Profile for Mr. J. T. Dunn > Reviews

Content by Mr. J. T. Dunn

Mr. J. T. Dunn "J Dizzler" (Swansea)

The Younger Gods: Bk. 4 (Dreamers 4)
The Younger Gods: Bk. 4 (Dreamers 4)
by David Eddings

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm sorry Eddings fans......, 2 Aug. 2006
If I were 12years old again I might just have enjoyed this.

I thought it was simple reading, and filled with such repetition. Yet somehow the details that were meant to link the story together never sank in.

The characters seem to get worse the further through the series you go as well! Rather than developing the characters they all seem to meld into one character you couldnt give a damn about.

And definatly don't get me started on the ending. I read all four books hoping for some kind of redeming feature somewhere, anywhere. Suffice to say it never comes and the ending leaves you banging your head on a wall wondering why you just spent the time to ready these books.

However I stick to me original comment that they would have been a good read 10 years ago, and I possibly wouldnt be so harsh if I hadnt read the other Eddings stuff which is so much better.

Animalympics [VHS]
Animalympics [VHS]
VHS

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 9 July 2005
This review is from: Animalympics [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I love this film, as does my brother. Recorded it off the TV when we were kids and we wore the film out. Got my hands on a copy 6 months ago, and oh my, its as good as we remember! Would reccommend to anyone, its not just for kids. The humour is just so clever!