ARRAY(0xa4d0fc84)

Profile for Scorpio > Reviews

Content by Scorpio

Scorpio (Plymouth, Devon UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Death in the Winter Garden (Star Gardens Mysteries)
Death in the Winter Garden (Star Gardens Mysteries)

4.0 out of 5 stars A Charming Continuation, 15 Sep 2012
This is indeed a charming continuation of Fern Green's story. Full of the lore of gardening and plants it still keeps the mystery and suspense of multiple murders. A real pleasure to read.

Cat Pies - feline historical trivia.
Cat Pies - feline historical trivia.
Price: 1.79

4.0 out of 5 stars A Feast of Facts, 29 Aug 2012
Indeed a feast of fascinating facts. Some of which I knew and a lot that I didn't. With a heartbreaking silver tabby tale at the end.

Consequences (Book One - Lessons, The Series)
Consequences (Book One - Lessons, The Series)
Price: 3.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 15 Aug 2012
I enjoyed the plot, and the characters were great. I did feel there were a few things left hanging and not fully explained. The ending was fine but a little rushed to my mind. A little more polish and insted of being a good read it would have been a great read. I will be buying the next one as I do enjoy Ms Horgan's writing

Hawke's Tor (Amos Hawke mysteries)
Hawke's Tor (Amos Hawke mysteries)
Price: 4.79

4.0 out of 5 stars A Delightful Read, 10 Aug 2012
This is the first E V Thompson book I have read. It will not be the last!
A delightful read with plenty of twists and turns. Yes, I worked out who the murderer was but that did not detract from my pleasure in the tale. I recommend this completely

Every Witch Way But Wicked
Every Witch Way But Wicked
Price: 1.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Every one a Gem, 30 July 2012
Indeed every one a Gem, an enjoyable collection of shorts and with proceeds to a very good cause theres not a thing to complain about. I enjoyed them all.
A little bit of something for everyone and at such a reasonable price you can't lose and can do some good at the same time. A great way to try out authors you may not have read before too.

Sky Dragons (The Dragon Books)
Sky Dragons (The Dragon Books)
by Todd McCaffrey
Price: 15.19

4.0 out of 5 stars A long way to go, but its of Pern. I like it, 28 July 2012
The last book Anne McCaffrey wrote with her son Todd before her death in 2011. I am a big fan of hers, so yes, I enjoyed it. It was not the best she had written, but it was of the dragons of Pern 'nough said. A whole lot of people are not going to like this book. Todd has a great act to follow. He is not his mother but is trying to keep Pern alive. He has a long way to go. I do hope he makes it.

No More Tears (The Dead Trilogy)
No More Tears (The Dead Trilogy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 26 July 2012
An excellent ending to a brilliant series. A roller-coaster read from start to finish. Indeed with more twist and turns than a corkscrew. Will be waiting eagerly for Andrew's next book. Soon I hope!

A Long Time Dead (The Dead Trilogy)
A Long Time Dead (The Dead Trilogy)
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent read, 21 July 2012
First in the series I hoped it would be a good one. I was not dissapointed. A good read with plenty of twists and turns. It is well written and with a good ending.

Stealing Elgar (The Dead Trilogy)
Stealing Elgar (The Dead Trilogy)

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant read., 21 July 2012
I thought the first book in this series was good. So I was not surprised to find that the second was also good. What I was surprised about was how much more than good this one is. It is a cannot put down read. The twists and turns are excellent and the end when I got there, well I just could not stop, I grabbed the third and continued on. This was gone 1am and I was supposed to be sleeping, no way! Don't hesitate, buy this series now, you won't regret it.

Secret Hollows (Mary O'Reilly Paranormal Mystery)
Secret Hollows (Mary O'Reilly Paranormal Mystery)
Price: 1.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Winner, 30 Jun 2012
I really enjoyed this one. It was a moving story and yes, I shed tears but it ticked all the boxes for me with a nice twist at the end. Another winner and looking forward to the next one already.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8