Profile for chilled out girl > Reviews

Content by chilled out girl

chilled out girl

Page: 1 | 2
The Art of Eating Well
The Art of Eating Well
by Jasmine Hemsley

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, tasty and good for you - what's not to like?, 10 Oct 2014
This review is from: The Art of Eating Well (Hardcover)
I'm not much of a cook but I've become a superfan of this book. I've tried and tested a couple of the recripes and I'm now loving healthy food and can cook it quickly and easily. Paradise bars stop me snacking on rubbish at work and the puttanesca courgetti has converted me from ready meals - it's super quick, super easy, delicious and I feel great afterwards. I'm even losing weight. Can't recommend it enough.

Winter Wonderland
Winter Wonderland
by Belinda Jones

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 15 Dec 2012
This review is from: Winter Wonderland (Paperback)
usually I love her books but I couldn't really get into this one. It had all the right ingredients but it didn't quite work.

The $100 Startup: Fire Your Boss, Do What You Love and Work Better to Live More
The $100 Startup: Fire Your Boss, Do What You Love and Work Better to Live More
by Chris Guillebeau

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical and inspiring - a winner, 27 May 2012
If you're even vaguely thinking about starting a business read this book! It's packed full of super practical advice on doing something you love and also making money - a combination that most business books fail to cover effectively. Great simple advice on identifying the business opportunity, pricing and communicating your offer. Cris has a lovely conversational writing style, honed from all the blogging I suspect, which makes it an enjoyable read. Can't recommend it highly enough and I wish I'd read this book before starting my first business.

Christmas at Tiffany's
Christmas at Tiffany's

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 26 Jan 2012
Funny, emotional and honest. Well written with a very likeable main character and some engaging other characters as well. Great plot and pacing. Loved it and am now reading her other books. It's not about Xmas but about friendship, recovering from heartbreak and rediscovering who you are.

Happily Ever After
Happily Ever After

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointing, 26 Jan 2012
I'm a big fan of Harriet Evans - have read all her books and loved them. This one falls flat though. The main character Elle lacks warmth and seems very naive - she's quite hard to like and so in fact are most of the characters. There is a distinct lack of humour but you don't care enough about the heroine to get emotionally involved either. Plot-wise I kept waiting for it to get interesting but it didn't - probably because I wasn't enjoying being on the journey with Elle. I hope the next novel is back to Harriet's usual engaging warm characters.

The Single Trap: The Two-step Guide to Escaping it and Finding Lasting Love
The Single Trap: The Two-step Guide to Escaping it and Finding Lasting Love
by Andrew G. Marshall

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sound advice on what's holding you back, 31 Oct 2009
Written by someone with years of experience counselling couples this book helps you work out why you're single, recognise the patterns that you keep repeating and provides useful exercises to help you change your approach to dating. I found it really insightful and useful and it has certainly helped me be aware of what I was doing that was keeping me trapped. I also recommend Single and Fabulous: Feel Fabulous When You're Single (Space To Be - Love Range) to help you feel good about yourself when you're single.

I'd Rather be Single Than Settle: Satisfied Solitude and How to Achieve it
I'd Rather be Single Than Settle: Satisfied Solitude and How to Achieve it
by Emily Dubberley

5.0 out of 5 stars At last - a book that makes me feel normal, 31 Oct 2009
I was delighted to find a book for women like me - who have got options but CHOOSE to be single for a while. If only all my married friends would read this book too and stop pitying my single status. If you're single and struggling with it I totally recommend this book to cheer you up and help you feel more positive. I also recommend Single and Fabulous: Feel Fabulous When You're Single (Space To Be - Love Range) as a relaxing CD that makes you feel great about being single on those dfays when you wish you had someone special to come home to.

Living Alone and Loving It
Living Alone and Loving It
by Barbara Feldon

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written and very positive, 31 Oct 2009
I really enjoyed this book and found it full of stories and insights that reminded me how empowering it is to live alone. If you liked this you might also like Single and Fabulous: Feel Fabulous When You're Single (Space To Be - Love Range) and Single and Loving It: How to Be Happy and Whole When There Is No Other Half

Single and Loving It: How to be happy and whole when there is no other half
Single and Loving It: How to be happy and whole when there is no other half
by Wendy Bristow

5.0 out of 5 stars This book kept me sane, 31 Oct 2009
I love this book. It helped me realise that the stages of being single I was going through were completely normal. I've bought it for all my friends that have broken up with someone and they all felt much better. Being single can be great - and this book helps you realise and really feel that. I also love Single and Fabulous: Feel Fabulous When You're Single (Space To Be - Love Range) which I listen to alongside this book and helps me remember how fabulous I am - with or without a man!

by Georgia Foster
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great idea, 31 Oct 2009
After listening to this CD I feel so much more relaxed about being single. I've started to trust my own judgement a lot more and can tell when I meet someone if they are someone positive and good for me. Dating used to make me really nervous but now I feel super-confident on dates - I know I'm going to have a good time and I relax and enjoy myself a lot more.

Listen to the CD a few times a week, at bedtime as it sends me off to sleep completely relaxed. I've been recommending I to all my single girlfriends. If you're newly single or getting over a break up I guarantee you this CD will make you feel better.

Page: 1 | 2