Profile for Claire Goodley > Reviews

Content by Claire Goodley

Claire Goodley

Magimix Nespresso M200 Coffee Maker (Chrome)
Magimix Nespresso M200 Coffee Maker (Chrome)

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous!!, 28 Sep 2009
My husband and I are real coffee lovers. Having lived in France and Italy I was a little snobbish about the capsule idea, as it seemed a little too convenient to provide that proper coffee hit. Eventually i gave in and bought one for him and can say that I was wrong.

This machine is really fast and easy to use and cleaning is minimal. The capsules are all recyclable, which was another concern of mine and the different types of coffee are all smooth and smell of Italian bars. You fill up the water container, turn it on and less than a minute later (time to choose your capsule, get your cup etc) you are ready to go. The milk frother is fun to use, and easy to clean and unlike all the other coffee makers we have had or still have cleaning is minimal. You can even use the hot water to make a cuppa or hot chocolate, rather that use the kettle.

Ours broke after a month, but the replacement arrived within a day and postage was paid to return the faulty goods.

A few Nespresso centres are opening up now, so we don't need to order our coffee online, we just pop to the Trafford Centre, taste a few and make our selection.

I still make fresh bean to jug coffee as I like to top up during the morning, or make enough for friends in one go but husband hasn't been near it since, and shows his gadget off to anyone who comes round. A really good buy, classy looking, high quality product that makes a truly enjoyable cup of coffee. It comes highly recommended.

Zest: Running Made Easy
Zest: Running Made Easy
by Lisa Jackson
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars if you need to get yourself started, this will help, 8 Jun 2009
A beginner's book, that I bought after using a small booklet adapted from this book in Zest magazine and went from a treadmill 20 mins max runner, to an outdoors 10K plus runner in a few months. I read the reviews before buying this, and for me, it got me fitter and slimmer after my first child than I had been before. I loved meeting my targets, and really started to enjoy running, rather than watching the treadmill clock getting bored. If you are already a competetive runner, and run more than twice a week, this book could still help you train for a half or full marathon, but it is aimed at people, mainly women, who know that with simple steps set out, they shouldn't be exausted after running for the bus. In my opinion, it is not, as some say, just for fat, lazy people, rather those that didn't enjoy running at school, haven't done it since, but are now ready to learn to enjoy it. I am a convert!

How I Met Your Mother: Season 3 [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
How I Met Your Mother: Season 3 [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Josh Radnor
Offered by RAREWAVES USA
Price: 9.69

5.0 out of 5 stars love it!, 8 Jun 2009
This is irresistable. It has had me in stitches, and I can't wait for the next DVD to be available. Since Trouble TV has gone under it was the only way to get to watch series 3. The other reviews talk about friends, but it is edgier (if that is a word). I stumbled upon this series by mistake, and have some brilliant nights in since I did! I love it!

Triathlon Made Easy
Triathlon Made Easy
by Zoe McDonald

4.0 out of 5 stars does what it ways on the tin!, 8 Jun 2009
This review is from: Triathlon Made Easy (Paperback)
I first started running using the running made easy tips in Zest magazine, and this is very similar. It isn't about the science, it's about attainable targets, and tracking your progress. What I love about this book is that Triathlon doesn't seem like an elite sport when you follow its programme, just something that you can aim for and achieve. It's a morale booster book really, but you do get the results, and from the super-sprint to the iron man, you catch the bug and feel competent.

Supernanny: How to Get the Best from Your Children
Supernanny: How to Get the Best from Your Children
by Jo Frost
Price: 15.80

4.0 out of 5 stars simple advice is often the best!, 6 May 2009
I bought this for a friend of mine, and then decided maybe I needed it too! I love the TV programme and found this book full of well illustrated advice on enjoying your toddlers and their progression, rather than refering to the 'terrible twos' or 'little terrors'. An enjoyable read with some helpful hints.

The Little Mermaid: Special Edition
The Little Mermaid: Special Edition
Price: 18.28

5.0 out of 5 stars exactly what I expected, 6 May 2009
I spent a long time looking in shops for this CD and it is nowhere to be found, not even in the Disney stores. It has all the songs and the classical interludes in the film and has changed car journeys with my daughter from stressful to fun. At two, she adores the film, reliving it with the CD, and on many an occasion I have found myself singing along on the way to work, long after I have dropped her off at nursery! As for CD2, it isn't of much use to us, as she is so young, but if she were into the older Disney characters I can see that this would have been a real find!