Profile for geoff > Reviews

Duracell Plus Power AAA Battery - Pack of 8
Duracell Plus Power AAA Battery - Pack of 8
Offered by Everyday Electrics

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value Duracells, 10 Jan. 2015
Worked as you would expect ie very well indeed. As it says this was a pack of 8 though the packaging says I was buying 5 with 3 free - so presumably they came from the manufacturer with a bonus which has been kept by someone. Even so I opted to buy at this price and am sure it is a good purchase that I would do again.

The Wet Brush Detangling Hair Brush, Black
The Wet Brush Detangling Hair Brush, Black
Offered by JV Supply

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hair brush, 12 Dec. 2014
You can't write too much about an inexpensive hairbrush but I really like this - never mind the "wet" bit , it is a really good brush at a really low price. What more can you want?

IBRA® LUXURY GOLD High Speed 1.5 Meter Gold Plated HDMI to HDMI cable with 3D, Ethernet and Audio Return Channel,Version 2.0/1.4a (1.5m/4.8ft)
Offered by Hd Zone

5.0 out of 5 stars Great HDMI cables, 17 Nov. 2014
Having just bought a new 4K 48" Samsung TV and Blu Ray player I needed some HDMI cables. These looked the business at a ridiculously low price. I went for the gold plated option (you can save a bit by foregoing this) and went for these, largely on basis of reviews. They came quickly and were well packaged and I installed them. Absolutely no problem & great picture and sound. Why spend more for a "big name" ? I have always been someone who is prepared to pay more (within reason) for a better product - (I have Linn Hi Fi with mid range Chord cables) but on this evidence why waste the money

King of the Khyber Rifles
King of the Khyber Rifles

4.0 out of 5 stars Written in 1916 and set in Afghanistan, this book ..., 6 Oct. 2014
Written in 1916 and set in Afghanistan, this book features Captain Athelstan King who is dispatched to the North West Frontier to keep tribesmen from a German supported invasion of British India. A well written bit of storywriting, this book combines a modern feel with a frequent use of "thou" for "you", something that gets a little wearing though presumably meant to reflect the use of the local patois. An enjoyable read from an era when supporting the British Empire was a natural position to take and where you fought as necessary to keep it.
Give it a go!

The Harry Harrison Megapack: 11 Classics of Science Fiction
The Harry Harrison Megapack: 11 Classics of Science Fiction

2.0 out of 5 stars Bit of a let down!, 6 Jun. 2014
I have always loved Harry Harrison's work - he is a great story teller and I have read stories like "the technicolor time machine" and "Rebel in time" more times than I care to mention. Not complex but really enjoyable. So when this came along at £0.36p I thought "wow".
And no doubt it is worth risking this amount if you are interested in SF. But I did not enjoy any of the stories and was genuinely disappointed. None of the stories I knew and very ordinary stuff

Space Opera and Planetary Romance Reader Guide (Blue Tyson's SF Guides Book 3)
Space Opera and Planetary Romance Reader Guide (Blue Tyson's SF Guides Book 3)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not really useful, 7 Feb. 2014
Very vague guiding and massive space given over to authors I have never heard of. Lots of titles that I really rate are not included even when the author is there. Perhaps they are not "space opera" ! - who knows
And then again titles I know and love are given poorish ratings - perhaps writing readable and enjoyable prose is non - U.
But still interesting in its way

Geoff

Rosewood Monty Mouse Cat Toy
Rosewood Monty Mouse Cat Toy

2.0 out of 5 stars Not really much use, 31 Jan. 2014
Looks cute but completely ignored by our 3 cats from the start. Still lying on the floor unloved & unwanted. Shame because as I say it looks good.

Kong Kickeroo Pattern 2
Kong Kickeroo Pattern 2
Offered by By Paws

5.0 out of 5 stars Kickeroo magic!, 31 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Kong Kickeroo Pattern 2 (Misc.)
Bought one for our 3 pussies as their Christmas present and they loved it - and do over a month later when most cat toys are well forgotten. They must use a really strong/ special catnip and it certainly works.
Came from USA (I think) and was quicker in arriving than expected even at the pre-Christmas busy period. All round excellent (nb I bought another for a friend's cat and she also thought it the bee's knees.

Lavazza Caffe Espresso Coffee Beans 250 g (Pack of 3)
Lavazza Caffe Espresso Coffee Beans 250 g (Pack of 3)
Offered by Sarahs Coffee Company

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK at the price, 6 Nov. 2013
Nothing really wrong with this bean at the price other than it is a bit bland - you drink it and then move on. Nothing really exciting or enjoyable - it's just OK. I would probably not buy again though if offered it by a friend I would be happy to drink it. Probably the old adage "you get what you pay for" is appropriate here

Lavazza Qualita Rossa Coffee Beans 1 kg
Lavazza Qualita Rossa Coffee Beans 1 kg

3.0 out of 5 stars Its OK, 26 Sept. 2013
Regularly buy coffee beans online and normally go to specialist suppliers (the Coffee Bean Shop do a great job - super beans at a good price with fortnightly special offers) but thought I would try these much cheaper beans from a well known name. And at first I liked these Lavazza beans - an OK taste at a good price. But a couple of weeks on I am getting bored - these are a bit bland and really not the special event a well made cup of coffee should be. So - quite drinkable and something I would be happy to offer visitors but a bit "B list" against a good product from a specialist supplier (but who will obviously charge more).

Page: 1 | 2