Profile for hilreid83 > Reviews

Feast: Food that Celebrates Life
Feast: Food that Celebrates Life
by Nigella Lawson

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful wonderful wonderful, 14 Aug. 2005
I absolutely adore this book and after buying this have bought the rest of the Nigella collection.
Nigella not only gives you recipes, but talks to you and encourages and grows your love of cooking through the pages. This book (and How to Eat) inspire me to cook more than any other of the cookbooks I own, simply due to the writing between recipes and the massive amount of enthusiasm and love she shows for food as well as cooking throughout.
I regularly dip in and out of this to read it and pick up on tips and ideas. And each time I'm done all I want to do is go and knock on everyones door in the street, invite them round and cook a big sociable dinner for us all straight from Feast.
A wonderful celebration of food and cooking that I will cherish for a long long time.

River Cafe Cookbook Easy
River Cafe Cookbook Easy
by Rose Gray

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for easy, quick meals!, 14 Aug. 2005
I've only recently bought this book, but have already cooked a recipe from it. When I flicked through it in a shop a little while ago I thought it would be the ideal cookbook to have for quick reference (like the Delia Smith chocolate, italian, pork etc collections).
Like another reviewer said, this cookbook is full of many ideas that others books already contain. However, if you're in a rush, want a quick easy meal with ingredients already in your cupboard, and you basically know what you fancy, then this book is ideal. I bought it for that reason and think it will live up to its purpose.
For midweek meals when you havent got time to plan or flick through your other cookbooks this is ideal. If you want a challenge, go elsewhere