Profile for Pam Dhinsa > Reviews

Content by Pam Dhinsa

Pam Dhinsa "Book Girl" (London, England)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
Belkin Mini Display Port to HDMI Adapter
Belkin Mini Display Port to HDMI Adapter
Price: 16.86

4.0 out of 5 stars Did exactly what is was supposed to, 19 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I used it to connect my MacBook Pro to my Sony TV so I could watch the Amazon Prime movies on my TV. Worked as expected, I had to look up a couple of things about viewing stuff on the TV screen but that was nothing to do with the adapter (putting the adapter in was the easiest part!)
I'm sure you can buy cheaper alternatives but this is sturdy, although it could have been a bit longer (hence one star being knocked off).

Trunki SnooziHedz Travel Pillow and Blanket - Betsy (Pink)
Trunki SnooziHedz Travel Pillow and Blanket - Betsy (Pink)
Price: 15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves it, 19 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this for my youngest daughter to use on long car journeys. I liked the fact that the pillow was blow up as normally her heads lols about when she's asleep. My daughter absolutely loves it and tries to use it in bed too! She has taken it to school for show and tell!
It's a quality product, the blow up pillow has a soft cover and the blanket is nice too. I would recommend.

Galt Toys Folding Trampoline
Galt Toys Folding Trampoline
Price: 39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality trampoline for young children, 19 Jun 2014
This review is from: Galt Toys Folding Trampoline (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As expected of a Galt product, this is of a good quality. It has to be self assembled with lots of stretching required (got my husband to do that bit!)
It has a handle for the child to hold whilst jumping. It can be used inside or outside so good for winter use as we don't use our garden at all in winter. It can be folded up and put away but you have to remove the handle first. I can't see us doing that, but good to know if you have limited space or don't want toys cluttering up a room.
This is great for children who are aged three or four.

Bibetta Neoprene Children's Lunch Bag (Turqoise Bird)
Bibetta Neoprene Children's Lunch Bag (Turqoise Bird)
Price: 14.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay because its machine washable, 19 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I like the fact that this lunch bag can be machine-washed...day two of using it and my child's drink leaked causing it to have a purple stain inside and out (it has no inside waterproof interior!). I washed it at 30 degrees in the washing machine as was stated on the label and it came out clean, and the colour hadn't faded.

It's quite large but there are two things that I didn't like about it:
1)it has no base, or firm sides so everything rolls about inside it.
2)no waterproof interior so if anything leaks it means you can't just wipe or rinse the inside like a normal lunch box.

KS3 Spanish Interactive Vocab Tester - DVD-ROM and Vocab Book
KS3 Spanish Interactive Vocab Tester - DVD-ROM and Vocab Book
Price: 10.66

3.0 out of 5 stars An extra to lessons, 15 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this DVD-ROM and book for my twelve year old daughter as she is about to start Spanish lessons at school. I am not expecting her to use this regularly, the initial excitement of new books usually wears off pretty quick! However it's good for a starter to learn the accent and simple vocabulary. I'm not expecting my daughter to use it very often once her lessons get going and she begins to use grammar etc..

Practise & Learn: French (Ages 9-11) - with vocab CD-ROM
Practise & Learn: French (Ages 9-11) - with vocab CD-ROM
Price: 4.75

5.0 out of 5 stars A really lovely book!, 15 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I don't normally gush over my children's workbooks, but this book is superb. It is set out in a very appealing way with lovely bright colours. The CD-ROM is an added bonus, and my daughter was keen to start this book. I would highly recommend this book, and I might even purchase the age 5-7yrs version for my younger daughter.

KS2 Maths SAT Buster - Shape, Measures and Data
KS2 Maths SAT Buster - Shape, Measures and Data
Price: 3.95

4.0 out of 5 stars A helpful workbook, 15 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I think this is a good workbook for children in Year Five and Six, and maybe even for bright children in Year Four. It has SATs style question so that children can get used to the types of questions they will be tested on at the end of Year Six.
There is also a self-review bit for the child themselves at the bottom of each page.

This book will help my daughter and me work out where she might need a bit of extra support. The book is well laid out but be warned there is no answer section!

KS2 English: Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling Study Book
KS2 English: Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling Study Book
Price: 4.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay as a quick revision guide...not a great teaching book, 15 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am a Primary teacher and I got this book for my daughter who is in Year Five (aged ten). It has a lot crammed into as it claims to have 'everything children need to prepare for the Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling part of the new Key Stage Two SATS'. Yes, it might cover every area but there's a lot on each page in the form of concepts, pictures and explanations. Maybe too much! It could have done with the pages being set out in a simpler and clearer way. Looking at all the words on a page might throw some children off or scare them before they start.

There are test style questions at the end of each section that only have about five or six questions. My daughter found these quite easy. I think it would be better to buy the matching skills set of books called 'SAT Busters' in Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling. This book is okay as a quick guide but it won't help you teach your child everything they need to know.

KS2 Maths SAT Buster - Mental Maths (with audio tests)
KS2 Maths SAT Buster - Mental Maths (with audio tests)
Price: 3.84

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for practice with Year five or Year six children, 15 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have got this book for my daughter who is in Year five. This is at the perfect level for her, she finds a few questions challenging but can do most of them (and therefore doesn't feel like a failure). It allows me to see where she has gaps in her knowledge and might need some extra support.

The tests can be done page by page or by section e.g. addition or subtraction. My daughter did two pages and it didn't take too long. Some of the test pages say 'give yourself five seconds to answer each question' and others say ten, fifteen or twenty seconds.

My only gripe with the book is that it doesn't say on or within the book who the book is actually aimed at. 'KS2' covers a wide age and ability range from 7 year olds to nearly twelve year olds! This book title should state 'UPPER ks2'

Marble Racer Galt
Marble Racer Galt
Price: 11.02

5.0 out of 5 stars My children enjoyed this!, 15 May 2014
This review is from: Marble Racer Galt (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is our second marble run. We had one when my three children were all under five and they played with it a lot. However my husband decided that they he would give it away to charity in a clear up and so we haven't had one in years.

My children are now aged six ten and twelve. When I got this I expected my youngest to be the only one to play with it. I was wrong!

All three played with it every day for a week! They enjoyed working together to make it more complex and they liked the racing element too. The quality is good, as you would expect from a Galt product. You connect the different pieces in whichever way you desire to make the marbles drop down or slide down ramps. The fun of this toy is that you can play it by yourself as well making it in different ways.

This toy is good for children of all ages (as I have found out!)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19