Profile for Lizzy D > Reviews

Fascinating Aida - Silver Jubilee [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Liza Pulman

5.0 out of 5 stars Top dog (ging!), 24 Jan 2011
Cracking fun!!

Many moons ago, my parents introduced my to Flanders & Swann, and this seems to me to be the next step..... much more risque, but the clever lyrics, and sharp little jibes are just the business!

Love it!

Although, be warned! It's full of the kind of songs that WILL NOT clear from your head!

Simon's Cat
Simon's Cat
by Simon Tofield

5.0 out of 5 stars Purrrrrfect!, 12 Dec 2010
This review is from: Simon's Cat (Hardcover)
What a fabulous book!

Having been owned by various cats over the years, I could identify all the moods and cattitudes!
Fabulous drawings, sneaky humour - just plain made me giggle!
Wonderful!

Illuminated Punch Bowl Cocktail Fountain
Illuminated Punch Bowl Cocktail Fountain
Offered by Discount-warehouse09

5.0 out of 5 stars What a winner!, 25 July 2010
Bought, tongue in cheek, by my boyfriend for the regular meeting at my house of the "ladies what lunch".
I didn't tell them about it, just set it up with 3 litres of Sangria, and it was glowing & bubbling when they arrived! THEY LOVED IT!!
The only problem then, was keeping it filled, and I can see that it will be our extra guest at all future events!

I am sure there are more expensive, more "classy" ones out there, but to me...... if it's a social gathering, it's a MUST!!

Sony PRS-300 Reader eBook (with Space for up to 350 eBooks) (Pink)
Sony PRS-300 Reader eBook (with Space for up to 350 eBooks) (Pink)
Offered by K.K. Electronics

4.0 out of 5 stars Faaaabulous dahling!!, 24 July 2010
I REALLY, REALLY wanted one of these, but as I have been unemployed for over a year, thought it prudent to wait until after Xmas, when they would be reduced!
My beloved, however, fed up of my whimpering when passing them in a shop bought it for me, and I LOVE IT... possibly, even more than him!

I have over 650 books on - James Patterson, Stephen King.... all sorts, but I did compress them all as I got them, and I still have room for more!

You can read a number of books at one time, it keeps note of where you have got to for your return, the print is fantastic, in sunlight and lamp light (dependant on the quality of the ebook you download, but 99% of mine are good quality)
The only down side at the moment is the problems locating and then the consequent cost of any new books (about the price of a hardback), but, there are lots of freebies out there, and old books out of copyright date, so I'm happy to wait a bit for prices on new stuff to drop.

I take it EVERYWHERE, the battery life is so splendid (6 hours reading a day on a week hol, and only recharged once)

Did I mention I loved it?!?!?
His money, well spent!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 5, 2011 1:11 PM GMT

A Feast at Midnight [DVD]
A Feast at Midnight [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Hurley

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking Film!, 19 Oct 2009
This review is from: A Feast at Midnight [DVD] (DVD)
I watched this film on a very long flight from London to Australia, and despite enjoying it at the time, it got lost in my memory.
When I came across it many years later, dim recolection told me it was fun, and on my 2nd watch, I THOROUGHLY enjoyed it!
It's just an entertaining story. The characters are great, all very tongue in cheek, but a great way to spend a couple of hours, and feel better at the end of it.
I enjoy it so much, that I bought the video, then eventually the DVD - re-sold my video on Amazon..... of course!!

Odd Hours (Odd Thomas 4)
Odd Hours (Odd Thomas 4)
by Dean Koontz

2.0 out of 5 stars Hmmmmm !!, 15 Feb 2009
I LIKE Odd Thomas! Admittedly, I found him & Stormy a little irritating, but there are ALWAYS plucky heroes & heroines, and they are always (sorry Dean), a little irritating, but I have still read all his books more than once!!

This book was fine! I lay on the couch, hungover & read it in a few hours, but other than Frank Sinatra (always welcome) and a fleeting chat with Odds current employer, who I feel we met too briefly, it WAS just a light, time passer, rather than a show stopper!

I like Odd because of his interaction with the dead, but anyone could have sorted this problem out, it really didn't need him, and I am worried we are close to a Crocodile Dundee 3 here!
The first was really good, unexpected, nice & original, I enjoyed 2 & 3 too, but be careful! PLEASE don't milk it too much! It gets lame!

So many authors at the moment seem to be churning books out too quickly, and they just lose the punch.

I do now want to know what happens to Odd & the enigmatic girl (who really needs a slap for being so surreal!) but I really think 5 should be the end of it for a while, and Another hero or heroine should come out or a while, so we can fully anticipate & enjoy future adventures.

Creative ZEN Vision:M 30GB MP3 / Multi-Media Player - Black††
Creative ZEN Vision:M 30GB MP3 / Multi-Media Player - Black††

4.0 out of 5 stars Well I LOVE IT!!!, 12 Sep 2008
I'm not some techno geek, who has to keep changing to the latest gadgets, just someone with a variety of musical tastes who loves to have all music at her fingertips immediately.
Again bought, purely because it isn't an IPOD, I have had it 2 years and it's great!
I take it on holiday, with small speakers for the balcony, and headphones for the beach, I play it for a hour commute each way, each day, use it as my main music source round the house.
Battery life is really good, it's flown me to Australia (as it were).

I love it being on random, it brings up some classic song I had forgotten was on there! Nearly full now, and I am just so sad they don't make the 60gb any more, as I would buy it in a heartbeat! So, rather than going Apple, I am having to thin out some of the lesser loved songs, but with nearly 2,000 albums on it, I can't really complain!

Tropical Brainstorm
Tropical Brainstorm

5.0 out of 5 stars I will never tire of listening to this!, 18 Aug 2008
This review is from: Tropical Brainstorm (Audio CD)
I've always enjoyed Kirstys music, but Tropical Brainstorm? I LOVE!!! I love the lyrics (so funny & clever, I can't begin to pick a favorite), the style and rhythm makes you want to go out & learn to salsa - the BEST car music ever, but equally good, lying on the couch doing nothing!

I do hope someone has removed the thorn from the reviewers paw, and trust that on a second listen, he will hear the humour and fabulously catch tunes that everyone else seems to hear and love!
I will never tire of this CD, and recommend it as often as possible.

When the Wind Blows
When the Wind Blows
by James Patterson

5.0 out of 5 stars What a corker!, 18 Aug 2008
This review is from: When the Wind Blows (Paperback)
I confess, I bought this, purely because it was James Patterson, I tend not to read reviews, once I find an author, I buy the lot, good or bad, but phew!! I loved this! Yes, it was completely fanciful (I hope!), but.... WHO CARES! If you want reality, watch gritty documentaries, I want my imagination stretched and messed with - mission accomplished!
Grand as 'owt

The Quickie
The Quickie
by James Patterson

1.0 out of 5 stars What a shame!, 18 Aug 2008
This review is from: The Quickie (Paperback)
I loved James Patterson books! I sat in a tent, in France, in the stifling heat, reading "when the wind blows" and could NOT put it down. I loved the Alex Cross books - pacey and gripping, but OH NO!!! What was this?? I agree, there were twists, but they came towards the end of the book - you had the majority out of the way before the twists, then they seemed to be squashed in, as an afterthought - the first half was loooong - appreciate we're trying to build tension here, but pffff! I was just really frustrated! If I hadn't spent some hard earned petrol money on it, I'd have given up.
James, take time out, you can't need the money that much!
Give it a while, then come back, all zesty and fesity, like you used to be!! We miss the old you!

Page: 1 | 2