Profile for Mucklegipe > Reviews

Content by Mucklegipe

Mucklegipe (Scotland)

MOBILITY SCOOTER, FRIEND OR FOE?
MOBILITY SCOOTER, FRIEND OR FOE?

4.0 out of 5 stars informative book on mobility scooters, 15 July 2014
A nice book written by some one who actually uses them, this way you are assured the narrative is based on personal experience, not a sales brochure. Having to consider a purchase of one for my mother recently it was re assuring to see the type I was considering may well be right for her and her needs. Thank you.

Untamed Spirit II
Untamed Spirit II

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational and a joy to read, 14 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Untamed Spirit II (Kindle Edition)
inspirational and a joy to read, used as a title and this is because it is! Although few of us will emulate such a journey, parts of it we might, be it Asia, Europe, South America, or America. It also reinforces what similar books other have written that dispute the doom and gloom that is reported about countries, ordinary people for the most part are friendly, helpful and the same, dispute cultural or political differences. Perhaps the politicians, and their sabre rattling could learn a thing or to if they cared to travel and visit on a similar journey!

Marking Time
Marking Time

4.0 out of 5 stars Russian watch collecting, 22 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Marking Time (Kindle Edition)
If proof were needed, this book illustrates you do not have to spend a fortune to have a good, long lasting and fine watch on your wrist. I to caught the Soviet memorabilia bug when the wall came down, included in this was Russian watches. I concur, these are fine watches.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Tides of War (Xbox)
Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Tides of War (Xbox)
Offered by multimedia-online

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great game, 30 Aug. 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I have played the PC and Macintosh versions of this game and to my surprise found the xBox version has more stages! It starts in the village outside the castle and with the guy who eventually perishes in the castle in all versions ofthe game. Nice to have some back story to the game.
These days you can pick up xBox games very cheap, this one was no exception. Lots of inexpensive fun.

Red Tape and White Knuckles: One Woman's Motorcycle Adventure through Africa
Red Tape and White Knuckles: One Woman's Motorcycle Adventure through Africa
by Lois Pryce

3.0 out of 5 stars Lois Pryce does it again., 29 Aug. 2009
Lois Pryce writes great travelling adventure books, this one is no exception. I have to say though I enjoyed her first one better but this one is close! I will be looking for her next one, I'm sure I'll enjoy it as well.

Gupi V3.0 Interactive Guinea Pig
Gupi V3.0 Interactive Guinea Pig

2.0 out of 5 stars Gupi Generation 2, 21 Jun. 2009
I had one of the 2nd generation ones, this was great fun and as I used it it 'learned' the lay out of the rooms and become more 'playful'. It did on occasions need a hard reset, which did mean it them had to go through the process all over again, annoying but not a disaster.

My problems started when I had stored it for a long time with out using it. You see when I did re charge it and try it all it would do was make the 'surprised' sound and wiggle its head, no other movement at all. No amount of coaxing helped the situation and eventually the thing 'died'.

I have read others reviews hoping the situation had improved, thinking I'd get another one, as it was fun when the old one worked, enough to get another one, but I think I'll wait a little longer.

American Borders: A Solo Circumnavigation of the United States on a Russian Sidecar Motorcycle
by Carla King

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great motorcycle travel book!, 10 April 2009
American Borders: A Solo Circumnavigation of the United States on A

I read a lot of these books and this one is one I will keep and read again! Almost as good as Lois on the loose, which is another good read.

5 x CR1225 3v Lithium Batteries
5 x CR1225 3v Lithium Batteries

4.0 out of 5 stars Lithium Batteries 5x CR1225 3V, 10 April 2009
These Batteries were for my car key remote. Now I can once again get my car to open! An odd size but got them on Amazon! Thanks.

Windows XP Home Edition
Windows XP Home Edition

2.0 out of 5 stars Windows XP, 10 Oct. 2003
This review is from: Windows XP Home Edition (CD-ROM)
I work with PCs daily, the place I work will soon be forced to go over to XP, I cannot say I am looking forward to it.
I read with interset the comments written by jonathanmcc from Cork Ireland. I have found the friends that have XP on their machines prove his comments to be true.
However his comment at the end of his review, I quote, "Conclusion:
If there was an viable alternative for a home PC I would switch in an instant."
There is one, get your self an Apple macintosh! I did and I am glad I did!
Kenneth gauld

Virtual PC 5.0 Mac (with Windows 98)
Virtual PC 5.0 Mac (with Windows 98)

4.0 out of 5 stars Windows '98 on the Mac, 26 May 2002
This product is great when you just have to have Windows. Neworking my iMac 400 DV and my Packard Bell P III 450 could not have been simpler, so can now share printer and files between the two.
I do find however that running Virtual PC 5.0 in OS X.1 quite slow, in OS 9.2 (classic) seems fine.
Not a 3D games platform, Quake II, Half Life etc. If you want to run those type of games get the Mac version or run on a real PC. Does run PC version of Myst and Full Throttle. Fine for office '97, (not tried it with any other office version). The best version yet.