Profile for Alison > Reviews

Content by Alison

Alison

Mockingjay (part III of The Hunger Games Trilogy)
Mockingjay (part III of The Hunger Games Trilogy)
by Suzanne Collins

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing finale, 7 Jan. 2013
I agree with other comments here - a bit of a let down after the first two books. I really struggled with some of the war scenes set in the Capitol, which at times just DIDN'T MAKE SENSE! And there were a number of plot moments that seemed very rushed and under developed. A real shame.

Cute and Easy Crochet
Cute and Easy Crochet
by Nicki Trench

3.0 out of 5 stars Unclear patterns but some good ideas, 24 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Cute and Easy Crochet (Paperback)
Thete are some nice things in this book, but two problems. Firstly, I don't think it is a book to start crochet with - I don't think the instructions are clear enough. Secondly, as others have mentioned, there are errors. I spent hours trying to understand the flower square pattern for the camellia blanket and then realised the photo and pattern text simply didn't match. I followed the photo and got there in the end, but I don't really want to have to do this.

There is an authors website that contains eratta, but this one wasn't there. (There was also a statement saying that some errors are inevitable, but I don't really see why - surely you try everything out and make sure your instructions are clear? Or am I being naive?!).
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 3, 2014 11:51 PM GMT