Profile for Random Reader > Reviews

The Third Wife
The Third Wife
by Lisa Jewell

3.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre, 20 July 2016
This review is from: The Third Wife (Paperback)
Started off well, dragged a little half way through and the ending was a bit flat.

This is the first Lisa Jewell I have read but I am going to try a few more as many reviews suggest that her other titles are much better.

The Island
The Island
by Victoria Hislop

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book, 4 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Island (Paperback)
A very well written book. I loved the characters, the setting and the story. - I enjoyed it so much that I bought three further copies for friends.

A Street Cat Named Bob: How one man and his cat found hope on the streets
A Street Cat Named Bob: How one man and his cat found hope on the streets
by James Bowen

1.0 out of 5 stars James is wet, 4 Jun. 2014
I can't understand how this book has such good reviews....it is awful! James is over emotional and wet - I feel bad for saying it but James really got on my nerves.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 7, 2014 9:17 PM BST

District29 Girl's Sara Satchel Gold SS01079
District29 Girl's Sara Satchel Gold SS01079

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag, good size and good quality., 2 Aug. 2013
I bought this bag for £12 with free delivery for my daughter to use for school. I didn't think it was going to be very nice as it was SO cheap it has come back and I love it. I immediately went back online to see if I could order another for myself but the price had gone up to £29.99. :-( I must have got lucky the first time!

Jack and the Beanstalk [DVD]
Jack and the Beanstalk [DVD]
Dvd ~ Colin Ford
Offered by musicMagpie

5.0 out of 5 stars great film!, 30 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Jack and the Beanstalk [DVD] (DVD)
My son who is 3 has watched this over and over he absolutely loves it. My daughter who is 7 also enjoyed it.

The True Story of Hansel and Gretel
The True Story of Hansel and Gretel
by Louise Murphy

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book!, 25 Jun. 2012
I bought this book as Hansel & Gretel was my favorite story as a child and was interested to see how the author had adaped the story for an older audience. I am so glad I did buy it as I was hooked from the start and could not put it down. I have given my copy away and bought a further few copies for my friends to read as I enjoyed it so much.

Great book. I wish Louise Murphy would write more.