Profile for PD > Reviews

Love at First Stitch: Demystifying Dressmaking
Love at First Stitch: Demystifying Dressmaking
by Tilly Walnes
Price: 13.60

5.0 out of 5 stars It's easy to follow and I like the way it set ..., 17 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm an amateur machinist and I was worried that this book be a bit too advanced for me, but actually it's perfectly pitched. The garments that you can produce are lovely and just the kind of thing that I would wear. My daughters are also starting to get interested in sewing and I think the book will inspire them to make something more than a bag and pillowcase!

It's easy to follow and I like the way it set out and written. A lovely book!

Carte Noire Espresso No 9 Intense 10 Coffee Capsules 53 g (Pack of 8)
Carte Noire Espresso No 9 Intense 10 Coffee Capsules 53 g (Pack of 8)
Price: 19.34

4.0 out of 5 stars Taste has grown on me..., 17 July 2014
REVIEW UPDATE AUGUST 2014:
Initially I wasn't too keen on these pods (see review below) however I used the pods to make a coffee for my husband and brother and they quite liked the taste. I thought I'd try them again and actually I do quite like the taste. Still not as smooth as a Nespresso Roma capsule with a slight aftertaste, but I would buy these in the future. I've just seen them in my local supermarket and the fact that I can just pick them up with my regular shopping without the hassle of online ordering, delivery charge and being in for the delivery makes them worthwhile.

INITIAL REVIEW:
This is the second non-nespresso capsules that I have tried. I was hoping that they would taste just as good as my nespresso pods, as then I could save money. I usually order the more intense coffees from nespresso, such as Roma or Indyra, so I assumed these would taste similar to those.

Each capsule is individually wrapped in a packet which I didn't like, as I'm rushing in the morning and would prefer just a pod and I'm also not keen on excess packaging for no reason. The machine lever needs to be cranked down a bit harder with these pods but this was also the case with my other non-nespresso capsules, so I knew that this extra pressure/noise was normal.

The coffee is not as tasty as Nespresso capsules and therefore I wouldn't choose to buy these pods in the future. The coffee aftertaste reminded me a bit of a tobacco taste. Even when I used the pod to make a mocha, the chocolate didn't disguise the taste. The Nespresso pods might be more expensive but they definitely give a smoother flavour.

Belkin Mini Display Port to HDMI Adapter
Belkin Mini Display Port to HDMI Adapter
Price: 26.53

4.0 out of 5 stars Did exactly what is was supposed to, 19 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I used it to connect my MacBook Pro to my Sony TV so I could watch the Amazon Prime movies on my TV. Worked as expected, I had to look up a couple of things about viewing stuff on the TV screen but that was nothing to do with the adapter (putting the adapter in was the easiest part!)
I'm sure you can buy cheaper alternatives but this is sturdy, although it could have been a bit longer (hence one star being knocked off).

Trunki SnooziHedz Travel Pillow and Blanket - Betsy (Pink)
Trunki SnooziHedz Travel Pillow and Blanket - Betsy (Pink)
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves it, 19 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this for my youngest daughter to use on long car journeys. I liked the fact that the pillow was blow up as normally her heads lols about when she's asleep. My daughter absolutely loves it and tries to use it in bed too! She has taken it to school for show and tell!
It's a quality product, the blow up pillow has a soft cover and the blanket is nice too. I would recommend.

Galt Toys Folding Trampoline
Galt Toys Folding Trampoline
Offered by Buy-For-Less-Online
Price: 44.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality trampoline for young children, 19 Jun 2014
This review is from: Galt Toys Folding Trampoline (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As expected of a Galt product, this is of a good quality. It has to be self assembled with lots of stretching required (got my husband to do that bit!)
It has a handle for the child to hold whilst jumping. It can be used inside or outside so good for winter use as we don't use our garden at all in winter. It can be folded up and put away but you have to remove the handle first. I can't see us doing that, but good to know if you have limited space or don't want toys cluttering up a room.
This is great for children who are aged three or four.

Bibetta Neoprene Children's Lunch Bag (Turqoise Bird)
Bibetta Neoprene Children's Lunch Bag (Turqoise Bird)
Price: 14.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay because its machine washable, 19 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I like the fact that this lunch bag can be machine-washed...day two of using it and my child's drink leaked causing it to have a purple stain inside and out (it has no inside waterproof interior!). I washed it at 30 degrees in the washing machine as was stated on the label and it came out clean, and the colour hadn't faded.

It's quite large but there are two things that I didn't like about it:
1)it has no base, or firm sides so everything rolls about inside it.
2)no waterproof interior so if anything leaks it means you can't just wipe or rinse the inside like a normal lunch box.

KS3 Spanish Interactive Vocab Tester - DVD-ROM and Vocab Book
KS3 Spanish Interactive Vocab Tester - DVD-ROM and Vocab Book
Price: 8.79

3.0 out of 5 stars An extra to lessons, 15 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this DVD-ROM and book for my twelve year old daughter as she is about to start Spanish lessons at school. I am not expecting her to use this regularly, the initial excitement of new books usually wears off pretty quick! However it's good for a starter to learn the accent and simple vocabulary. I'm not expecting my daughter to use it very often once her lessons get going and she begins to use grammar etc..

Practise & Learn: French (Ages 9-11) - with vocab CD-ROM
Practise & Learn: French (Ages 9-11) - with vocab CD-ROM
Price: 4.71

5.0 out of 5 stars A really lovely book!, 15 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I don't normally gush over my children's workbooks, but this book is superb. It is set out in a very appealing way with lovely bright colours. The CD-ROM is an added bonus, and my daughter was keen to start this book. I would highly recommend this book, and I might even purchase the age 5-7yrs version for my younger daughter.

KS2 Maths SAT Buster - Shape, Measures and Data
KS2 Maths SAT Buster - Shape, Measures and Data
Price: 3.94

4.0 out of 5 stars A helpful workbook, 15 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I think this is a good workbook for children in Year Five and Six, and maybe even for bright children in Year Four. It has SATs style question so that children can get used to the types of questions they will be tested on at the end of Year Six.
There is also a self-review bit for the child themselves at the bottom of each page.

This book will help my daughter and me work out where she might need a bit of extra support. The book is well laid out but be warned there is no answer section!

KS2 English: Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling Study Book
KS2 English: Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling Study Book
Price: 4.71

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay as a quick revision guide...not a great teaching book, 15 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am a Primary teacher and I got this book for my daughter who is in Year Five (aged ten). It has a lot crammed into as it claims to have 'everything children need to prepare for the Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling part of the new Key Stage Two SATS'. Yes, it might cover every area but there's a lot on each page in the form of concepts, pictures and explanations. Maybe too much! It could have done with the pages being set out in a simpler and clearer way. Looking at all the words on a page might throw some children off or scare them before they start.

There are test style questions at the end of each section that only have about five or six questions. My daughter found these quite easy. I think it would be better to buy the matching skills set of books called 'SAT Busters' in Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling. This book is okay as a quick guide but it won't help you teach your child everything they need to know.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20