Profile for KaesarSosei > Reviews

Marvel's The Avengers - 6-Disc Box Set [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Robert Downey Jr
Offered by BIG Bargains

5.0 out of 5 stars Better movies than they have any right to be, 20 Feb 2013
I'm a long time (25+ years) fan of comics and even 10 years ago the whole Avengers concept would have seemed impossible, but now is the time of the nerd! Some of these films sound ridiculous and even I am surprised that they got made (Thor in particular on paper sounds like some awful Scy-Fy channel flick). But Thor is brilliant and there is no weak film among these. Even Iron Man 2 which no doubt was the worse received of the movies is actually better upon repeat viewing. Captain America is the other movie I was most worried about before seeing, but I loved it as well.

Skylanders Giants: Starter Pack (PS3)
Skylanders Giants: Starter Pack (PS3)
Offered by Go2Games

3.0 out of 5 stars Kids love it, but the whole concept is pay-to-play or pay-to-win, 20 Feb 2013
This in its own right is a good game and the quality of the portal and the figurines is good. However the whole Skylanders craze is basically like a subscription to an MMO like World of Warcraft. The kids are always wanting more characters (at £10 a go) and certain parts of the game cannot be accessed without certain characters. If you don't mind the investment (and we have spent close to £100 on it so far) then fair enough, but there are far better games out there for less eg Ratchet and Clank. Although part of the fascintation for kids is peer pressure.

Also: there is a Disney version coming out as well as a new "transforming" Skylanders which will no doubt make some of the Giants redundant.

The Fast Diet: The secret of intermittent fasting - lose weight, stay healthy, live longer

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Concept, Decent book, good price, 20 Feb 2013
Without going into too much detail on the contents (which other reviewers and the web in general have covered well), I have been following the books idea for two weeks now and already have noticed a difference. I am only hungry on a fasting day at the time I would usually have my lunch (between 12 and 2 are rough) - which to me suggests thats a programming function. "Knowing" now that hunger is not bad for me I have no problem with it. Aside from that I have no real trouble eating my 300 calorie breakfast at 8am and 300 calorie "dinner" at 630pm. The main benefit is that on non-fasting days, whilst not being gluttenous at all, I can relax and eat as I like.

I got this book on Kindle for 99p which is a good price for it I would say. Its not a very large book and much of it is "wasted" on customer feedback for some reason. You can also glean much of the information from the internet for free. I also think that E-Books should in general be much cheaper than paper so I think 99p is a realistic price.

Watchmen
Watchmen
by Alan Moore

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant genre-breaking work, 23 Feb 2011
This review is from: Watchmen (Paperback)
While I honestly think that Watchmen is overrated, I still think it deserves 4 stars. I found "The Dark Knight Returns" and "From Hell" superior (I mention these as these are often mentioned in the same breath as Watchmen, V for Vendetta, Sandman, etc).

Its still a great read and essential for any comic book fan, and I try to pass it round anyone who likes to read in general to try and break the old myths of comic books.

The Iliad (Wordsworth Classics)
The Iliad (Wordsworth Classics)
by Homer

1.0 out of 5 stars Too hard to read, 23 Feb 2011
I bought this after being one of the few to enjoy the Troy movie. I didn't realise what I was getting myself into with the style of prose and just didn't have the patience or time to give it the attention in undoubtedly deserves. Unfortunately, I'm sure I won't be the only one in this position so I have to give it an honest score from my opinion.

How The West Was Won: Live (3CD)
How The West Was Won: Live (3CD)
Offered by Rock&PopCDVD

5.0 out of 5 stars The best sounding live band, 23 Feb 2011
Been a Led Zeppelin fan for 20 years and increasingly as time went on I started to prefer the sound of the live recordings over the studio ones. This triple CD contains a good selection of material from the early and middle years and is essential for any fan of good music.

Toshiba SD330E Multi-region DVD Player
Toshiba SD330E Multi-region DVD Player

5.0 out of 5 stars Still going strong, 23 Feb 2011
I bought this in 2004 to replace a failed previous Toshiba player. At the time, the reviews all indicated that these Toshiba's were the best DVD players. Anyway, 7 years later it is still working perfectly and has survived 3-4 years of abuse at the hand of 2 kids too which is a definate endorsement.

X2 - The Threat (PC)
X2 - The Threat (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly complex, but stick with it, 23 Feb 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: X2 - The Threat (PC) (Video Game)
This game has been super-ceded since I bought it in 2004 by at least 3 sequels, all of which steadily imrove the franchise. However I still give it 5/5 because the sequels mainly just add and refine what was already great in this game. 21st Century Elite is the best way to summarize it although there is enough management/strategy that can be played in the game to almost call it a strategy game in its own right too. Highly recommended, and give it at least 6-7 hours before coming to any conclusions about it.

Ixos Scart to Scart 1.5M
Ixos Scart to Scart 1.5M

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 23 Feb 2011
Nothing else to say really, except that I wonder why I bought one of these 7 years ago and I now have about 8 laying in a drawer in the garage :-s
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 8, 2012 11:28 PM BST

Griffin iTrip FM Transmitter for iPod mini; iPod classic 3G, 4G
Griffin iTrip FM Transmitter for iPod mini; iPod classic 3G, 4G

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit fiddly but ultimately impressive, 23 Feb 2011
This was a bit fiddly to setup, and the idea that it works using channels/frequencies listed as tracks in iTunes seemed ridiculous. But when I finally got it working, it worked very well and produced good FM quality output on any stereo. At the time it also impressed a lot of people and allowed me to use my iPod anywhere and take over DJ duties :-)

Just to be clear, I bought this 7 years ago to use with my second-gen iPod. No idea if its any use now or not.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4