Profile for Streetcar > Reviews

Vileda Supermocio 3 Action Refill Twin Pack
Offered by Anything 4 Home
Price: 6.49

4.0 out of 5 stars The word Supermocio makes me laugh!, 3 Oct 2012
I actually received the latest Supermocio 3D mop heads instead of the advertised & pictured older Supermocio 3 which is the previous version, so I'm happy with that. Anyway, it's a mop and I've used the older Vileda mop heads before so the performance is good.

These mop heads fit into older Vileda handles, mine is about 5 years old. I was worried they might have changed the connector head but they haven't, so all good.

I got mine from OP Healthcare, good price as they are a few pounds more in supermarkets etc. Well packaged and very reasonable delivery times given the postage is free.

Overall, a good buy for the latest 3D mop heads. Didn't come with 3D glasses though, so gonna knock of a star for that. Ha, just kidding!

2 x AAA Digimax Industrial Rechargeable 750 mAh Telephone Batteries
2 x AAA Digimax Industrial Rechargeable 750 mAh Telephone Batteries
Offered by Cell Solutions
Price: 2.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value rechargeable batteries, 10 April 2012
I bought these batteries to replace the current set in my Phillips cordless phone.

I was considering buying a new phone as mine was having some issues where I would answer a call and it would just cut off straight away and I could see that the battery status was signalling empty even though it was on the charger.

Not sure why I didn't think of this straight away but it eventually came to me that I could replace the batteries and it could potentially solve the issue. I usually buy branded goods but I went for this set as they were so cheap and had good reviews, so I thought I would give them a try.

Delivery was pretty quick and the items arrived in a small envelope, fitted them into the phone and left to charge for 24 hours and then over the course of a week I left the phone of the charger and it held it's charge for a good 5 days with a few short calls made during this time.

Can't comment on how long they will last before they stop holding a decent charge, but at this price it's not a massive issue.

Overall, very pleased with these they do the job just fine!

UPDATE 03/10/2013 - Still going strong in my cordless home phone a year and a half after purchasing these batteries.

York Weight Training Gloves - Large
York Weight Training Gloves - Large
Price: 7.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Honey I shrunk the gloves!, 13 Feb 2012
If you go ahead and buy these, make sure you go for a size larger than what you think will fit your hands. E.g. I would say my hands are medium but I went for the large and they fit perfectly.

I really like these gloves, the rubber reinforced palms means that you get a really good grip on most surfaces. I do a lot of press ups, chin/pull ups and these gloves grip way better than the York leather gloves they are replacing York Leather Gloves

The padding around the finger areas is also good and will be good for light to moderate use, only issue I can see is if you lift really heavy weights and you need to get a tight grip, the padding might work against you!

As you'll see from the photos the gloves are open on the top, but this doesn't mean your hands will sweat less, if I remember correctly, it's your palms that sweat not the top of your hands! Saying that, this design should mean that the gloves dry quicker as it can be opened up virtually flat for drying.

I have been using them for a couple of weeks and so far no signs of any damage.

Overall, I am pleased with my purchase and prefer them to the York leather gloves they are replacing. They are comfortable to wear, provide good protection, look good, and they are pretty cheap!

UPDATE - A month or so after buying these, the rubber padding on the palms has started to come away in small chunks. Still going ok so far but I think the whole padding will come away after a few more months. If you are a heavy user then I wouldn't recommend these at all.

UPDATE 17/09/2012 - Ok these are just falling apart, the rubber padding on the palms are shedding like mad. I can't recommend these at all now, avoid!

Radflek Radiator Reflectors (5 Sheets, Fits 5-10 Radiators)
Radflek Radiator Reflectors (5 Sheets, Fits 5-10 Radiators)

4.0 out of 5 stars Manage your expectations, 29 Jan 2012
I did a little research and read plenty of reviews on here before purchasing this item, I was amazed at how daft some of the reviews were and just how crazy some people's expectations are.

I purchased the 10 radiator pack (5 Sheets) and this was enough to cover 4 decent sized radiators in my flat with one whole Radflek sheet to spare. The key point here is to always buy a larger pack than you think you will need, check the sheet size against the size of your radiators. Unless you have really small radiators, there is no way this 10 radiator pack will cover 10 radiators!

I purchased this item from Radflek themselves, via Amazon of course! Delivery was super fast and the item fits through a standard letter box which was handy.

Lets get a few things straight:

1. It will NOT dramatically reduce your gas/electricity bill.
2. It will NOT magically turn your already cold house into the tropics.
3. It WILL reduce your gas/electricity bill just enough to validate your relatively inexpensive purchase.
4. It WILL help warm your house up quicker.
5. It WILL keep your radiators at temperature for longer, therefore reducing the work your boiler has to do.

Installation:

Some people have said that because the sheets are folded, the folds are hard to get out. Nonsense! Place the sheet on a soft surface and run your finger over the folds, turn the sheet over and repeat, job done! One reviewer here has thought about ironing the sheet to get it flat and another has considered an industrial pressing machine, you cannot be serious!

There are 2 ways you can install the radiator reflectors depending on your preference between cosmetic appearance or maximum radiator coverage. Oh yeah, shiny side of the sheet should face the wall.

If you want the sheets to be hidden from view then you need to use the supplied clips for installation. This method covers the area of your radiator between the hanging brackets, but not either side of the bracket and misses the very top 4 inches or so of your radiator.

Pros:
Discrete installation, sheet is barely visible.
Very straight forward to install .

Cons:
Does not cover the full area of the radiator.

If you want to cover the full area of the radiator then you don't need to use the supplied clips, simply cut the sheet to size and then cut 2 slits up either end of the sheet to match where your radiator brackets are. Then simply slide into place and trim where necessary.

Pros:
Maximum coverage

Cons:
Looks messier if your radiator is in a very visible spot.
Takes longer to install, you'll have to sellotape the sheets together for larger radiators.

Overall, this is a really cost effective way of adding another layer of insulation to your house and becoming more energy efficient. Recommended, just keep your expectations in check!

Check the Radflek website for more info
Comment Comments (14) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 18, 2013 8:38 AM BST

Innoo Tech** LCD Digital Hygrometer Temperature Humidity Meter Clock
Innoo Tech** LCD Digital Hygrometer Temperature Humidity Meter Clock
Offered by EiioX
Price: 7.69

4.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, well not always!, 28 Jan 2012
Excellent temperature and humidity device, I bought two to make sure my new dehumidifier was doing it's job properly.

The screen is large, clear, and easily read from across a standard sized room. It displays the temp, humidity level, time, and date.

The unit can be wall mounted with a single screw (not included) or placed on a desk with the included stand, although this makes the device tilt back a little further than i'd like, not a big issue though.

The screen is not back lit so it is perfect for your bedroom if you prefer total darkness when sleeping.

Instuctions are a bit rubbish but anyone with half a brain will figure it out in a minute so the setup is fairly straight forward.

This is a really cheap device but the surprising thing is that it doesn't look cheap, it doesnt feel really flimsy, and it seems to be pretty accurate.

All in all, I highly recommend this, great value for money!

Original Blackberry Micro USB Cable For Blackberry STORM /JAVELIN / 9500 / 8900
Original Blackberry Micro USB Cable For Blackberry STORM /JAVELIN / 9500 / 8900
Offered by Fast Link
Price: 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a cable!, 17 Jan 2011
Decent quality cable, cable is chunkier than the usual fare, Blackberry branded and 1 meter in length.

Works fine with my HTC Desire HD for in car charging purposes, not tested for data.

Great value at this price, supplied by Hot Dealz via Amazon.

Griffin PowerJolt Dual In-Car Charger Compatible with iPhone 3/3GS/4/4S and iPod (1 Amp x 2 USB) - Black
Offered by MyMemory
Price: 8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent universal USB car charger, 12 Jan 2011
An excellent bit of kit, great quality.

Unlike most car chargers, this unit is so small it fits near flush with the power socket.

This has a number of benefits:

1. I can leave the unit plugged into the socket at all times, even when not in use.
2. I can close the cigarette tray lid with the unit still plugged in under it in my VW Golf mark 6.
3. Unobtrusive and smart looking, no massive charger head sticking out!

The dual USB ports and the small form factor were the main reasons I purchased this, it gives great flexibility should you need to charge 2 devices on the go. I have a TomTom One which I am charging with this (using a USB mini cable, not supplied) and it keeps it fully charged at all times while the device is in use.

I also use it to charge my iPhone 3GS (cable included, about a metre long and good quality), as well as an HTC Desire HD (using a USB micro cable, not included)

One very minor issue, the unit comes out partially from the socket when I unplug a USB cable. Not the end of the world, just push back in when you plug a cable back in.

Overall, very impressed and worth every penny.

HTC CC C300 Dual USB Car Charger with microUSB Cable
HTC CC C300 Dual USB Car Charger with microUSB Cable
Offered by Crazy Bee
Price: 14.90

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for VW Golf mark 6 owners!, 9 Jan 2011
I bought this for my HTC Desire HD, TomTom, and iPhone 3GS which is why I went for the dual usb charger.

My intention was to use this charger in my VW Golf mark 6 to charge my tomtom satnav and iphone while I work (I work in multiple locations so travel alot) and to charge my HTC Desire HD while not at work.

I hit a problem pretty much straight away, the charger head fits into the socket ok but it doesn't fit in perfectly which means the unit can move about, and while it is moving about the charge light goes on and off. So while the unit functions just fine, I think it may just be that it isn't 100% compatible with the socket in my VW Golf mark 6. I have therefore returned this to Amazon.

Other than this, the device has two usb slots which is capable of charging your HTC Desire HD whilst using it as a satnav. Watch out for sub standard chargers that can charge your phone alright, but not whilst using it as a satnav due to low power output. This charger supplies 5V @ 1amps on both usb slots so it is perfect for those of you who wish to use the HTC Desire HD as a satnav.

The micro usb cable that comes with this is for charging only, it cannot be used for data sync. Some people have said that the cable is a little short but it seemed fine to me and I keep my devices on the right side of the windscreen while the socket is near the gear stick.

Overall, the build quality is good but I would not recommend this to anyone who has a VW Golf mark 6. Get this instead, much better! Griffin GC23110 PowerJolt Micro Dual USB Charger for iPhone and iPod
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 31, 2011 9:14 PM GMT

Roughneck 68006 Micro Square Shovel 27-inch Handle
Roughneck 68006 Micro Square Shovel 27-inch Handle
Offered by AP Motor Store
Price: 12.53

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a shovel!, 5 Jan 2011
I bought this for the purpose of clearing snow away from around the car and having something I could store in the car boot. While I haven't used it just yet for clearing snow (It's all gone!), I can say that this shovel is compact enough to store in the boot of your car while not being so small that it becomes one of those micro folding shovels that are pretty much useless in the weather we have had in the UK of late.

This shovel has a great feel of quality to it and I do feel that this will last for a long time, the shovel is of decent weight to use while not being overly weighty.

You can of course use this for more traditional purposes such as gardening, if it's a small job or you are in a confined space then this is ideal but maybe not so for large areas as this is not a full size shovel.

I would definetly recommend this product if you are looking for a compact and durable shovel to keep in your boot for snow relalated emergencies.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars What's it all aboot?, 31 Dec 2010
I purchased this car boot tidy as my new VW Golf did not have a large sectioned off area in the boot for things like oil, ice scrapers, de-icer etc which meant that things kept rolling around the boot and I could hear it whilst driving, very annoying!

This boot tidy does a good job, the fabric appears to be tough and matches the carpet in my car boot. It also has a number of velcro strips to anchor the boot tidy to a specific area of your boot, the main velcro strip that anchors the tidy to the floor is very strong and the other velcro points are also of decent strength.

I would recommend attaching this up against the boot wall to give it stability and use the fold over lid as otherwise heavier items such as wiper fluid can roll out whilst driving since the boot tidy is made of fabric. You can also use this as a bag as it has a fold over lid and handle, could come handy one day.

It's a good size as well, I can easily fit a 2.5 litre bottle of wiper fluid, deicer, first aid kit, warning triangle, high vis jacket, and still have plenty of space for oil, scrapers etc.

One word of caution, don't open the boot tidy too fast while you are close to it as the velco/fabric seems to give of micro fibres that get in your eyes, not nice!

Overall, I highly recommend this item and Passion Auto were really quick in getting this out to me.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 13, 2012 6:04 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2