Profile for James > Reviews

Xenocide: Book 3 of the Ender Saga
Xenocide: Book 3 of the Ender Saga
by Orson Scott Card

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but a bit hard going., 31 July 2014
Whilst it is not as different as the speaker of the dead was to ender's game it does introduce some new characters and freshens things up a bit. I did enjoy it and will most likely buy the next book in the series but I did find the book hard going at times especially when talking about theoretical stuff like faster than the speed of light travel.

Genuine Maxwell Crystal Clear Case Hard Cover For Apple iPod Nano 4th Gen
Genuine Maxwell Crystal Clear Case Hard Cover For Apple iPod Nano 4th Gen

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 5 Mar 2014
Fits fairly easily, seems to be doing the job. Might be a bit difficult to remove, also I wouldn't test it by dropping it, its more to withstand daily use and prevent scratches etc.

Ultimate Spider-Man Volume 6: Venom: Venom v. 6
Ultimate Spider-Man Volume 6: Venom: Venom v. 6
by Brian Michael Bendis

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great volume, 5 Mar 2014
Spider-man is probably my favorite superhero but I hadn't read any of the comics until I started the ultimate spider-man series. I've enjoyed all the previous volumes and this is no different. It is well written, it is emotional and the art is great as always.

The only thing that annoys me is the reference to something that happens in the ultimate marvel team up series and it kinda seems like a ploy to get you to spend money on that. Also as some people have pointed out they have done a retcon of Eddie Brock as in volume 3 there was a reporter called Eddie Brock but we never got to see his face whereas the Eddie Brock in this is not a reporter and there is no reference to it being made.

Ultimate X-Men Volume 1: Tomorrow People TPB: Tomorrow People v. 1 (Graphic Novel Pb)
by Mark Millar

5.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as ultimate spider-man, 24 Aug 2013
I have gotten into comic books recently due to my love of superheroes but I found it difficult what with all the past continuity. Thankfully the ultimate marvel universe exists so I decided to go with it, I have the first five volumes of Ultimate Spider-man and I decided to get into the X-men after my dad got me astonishing x-men volume 2-Danger from a charity shop which I enjoyed but which had a lot of stuff I didn't have a clue about.

This book is a great introduction, its action packed, its humourous and the art is nice. Hopefully the other books will go into more detail about certain characters. One of the things that was central to the story but kinda confused me was that it seemed like the sentinels were a sudden knee jerk reaction that seems entirely disproportionate to Magnetos actions. It could've been better explained that mutants had been a problem for a while.

The Road of the Dead
The Road of the Dead
by Kevin Brooks

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent enough, 24 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Road of the Dead (Paperback)
I'm a big fan of Kevin Brooks but I didn't really enjoy this book as much as I thought I would. There is plenty of action and some wierd stuff as well I just didn't get into it as much as other books of his.

Diago  Adaptor 30cm Extension Lead - Black
Diago Adaptor 30cm Extension Lead - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 11 April 2013
Exactly what it says on the tin, solved the problem I had with not being able to power all my pedals off a daisy chain. But it is expensive for what it is and it might be good if there was a slightly longer version.

Not Your Kind Of People
Not Your Kind Of People

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tune, 11 April 2013
Great song, bought it after hearing it in the metal gear solid 5 trailer. Have listened to it loads of time since.