Profile for Mrs. J. A. Prior > Reviews

Mrs. J. A. Prior (UK)

Opticron Trailfinder II 10x25 Green Monocular
Opticron Trailfinder II 10x25 Green Monocular

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful Addition for Unexpected Birdwatching, 28 May 2016
As I already use binoculars and a spotting scope for birdwatching trips, I needed something light and small to drop in my bag for times when I am out and about and see something unexpected and interesting a distance away. After reading other reviews on the Opticron Trailfinder 10x25, I decided to take a chance with a monocular. I am impressed with the size and weight, which seems smaller than the photograph shown, but it is difficult to judge without seeing it first. The clarity is very good and for the price is excellent value. As other reviewers have stated, the focus lever does seem a little stiff on first use but soon loosens up and once you have grown accustomed to not having a focus wheel as on binoculars it is easy to use. I wear spectacles and the twist down eye cups work well.This certainly won't replace my binoculars but for walking and non birding days out or even walking to work in the mornings when a full sized pair would be unnecessary and extra weight, this monocular is a handy little addition to fit easily into a pocket or small bag, because you never know what may be about in the most surprising of locations!

Sterling Silver Musical Note Necklace on 16" silver chain - Semi Quaver - SIZE: 18mm . Gift Boxed
Offered by Silver Style

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value for money, 12 Nov. 2015
I bought this as a stocking filler for my young musical niece and I am extremely pleased with it. The pendant is more substantial that it appears to be on the photograph and is very pretty. With it's lovely little gift box and silver chain this item is excellent value for money and will make a perfect gift.

Opticron 42mm Rubber Objective Lens Covers OG S Pair fits models with Outer Diameter 48-50mm

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 18 Feb. 2015
I unfortunately lost one of the lens covers for my Bushnell H2O 10x42 binoculars within a couple of weeks of purchase and bought a set of these lens covers as a replacement. I am delighted with the quality and fit of these covers, having taken other reviewers advice and carefully measuring the outside diameter of the lens casing (which in this case was 50mm) I purchased the 48-50 mm size and they fit perfectly. Being made of rubber and flexible means that the fit is exact to the dimensions of the binoculars and they won't accidentally become detached, the rubber attachment loop is an excellent idea and keeps the covers secure.

Black Camera Case Bag for Nikon Coolpix L28 Camera (also L55)
Black Camera Case Bag for Nikon Coolpix L28 Camera (also L55)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fugifilm FinepixL55 Camera case, 19 Dec. 2011
Red Camera Case Bag for Fujifilm FinePix L55 Digital CameraI needed a camera case for my Fugifilm Finepix L55 that also has storage space for a spare battery, belt attachment and is sturdy and this fits the bill very nicely.I was a little doubtful that the quality would be poor for such a good price but no worries on that score, it is excellent value for money and I would not hesitate to recommend it.

Bushnell Powerview 10x25 Compact Folding Roof Prism Binocular - Black
Bushnell Powerview 10x25 Compact Folding Roof Prism Binocular - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Bushnell 10 X 25 Powerview binoculars, 30 Jun. 2011
I already own a pair of Bushnell Natureview 8 x 42 binoculars and as a very keen birder these are perfect for me but I have been looking for a second smaller lightweight travel pair for some time now.I thought that I would take a chance on these Bushnell Powerview 10 x 25 and I have to say that for the price they are excellent value for money. Crystal clear vision, extremely close focus and lightweight, small enough for a pocket or handbag.Fold down eyecups, essential for spec wearers, well made carrying case and the quality is what you would expect from such a respected name. The only teeny downside is the neck strap, which is actually a cord but apart from that ,which is easy enough to get used to there is no other criticism whatsoever.I would thoroughly recommend Bushnell Powerview 10 x 25 binoculars.

Gelert Map Measurer
Gelert Map Measurer
Offered by BoxBot

4.0 out of 5 stars Gelert map measurer, 5 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Gelert Map Measurer (Sports)
Very pleased with this item, it has come in vvery useful to calculate distance on planned walks following an Ordinance Survey map. My only critisism is that the measurer is slightly difficult to turn, over acute angles following footpaths on the map, but maybe with practice it will be easier!. Fast delivery and a good product. Thank you.

Black Stone Cherry
Black Stone Cherry

4.0 out of 5 stars Black Stone Cherry, 9 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Black Stone Cherry (Audio CD)
Excellent album though I still think that Folklore and Superstition is the better album, this comes a close second!

Trespass Unisex Packaway Waterproof Trousers - Navy, Large
Trespass Unisex Packaway Waterproof Trousers - Navy, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Trespass Pack Away trousers, 20 Dec. 2009
I am extremely pleased with these trousers, I have used them on a number of occasions over my walking trousers to give me a waterproof and breathable extra layer and they live up to expectations. I would highly reccomend them as excellent value for money and speedy delivery.

Folklore and Superstition
Folklore and Superstition

5.0 out of 5 stars Black Stone Cherry, 2 Aug. 2009
I first saw Black Stone Cherry perform as support to Nickelback on their latest UK tour and liked them so much that I bought their album as soon as I was able. It is an excellent album, I recommend a listen, every track is damn good and I will be certainly booking my ticket to see them perform live.