.

Unfortunately I took a wrong turn in life and ended up a successful and influential millionaire playboy. At nights I would sit in my living room, glass of single malt whisky in one hand, Cuban cigar in the other and openly weep down my baby unicorn lined dressing gown, the melodramatic mood enhanced by my private orchestra gently playing behind me.

But then I found this game on Amazon and it has given me a whole new lease on life. This construction simulator is far more than what its title suggests. My days are now filled with the sheer unbridled joy of pouring out concrete, moving a crane about a bit, driving into walls and lampposts without recrimination or issue, and most importantly, enjoying myself.

I gave away my wealth to a local donkey sanctuary, I don't need facile finance anymore, not that I now have this.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 2, 2013 4:03 PM BST

Towing Simulator (PC CD)
Towing Simulator (PC CD)
Offered by Digitalville UK

5.0 out of 5 stars For gods sake dont buy this game, 1 July 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Towing Simulator (PC CD) (CD-ROM)
*puff puff*. Quickly, listen to me, I don't have much time. Don't buy this game, its too addictive. I don't know how long I've been playing, but it feels like a Lon- OH MY GOD! ITS BEEN 6 MONTHS. WHY? WHY DID I DECIDE TO BUY THIS ACCURSED GAME WHILE I WAS DRUNK 'FOR A LAUGH'? ITS TAKEN OVER MY LIFE.

I think I had a wife, but I'm not sure anymore. I think there was furniture too. All I have left now is this game, this evil, sadistic, beautiful, majestic siren. I don't need anything else, the world can wait, I NEED to tow some more naughty road users.

OH GOD I CAN FEEL IT PULLING ME BACK. RUN, RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN AAAARRRRGGGHHHHAXNCKEJDUSOAKXJDNNFHC.