Profile for L. Frost > Reviews

Content by L. Frost

L. Frost "book lover 89" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Mental Shrillness
Mental Shrillness

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't like it., 13 May 2011
This review is from: Mental Shrillness (Kindle Edition)
Really wasn't my thing. Personally the stories to me didn't make sense, to me they were very very short and I don't feel the price was worth it. The reviews were good but it just didn't live up to my expectations and I was diasappointed. Try for yourself, some of the imagery is disturbing and disgusting but all of them were just too short and lacking in substance.

Thirst (Ava Delaney Book 1)
Thirst (Ava Delaney Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Thirst.. Not a great fan, 9 May 2011
This book was reasonably short (or felt it anyway) and the story could have been better. Im assuming its going to be a series as there is no complete tie up of the story. Ava is a human with vampiric traits born that way she struggles to deal with her thirst and the story circles her unwanted attachment to a human and the brink of a vampire war. It all sounds great and the characters are good and the plot seemed promising but there was something missing it didn't feel fulfilled to its full potential. It was a good read but notthe most enjoyable story I have read lately. Maybe later installments will be better.

Finding Sky (Savant Series Book 1)
Finding Sky (Savant Series Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good story... not what I expected, 7 May 2011
The story was good and not the typical teenage story with a twist. The powers were interesting and added the main plot however the romance alongside it was created too quickly and I would have liked to have see it grow between Zed and Sky and be less intense more developmental because it just seemed like he was obsessed with her at first (Until you know the full story anyway). I enjoyed the story and its definately worth reading as it is a unique story.

Forsaken (Fall of Angels Book 2)
Forsaken (Fall of Angels Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than the first, 1 May 2011
This is the second installment in this story and like the first very enjoyable. I liked this as again it was easy reading and enjoyed it better than the first as it was much more fast paced and more things happened. My criticism of it is though that I feel the ending was very abrupt and would like to see one more book to tie up lose ends with the characters. With the way it ends this is possible and feel it really would complete the first two parts of a good story.

Branded (Fall of Angels Book 1)
Branded (Fall of Angels Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Angel Book, 1 May 2011
Having read a few fantasy books about angels I wasn't sure what to expect from this one. However, as I started to get further into the book I was not disappointed. It has repetitive moments but at times this almost felt necessary due to the nature of the story and the impact the reoccurence of certain events has on the main characters. Has a lovely romatic storyline mingled in with the supernatural plot and they blend well but again did get a little predictable. However I really did enjoy it very easy read, recommended.

Nightmara
Nightmara

3.0 out of 5 stars Ending wasn't up to scratch, 1 May 2011
This review is from: Nightmara (Kindle Edition)
The book was brilliant, kept me hanging from the beginning however the ending wasn't great. The characters were good and well described and the plot left you wanting to read more and find out the conclusion to this paranormal story. The ending gave you what you wanted but it was very breif and could have been alot better in compariosn to the rest of the book. Seemed rushed and would have been nice to have a more complete ending. Good for the price and great read if you like paranormal stories

Spoilt (Book 1: Spoilt Series)
Spoilt (Book 1: Spoilt Series)

4.0 out of 5 stars I liked it, 1 May 2011
This is not the best written book ever and to some extent the critcal reviwes are right. However I did really enjoy the plot, the characters were likable and it was easy to follow. Though the relationship between Chelsea and Lucas is instantanious and highly unlikely in the real word the idealism is captivating. The story did really grip me and I couldn't wait to find out who done it. Enjoyable and well worth a read as its free!

Rosebush
Rosebush

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Thriller!, 17 April 2011
This review is from: Rosebush (Kindle Edition)
Really brilliant thriller. Interesting well described characters. The scene was set really well and I must say I really wasn't sure who the perpetrator was going to be. Lots of characters were suspicious and this is what made the book so entertaining.

Throughly enjoyable and recommended to all.

The Witches Of Santa Anna (Books 1-7) (The Witches of Santa Anna Bundle)
The Witches Of Santa Anna (Books 1-7) (The Witches of Santa Anna Bundle)

3.0 out of 5 stars good but...., 17 April 2011
these books were interesting and defintely kept me reading and wanting to know who the bad guy was and what was going to happen. typical american private school teen romance entwined with the supernatural. would have given it four stars as i did enjoy reading them but they were very short i got through all seven books in a matter of hours. if ur interested in this definately buy the discounted pack one of the books alone is two pound something and for one of them at that price its not worth it so save some money and time and download the set.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 13, 2011 9:53 AM BST

Glamour (Rae Wilder Book 1)
Glamour (Rae Wilder Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good easy read, 15 April 2011
Good read, easy to keep track of good guys and bad guys girl who doesn't know shes a demon the world depends on her etc etc. It was worth the price of nothing and I liked it that way if I had payed full price I would have been a little bit disappointed but as it is I wasn't. The book was good I would read the sequels as long as they were free too! Only bug bear was the grammar and spelling mistakes, it got very annoying everytime the word 'gods' came up. Sometimes the structure of the sentences did not make sense.

Overall good and not very time consuming finsihed it quickly so short but enjoyable all the same.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3