Profile for Scorpio > Reviews

Content by Scorpio

Scorpio (Plymouth, Devon UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Every Witch Way But Wicked
Every Witch Way But Wicked

5.0 out of 5 stars Every one a Gem, 30 July 2012
Indeed every one a Gem, an enjoyable collection of shorts and with proceeds to a very good cause theres not a thing to complain about. I enjoyed them all.
A little bit of something for everyone and at such a reasonable price you can't lose and can do some good at the same time. A great way to try out authors you may not have read before too.

Sky Dragons (The Dragon Books)
Sky Dragons (The Dragon Books)
by Todd McCaffrey

4.0 out of 5 stars A long way to go, but its of Pern. I like it, 28 July 2012
The last book Anne McCaffrey wrote with her son Todd before her death in 2011. I am a big fan of hers, so yes, I enjoyed it. It was not the best she had written, but it was of the dragons of Pern 'nough said. A whole lot of people are not going to like this book. Todd has a great act to follow. He is not his mother but is trying to keep Pern alive. He has a long way to go. I do hope he makes it.

No More Tears: A gripping CSI crime thriller (Roger Conniston Book 3)
No More Tears: A gripping CSI crime thriller (Roger Conniston Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 26 July 2012
An excellent ending to a brilliant series. A roller-coaster read from start to finish. Indeed with more twist and turns than a corkscrew. Will be waiting eagerly for Andrew's next book. Soon I hope!

A Long Time Dead: A gripping CSI crime thriller (SOCO Roger Conniston Book 1)
A Long Time Dead: A gripping CSI crime thriller (SOCO Roger Conniston Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent read, 21 July 2012
First in the series I hoped it would be a good one. I was not dissapointed. A good read with plenty of twists and turns. It is well written and with a good ending.

Stealing Elgar: A gripping CSI crime thriller (SOCO Roger Conniston Book 2)
Stealing Elgar: A gripping CSI crime thriller (SOCO Roger Conniston Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant read., 21 July 2012
I thought the first book in this series was good. So I was not surprised to find that the second was also good. What I was surprised about was how much more than good this one is. It is a cannot put down read. The twists and turns are excellent and the end when I got there, well I just could not stop, I grabbed the third and continued on. This was gone 1am and I was supposed to be sleeping, no way! Don't hesitate, buy this series now, you won't regret it.

Secret Hollows (Mary O'Reilly Series Book 7)
Secret Hollows (Mary O'Reilly Series Book 7)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Winner, 30 Jun. 2012
I really enjoyed this one. It was a moving story and yes, I shed tears but it ticked all the boxes for me with a nice twist at the end. Another winner and looking forward to the next one already.

Pegasus
Pegasus

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasent, Gentle & Romantic, 24 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Pegasus (Kindle Edition)
A charming read, a gentle romantic tale for horse lovers. A real bad, baddie and a fitting end to this western tale.

Ghost Fire (The Ghost Files Book 3)
Ghost Fire (The Ghost Files Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Ghost Tale, 23 Jun. 2012
I enjoyed this gentle ghost tale. Would quite be happy to read more in this series. Light, free flowing and a pleasure to read.

To the Grave: A Genealogical Crime Mystery #2 (Jefferson Tayte)
To the Grave: A Genealogical Crime Mystery #2 (Jefferson Tayte)

5.0 out of 5 stars Realistic and moveing, 20 Jun. 2012
To the Grave is as realistic a tale as was ever written. At a time when strict moral codes ruled everyday life; this was sensitively dealt with.
One could feel the yearning of Mena to escape the tight control her mother had over the whole family. This book plumbs the depths and emerges triumphant. This is a brilliant second novel. I shall look forward to the third in this series in the knowledge I shall not be disappointed.

Spirit Horses
Spirit Horses

4.0 out of 5 stars A Touching Story, 17 May 2012
This review is from: Spirit Horses (Kindle Edition)
This is a very touching story. One that I enjoyed very much. It is in need of a little polishing in the formatting area, but this did not detract from the story for me.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9