Profile for Anthony > Reviews

Content by Anthony

Anthony

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great photo album, 5 out of 5 stars and space (with lines) to write comments next to each photo, 20 Feb. 2012
Length:: 1:23 Mins

I made this video to show potential customers of the 'memo' section next to each photo.

I was looking for a 7x5 inch photo album with space to write next to each photo and this is perfect.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 10, 2014 10:35 AM BST

RHA MA350 Aluminium Noise Isolating In-Ear Earphones - 3 year warranty
RHA MA350 Aluminium Noise Isolating In-Ear Earphones - 3 year warranty
Offered by R H A

2.0 out of 5 stars Honest review - Bedroom producer. Great sound but broke within a week., 15 Feb. 2012
I was a little scared of purchasing from a company that isn't widely known and had looked at other Sony ones. I was extremely drawn in by the hugely positive feedback and countless 5 star reviews for these headphones. I am no expert on sound and lack the technical knowledge to tell you each tiny detail but let me tell you, these headphones are pretty impressive in sound.

The range of sound from the low end to the high end is pretty decent but the best aspect in my eyes (or ears) is listening to vocals. They pick up reverb and echo really well and sometimes I notice subtle sounds and effects which I didn't even know existed on the track.

Just on touching them, the headphones seem to feel of a high quality, not too plasticy like other headphones I have tried. The cable for starters feels like a strong piece of string which I believe is to prevent it tangling up and it is a nice touch and does do a better job than other standard headphone cables.

As for the fit, unfortunately after having experimented with the 3 different ear bud sizes provided, I just couldn't find the right fit...! Even standing still, lying down etc I just can't get them to stay in! It would be unfair to criticise this though, perhaps I just have strange ears.

A slight improvement I could think of would be changing the colour of the L and the R written on the buds to distinguish which one goes in each ear. The letters are very thin and written in black writing making it hard to see unless checking up close each time in the light. I have to turn on the light in the dark to check this.

To make things worse, unfortunately the right ear bud stopped working just over a week after they arrived. It has to be placed in a certain position to get any sound through. Shame as the sound was great.

My final point regarding RHA itself is that I was also drawn in because of their comments on the 2 or 3 unhappy reviews demonstrating their excellent customer service. For example, the buds come with a 1 year warranty for starters and I believe they are more than happy to replace faulty goods. I have just emailed RHA to ask for a refund instead of a replacement and will let you know how things go.

So, only two stars for these ear buds. I wish I could give them more because the sound is great on them but I feel too let down by the quality of the product.

Lonely Planet Quechua Phrasebook (Lonely Planet Phrasebook)
Lonely Planet Quechua Phrasebook (Lonely Planet Phrasebook)
by Lonely Planet

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is great!, 9 Jan. 2012
I was in Peru and heading to Cusco with my girlfriend who is Peruvian herself. I speak Spanish pretty well and can hold conversations but being able to go further and say something in Quechua to the locals is far more powerful. Imagine the look on their faces when a gringo knows how to say hello or thank them in their native language. Quechua is a difficult language and in many cases, when I read things out the pronunciation was way off - there are little phonetic guides next to the words which can help you a little - but in many cases I ended up showing locals what I wanted to say or even saying it in Quechua first then Spanish then Quechua again so they knew what I was trying to say! Even if it was wrong, they still got the message.

All in all, this book is fantastic. It has tons of vocab for all situations and even a load of grammar if you're serious about it. It's only a few quid and you will kick yourself for not buying this before you get there.

Contemporary Strategy Analysis: Text & Cases
Contemporary Strategy Analysis: Text & Cases
by Robert M. Grant

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 9 Jan. 2012
Needed this book for Strategic Analysis module at Exeter. Very good book, provides all the basic concepts of strategy in an easy-to-read format and clear layout. In each chapter, the author backs up points with real life examples ranging from Honda's production lines to Sega's differentiation strategy etc - this is very useful because many university exam questions require you to link the theory to practical business and to provide examples.

Another thing is there is a little leaflet inside the fist page with the book's website address, where you can access Chapter summary videos which are pretty helpful.

If I am going to be REALLY picky, the only (minor) negative point I can think of is that sometimes the spellings are incorrect (occasionally 's' missing of the end of words etc) but it is still worthy of 5 stars.

Billy Bass the singing fish is back!
Billy Bass the singing fish is back!
Offered by Gadget Grotto

3.0 out of 5 stars Silly Bass!, 25 Dec. 2010
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this present for my brother for Christmas because every time I buy him something at Xmas, he always shakes the gift and says "Oh what is this, is it something like the billy bass?" to take the mickey. So imagine his surprise when I gave him the billy bass! It was funny for about 5 minutes then it annoyed the hell out of us. This gift isn't funny or entertaining, I only got it for the novelty so don't buy it for a teenager, only old, weird people will like this.