Profile for P. Dhinsa > Reviews

Content by P. Dhinsa

P. Dhinsa (London, England)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Carmex Original Tube and Pot - (Pack of 2)
Carmex Original Tube and Pot - (Pack of 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 27 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been using Carmex for over twenty years. It really does make your lips nice and soft. This is the original Carmex, I actually prefer the cherry variety but both work equally well. Carmex always makes your lips tingle a little when you first apply it, but this tingling only lasts a few seconds.

In this double pack you get a tube and pot. I find the tube, or stick (which is not in this pack) is much easier for me to use as I have long fingernails, and find it tricky getting the balm out of the pot without getting it stuck under my nails.

This pack though, is not actually giving you much value. as you can purchase these separately for a cheaper price at your local Boots, but if you want this product delivered to your door, then with the current free delivery offered with this product you may not mind the price difference of just under a pound.

King of Flash iPhone 6 Black 4.7" 2014 Premium Quality Sports Armband for Jogging, Running, Gym, Cycling with Key Pocket - Universal Size
Offered by KING OF FLASH

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value product, 27 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a good product for a very decent price. It works well and fits both my arm and my husbands arm. There is a space for a key to fit snugly but as this tiny pocket doesn't have a closure, I am a bit nervous of actually putting my house key in there! The reason that I have given it four stars, is for me personally, to rate a product with five stars I would have to be really impressed with it. It just looks a bit to cheap and plasticky and I found it tricky to use my phone through the thick plastic. It is a good basic product though, and I only use it to listen to music whilst running so it suits me fine.

Sealy Posturepedic Pocket Spring Back Pillow - Soft
Sealy Posturepedic Pocket Spring Back Pillow - Soft

4.0 out of 5 stars Not for me but my husband loves it, 23 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Initially I was going to have this pillow as I suffer from lots of migraines and thought that this pillow might give me a better sleeping position with less neck strain. I also hoped that I would get a really good night of sleep. However it was just a little bit too high for my neck and I didn't like the way my head went into the pillow if I turned sideways, I felt slightly claustrophobic as my face felt surrounded by it. So I gave it to my husband who absolutely loves it. He sleeps on his back and says it is really comfortable for him.

I've deducted a star because I really didn't like it for myself and also it was a real squeeze to get it into my oxford pillowcase. It looked squashed in and I think it should be a better fit for the pillowcase.

Jacob Jensen Designer One Slot Toaster II, Aluminium
Jacob Jensen Designer One Slot Toaster II, Aluminium
Offered by webmiles

4.0 out of 5 stars Produces evenly browned toast, 23 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very sleek looking toaster that I am really impressed with. It's roughly the same price as my Dualit toaster, but it toasts the bread much better than the Dualit one. The bread is evenly toasted all over and even quite large slices of toast fit in, and don't need to be turned halfway through toasting.

It has lights that countdown to your toast popping up and you can adjust these to suit your requirement of browning. I think it would be much better if these light were on the front of the toaster rather than the side though. Have to keep peering round to see how much time is left! Although it states that it an aluminium finish, it does look slightly plasticky. My daughter came home and said why have you got a printer in the kitchen? For these reasons I have knocked off a star.

I do like the toaster though and am considering buying the kettle to match.

Vans Z Winston, Girls' Hi-Top Sneakers, Purple (Wild A), 1 UK
Vans Z Winston, Girls' Hi-Top Sneakers, Purple (Wild A), 1 UK
Offered by KCMODE

5.0 out of 5 stars Great colour and fit, 20 Jun. 2015
This is the sixth pair of Vans that I have purchased over the last year. I have two pairs and I've bought a couple of pairs for my daughters. I have found that converse trainers can be too tight, especially for my younger daughter who has a wider foot. Vans are a much better fit and are super comfortable. This purple pair are lovely, a really bright pinky purple that is the same shade as you see in the picture.

NAILS Nail Polish, White Horse Street The New White
NAILS Nail Polish, White Horse Street The New White

4.0 out of 5 stars Lasts well, 20 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This nail varnish is a gel effect, so looks like gel when applied. I have the same latte shade in a gel effect varnish in another brand which costs me a third of this price.

This looks pretty similar to the cheaper brand when applied. They both look very shiny and smooth. This Nails Inc varnish is slightly easier to apply as it has a flat brush which helps spread it more evenly. The big difference was in terms of chipping. This nail varnish does not really chip or peel and I've had mine on for over a week. It does start to slightly come away from the tip of the nail after day two or three though, so it isn't perfect.

It's a good hardy varnish, however you can buy the same type and colour in other brands, but bear in mind that they won't last that long on your nails. This is a good choice for people who don't have the time to paint their nails every few days.

NAILS INC Nail Polish, Colville Mews
NAILS INC Nail Polish, Colville Mews

4.0 out of 5 stars Less chipping with this brand, 20 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

11+ English Practice Book with Assessment Tests (Ages 7-8)
11+ English Practice Book with Assessment Tests (Ages 7-8)
by CGP Books

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good book, 20 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this book for my daughter to just practise her English skills. It seems to be the appropriate level and she has been able to complete the pages independently with just a little support. It has exercise pages on verbs, nouns, punctuation, non fiction and creative writing in the first half of the book. The second half of the book is assessment tests. The answer booklet is at the back of the book and can't be opened until you pull it out of the book - which means your child couldn't cheat!

Russell Hobbs 21200 Aura Hand and Stand Mixer - White
Russell Hobbs 21200 Aura Hand and Stand Mixer - White

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, 17 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was excited to try this mixer but unfortunately the whisk part was broken where it was supposed to be welded together. I emailed Russell and Hobbs about this, and was sent an email stating 'that due to the current high level of emails, we aim to respond to all enquiries within 5 working days'.

Ten days later and I have not heard from them! I did use the dough kneading parts and found that it took longer than if I'd have done it by hand. Also I had to keep manually spinning the bowl, which was hard work. I would rather just do it by hand. I have a Kenwood mixer which is similar in style and costs about ten pounds more than this. It is a much better mixer in quality.

Taylors of Harrogate Espresso Coffee Capsules Nespresso Compatible Colombian Huila (Pack of 6, Total 60 Capsules)

4.0 out of 5 stars Smooth sweet flavour, 12 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
So this is the third variety of Taylor's coffee capsules that I have tried with my Nespresso machine. This is a strength 9 and has quite a sweet smooth flavour. It's nice, but I prefer a richer, stronger flavour and even the 10 capsule isn't comparable to the strong official Nespresso pods.

If I wasn't ordering Nespresso pods and was buying an alternative brand from the supermarket (which I often do) these capsules wouldn't be my first choice, I'd rather purchase the Dualit ones as they give a richer flavour.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20