Profile for Kindle addict > Reviews

Talk to Me (Choc Lit)
Talk to Me (Choc Lit)
Price: 2.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Rom com with a twist, 20 Jun 2014
On a shallow level, the gorgeous cover alone was enough to attract me to this book even though I downloaded the Kindle edition. It screams rom com and yes, there are some very funny scenes in Talk To Me - the speed dating session had me laughing out loud - and some cracking one liners. The story follows the lives of two women, flat mates and workmates Olivia and Emily and Daniel who has carried a torch for Olivia for years but is 'dating' Emily. Without giving spoiler, I loved the way one character gradually unravels in the novel and shows their true colours and others who need to wake up, smell the coffee and drink it down fast! Then at the end, the story takes a dramatic and unexpected twist so that I really wasn't sure how it was going to end. I also enjoyed the sub plot involving Olivia's sister which added extra grit to a fun and very romantic novel.

Soldiers' Wives
Soldiers' Wives
Price: 0.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping and entertaining, 17 Jun 2014
This review is from: Soldiers' Wives (Kindle Edition)
I am so glad I downloaded Soldiers Wives, as it was a page turning read that entertained and gripped me from start to finish. Described as a soap opera, it did remind me a little of Soldier, Soldier. Fiona Field has been in the Army and has family in the military and that knowledge and insight shone through throughout the book. The story is based on three women, Jenna, army medic Chrissie and new mum and Oxford grad, Maddy all struggling to adjust to new lives in the military world. I was fascinated by the etiquette of being a military wife, both overt and unspoken, rooting for some of the characters while wanting others to get their just desserts. However, the best part of the book for me were the action scenes in Afghanistan. There's one description of a flight into Bastion that will live with me forever. I heard there is going to be a sequel and i can't wait.

Strike Back Shadow Warfare [DVD]
Strike Back Shadow Warfare [DVD]
Dvd ~ Philip Winchester
Price: 9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars High octane escapist brilliance, 25 April 2014
Once again, another completely addictive Strike Back series. I love the interplay between Scott and Stonebridge as they cut a swathe through a succession of ever more nasty global villains. It's OTT, implausible and completely brilliant - as good as any mega budget action movie. Violent, sexy, funny at times - even occasionally, moving. Great fun.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 12, 2014 7:22 PM BST

I Am Soldier [DVD] [2014]
I Am Soldier [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Ronnie Thompson
Price: 5.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I was expecting, 25 April 2014
This review is from: I Am Soldier [DVD] [2014] (DVD)
I must admit that I expected something of a mix of Who Dares Wins and Strikeback from this movie and got neither. It's a much more downbeat tale of a young aspiring SAS soldier and I guess it tries to portray a 'realistic' documentary style portrait of the selection process. How accurate that is, I don't know. It's definitely not high octane and the story ends very abruptly, yet for all that, I do find myself thinking about it and wanting to watch it again so four stars.

Save the Date
Save the Date
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Summer of love, 25 April 2014
This review is from: Save the Date (Kindle Edition)
Save the Date is the second Allie Spencer book I've read. It's a gorgeous summery read with sharp, funny writing and engaging characters. The story is set, not surprsingly, around a family wedding which offers a great source of fun. It focuses on Ailsa, who I warmed to immediately - also Jess, who turns out to be not what you think from first impressions and there's a brilliant dog character too. One for fans of Katie Fforde, Christina Jones. Paige Toon and Jill Mansell.

Lecture Notes
Lecture Notes
Price: 1.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Naughty naughty, 25 April 2014
This review is from: Lecture Notes (Kindle Edition)
I just love Justine Elyot's work and lecture Notes is no different. I coulnd't resist this novel when I saw it had a professor-student theme and it didn't disappoint.

Made in Nashville: HarperImpulse Contemporary Romance
Made in Nashville: HarperImpulse Contemporary Romance
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nashville romance, 25 April 2014
This book transported me to a world I knew nothing of: the Nashville music scene - and you could almost seen, hear and smell the place, so I loved the descriptions and scene setting. The story follows two feisty people, Honour who was once a country singer until disaster struck. She's trying to build her life again and then Jared, a current country star, explodes into her life. A gritty romantic journey, full of twists and turns, ensues and keeps you gripped.

Strike Back: Vengeance - Series 3 [DVD]
Strike Back: Vengeance - Series 3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Philip Winchester
Price: 10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Ultimate Guilty Pleasure, 24 Jan 2014
Strike Back is my guilty pleasure, Ok, *not* guilty at all. Series 3 is just as gripping, explosive, gritty, sexy as ever but even more compelling than series 2, with the story lines involving Stonebridge avenging a tragedy and Scott chasing down demons from the past. My only problem is trying to save an episode for every night when there's nothing on TV (which is almost always) rather than wolfing down the whole box set in one go. Have already ordered Series 4.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 27, 2014 8:18 PM GMT

Bluestone 42 [DVD]
Bluestone 42 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kelly Adams
Price: 7.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Unexpectedly hilarious, 24 Nov 2013
This review is from: Bluestone 42 [DVD] (DVD)
On the face of it, the 'situation' seems about as far from funny as you could get - but I've now watched most of the episodes in this brilliant series at least 3 times and every time, it just gets better. Irreverent, rude yet at times, poignant. Glad to hear it has been recomissioned by the BBC. Off we ****...

Strip the Willow - an erotic short spanking story
Strip the Willow - an erotic short spanking story
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Naughty..., 21 Nov 2013
I can't get enough of Justine's naughty erotica - I just love the humour and very British nature of her BDSM stories and even though Strip the Willow was short, it engaged me throughout. I agree with another reviewer that the scene with the elders was a bit meh - could have done without that - but otherwise, pure escapist, kinky, sexy fun if you like that sort of thing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7