Profile for Tonyarm > Reviews

Corporate Finance: Theory and Practice
Corporate Finance: Theory and Practice
by Pascal Quiry

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive but accessible, 11 Dec 2013
A very bog, detailed and instructive book. However, it is also written in a very accessible way. Its my first port of call for all matters re corporate finance.

Excel 2013 Pivot Table Data Crunching (MrExcel Library)
Excel 2013 Pivot Table Data Crunching (MrExcel Library)
by Bill Jelen

4.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, 11 Dec 2013
I now know a lot more about pivots than I did before. It got me up to speed very quickly. A good and practical guide.

Excel Dashboards & Reports (Mr. Spreadsheet's Bookshelf)
Excel Dashboards & Reports (Mr. Spreadsheet's Bookshelf)
by Michael Alexander

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 11 Dec 2013
This book shows you how to do it from the beginning. I now produce effective dashboards and reports that are earning me extra fees from my clients. As well as gaining the specific knowledge the books title alludes to, despite being an experienced excel user, I have learnt many new things about excel that I now use in my daily work - a real bonus.

Practical Share Valuation
Practical Share Valuation
by Nigel Eastaway

2.0 out of 5 stars Not practical, 11 Dec 2013
It provides very little by way of detailed examples and is just full of legalistic writing. It is a good (if outdated) legal textbook but is not a PRACTICAL guide to share valuation.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 11, 2014 11:39 AM BST

Bread: River Cottage Handbook No. 3
Bread: River Cottage Handbook No. 3
by Daniel Stevens

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!!, 23 July 2013
This book as really improved my skills and being the size of a large paperback is perfect for carrying around with me, I love it. Highly recommended.

The Flintstones: Complete First Season [DVD] [1960]
The Flintstones: Complete First Season [DVD] [1960]
Dvd ~ Various

4.0 out of 5 stars Flintstones series 1, 9 July 2010
It's not as I rembeber it from when I was young. I'm really suprised at how violent Fred is, always threatening to biff his "best buddy" Barney (wouldn't want to be his enemy) but my girls(age 8 and 11) love it - as I did when I was a kid. At least it's not a reality show and I think they see that it's just a fantasy.