Profile for David > Reviews

Content by David

David "mombasadog" (Frankfurt Am Main, Germany)

Page: 1 | 2
Best Kept Secret: Book Three of the Clifton Chronicles
Best Kept Secret: Book Three of the Clifton Chronicles
by Jeffrey Archer
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic !, 5 July 2014
Haven't read it yet but if its as good as the other three I will be delighted. Paid 1p, delivered quickly, great condition.

The Sins of the Father (The Clifton Chronicles)
The Sins of the Father (The Clifton Chronicles)
by Jeffrey Archer
Price: 3.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Great !, 5 July 2014
Great story, paid 1p, very good condition, delivered quickly.

Bug-a-salt Garden, Lawn, Supply, Maintenance
Bug-a-salt Garden, Lawn, Supply, Maintenance
Offered by magibox
Price: 49.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, but no need to pay more than 45 elsewhere., 5 July 2014
Look on on Google and buy it for 45.

Gore Bike Wear Path Men's Cycling Trousers
Gore Bike Wear Path Men's Cycling Trousers
Price: 68.50 - 139.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Id love these but, 23 May 2013
I have a 41" waist and 31" inside leg (medium stocky) and just don't have sufficient sizing information to order online, shame really, and you would think a seller would appreciate that and especially where items cannot be adjusted.

Adults TWO PAIR PACK More Mile cushioned LONDON running sock
Adults TWO PAIR PACK More Mile cushioned LONDON running sock
Offered by The Sportswear Factory
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Never Sleep Alone Again !, 12 May 2013
I received these as a free gift from my great grandmother who is 93 years old on Tuesday, requires a walking stick and is blind in one eye. She was born in Ealing but due to ill health moved to Silvertown to take advantage of better quality air, she trains twice a week for veterans triathalon but over the last 5 or so years has started to get ankle pain and occasional blisters when transitioning between the cycling and running stages. Her psychiatrist kept telling her that it was all in her mind but there was no conning the old fox, she knew better. She decided to change her socks which she had knitted herself when times were hard during the war, it used to help take her mind off the sound of bombs detonating during the blitz. Whilst out doing some Fartlek down Mile End road, she saw these socks in a second hand charity shop and purchased them. She persevered for two long years but ultimately she could not get used to them, as she always says, "..a little change is a good thing, but no change is better..". Her inability to keep up with progress was my good fortune however, low and behold, the following Christmas, wrapped in an old newspaper (thrifty old sweety that she is) were these lovely fashion socks, recently hand washed and ready for use. Any road up, to cut a long story short, I do not run due to excessive participation in the modern western diet but I somehow feel athletic when I don them for bed, they keep my feet warm and cosy, to be honest, and I am not sure whether it is the socks, but I have lost 2 lbs already, and I've only had them 5 months, I give it 5 stars just for that !

Endeavour - The Complete First Series [DVD]
Endeavour - The Complete First Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Shaun Evans
Price: 5.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Great But Cheaper on iTunes (unusually), 26 April 2013
I couldn't wait so I bought the series pass on iTunes for 6.99. I love Morse and Lewis and re-watch them frequently but this is in a class of its own. I like how Strange is in it too however in Morse "Seraphim & Cherabim", Strange says to Morse how he couldn't imagine him ever being young, now he doesn't need too :-) I recommend this programme to anybody, it stands well in it's own right but for Morse/Lewis fans, it is a must own.

Basel III and Beyond
Basel III and Beyond
by Francesco Cannata
Price: 133.58

3.0 out of 5 stars Expensive for what you get, 14 Dec 2012
This review is from: Basel III and Beyond (Paperback)
Risk books have never been cheap but they usually get to the point, this rambles on a bit too much and seems out of date and opinionated. Better books will come along soon, be patient !

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Suprisingly Fanastic, 14 Dec 2012
I bought the normal phone version after which I needed to purchase a phone adapor (1.25). I set up the unit in 15 mins and took me less than one hour to unpack and place the sensors ( do not switch the unit on until you have placed the sensors or the alarm will sound thinking they are being tampered with). I used sticky velcro to place the sensors so that I can easily move them around. I plugged in the inernal house speaker although I thought the units speaker was loud enough and tested by arming the system. I walked passed a sensor and the alarm immediately sounded, I was initially shocked and deafened, I dropped the key fob and covered my ears, picked up the fob gingerly and disarmed the system before my ear drums burst.

I can imagine in the dead of night this will scare off any intruder and give them a migraine in the process.

I didnt expect much for 103, my best quote for a similar wired system, fitted, was 2,000. The only way an intruder could disarm it was first to locate the unit and smash it to bits, but by then the neighbours would be round and auto phone calls dialled. The unit looks cheap and flimsy but it works, and if it lasts a few years it is well worth the money.

I am delighted with this product and the company, everything set up and delivered (overseas) in 4 days !

Nikon COOLPIX S8200 Compact Digital Camera - Black (16.1MP, 14x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Most of us don't need better than this !, 29 Oct 2012
I confess I use my phone to take most photos, getting drunk in the pub or spontaneous events. I wanted to compliment this with a high quality lightweight camera and this is it. Easy to pocket, great zoom with which to frame the picture and the picture quality is amazing. I put in a 15 quid 32Gb SD card and i am told I have space for 6700 photos ! Never taken it off auto and haven't shot a bad picture yet. I switched off the annoying auto deploying flash light, which is definitely in the wrong place and its easy to switch back on when I need it. Marvellous.

Lenovo A1 7 inch Multi Touch Tablet (Cortex A8 1GHz, 16Gb Storage, 512Mb RAM, Dual Camera (0.3MP front/3MP rear), Android 2.3.4) - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap for a reason, 22 Jan 2012
Looks ok, solid and quite light. The most frustrating thing i have ever used however (after the touchpad on the Samsung series 9 where getsures dont work at all), the gestures are slow and have to be repeated far to often to make them work and often do unexpected things for example a scroll often ends up in a zoom. I have removed the typed login as one key press leads to three typed charachters or none and the pattern login simply does not do what you want it to ! One hour using this machine and you will be needing a tranquiliser. The problem it has is simply due to the touchscreen, it is so bad compare to Apple products, I have to say I am getting used to the product but i would put your money towards a better tablet, you will live longer, it is cheap for a reason, and the corners have been cut in the wrong places.

Page: 1 | 2