Profile for S. Buchan > Reviews

Content by S. Buchan

S. Buchan "Magpie" (Consett)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Blues Brothers (1980) - Augmented Reality Edition [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
The Blues Brothers (1980) - Augmented Reality Edition [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ John Belushi
Offered by Champion Toys

5.0 out of 5 stars The Blues has never looked or sounded as good!, 7 May 2012
I'll keep it short as the other reviewer has done a superb job. This looks and sounds fantastic. Its an absolute joy and a pleasure to watch it again and again. The picture quality is sharp and the colours are vibrant and the sound is better than ever! A classic film just got even better. The extended version is also included here and and though the differences are subtle its great to see them included. What a bargain, well worth it.

Spartacus: Blood & Sand/Gods Of The Arena [Blu-Ray]
Spartacus: Blood & Sand/Gods Of The Arena [Blu-Ray]
Dvd ~ John Hannah
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Why have I not watched this before now?!, 8 April 2012
OK I'm late to this particular party and I simply cannot believe I haven't seen this before now. This series doesn't just ask you to watch, no it puts you in a gladiator style headlock and demands you to yield to it! And I have, I'm hooked. great story, simply awesome fight scenes, blood by the barrel load and some pretty steamy sex scenes & nudity! Its got it all, simply first class entertainment!!!

Red Light Fever
Red Light Fever
Offered by thelastresortofmusic

5.0 out of 5 stars Sensational Darkness'y Hawkins Goodness!, 30 Mar 2012
This review is from: Red Light Fever (Audio CD)
Have to admit, I love the Darkness but when they split, I didn't bother with this, picking up the Stone Gods CD instead. Now with The Darkness having reformed and not being able to wait for their new album I tracked this down....and I'm so pleased I did. This is Hawkins at his best. The songs are punchy, catchy, humorous, in fact it could have been the 3rd album. Its not as easy to pick up now but I would suggest you track it down at any cost as its great!

What If (CD + DVD)
What If (CD + DVD)
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Back with a stunning album!, 22 July 2011
This review is from: What If (CD + DVD) (Audio CD)
I was never really a Mr Big fan back in the 80's/90's as they just didn't do it for me when compared to the likes of Aerosmith & Motley Crue etc. However I began listening to them again a few months back & have since picked up almost all of their CDs including this one and I have to say, why oh why didn't I pay more attention to them years ago!! What an album, great tunes, fantastic vocals and in Bill Sheehan & Paul Gilbert they have two of the very best musicians in the rock business. The guitar & bass in this album are sensational & easily steal the show from Martin, whose vocals are fantastic I have to add! I'm now well & truly a fan & have a ticket for their upcoming gig in Newcastle! Roll on 13th September!!!

FoneM8 - HTC 7 Mozart Screen Protector (PACK OF 5)
FoneM8 - HTC 7 Mozart Screen Protector (PACK OF 5)

3.0 out of 5 stars Do what they're supposed to., 2 Jun 2011
Not a lot I can say, 5 screen protectors, they protect your HTC screen and are the right size for the HTC Mozart. The price of these compared to a replacement screen/lens makes it well worth the investment!

IPHONE 5C CASE GEL - [SOFT FEEL] [MULITPLE COLOURS][HIGH GRADE TPU] (x1)
IPHONE 5C CASE GEL - [SOFT FEEL] [MULITPLE COLOURS][HIGH GRADE TPU] (x1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit for HTC Mozart, 2 Jun 2011
Not a great deal I can say other than it is a perfect fit, all of the holes are where they should be and it keeps my HTC Mozart well protected. You will however need a screen protector. Excellent product & for less than than the price of a pint well worth it!!

BlackBerry HDW-24206-001 Pocket Case for BlackBerry Curve 8520 Series Handsets - Black
Offered by DeviceFun

5.0 out of 5 stars Great wallet, great price for Curve 8520, 8 May 2011
Nice wallet, well made, Blackberry just sticks out the top so that you can see if you have a message. Even has the Blackberry logo on it! Very pleased.

Klipsch iGroove HG iPod Speaker System Black (discontinued by manufacturer)
Klipsch iGroove HG iPod Speaker System Black (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Work with a 4th Gen Ipod Touch? YES! Charge it? YES!, 8 May 2011
OK I wont repeat what others have said about the fab sound, great sounding Bass or style and value for money. What was important to me is in the title. It works great with a 4th Gen Ipod touch and charges it too!

Excellent buy and WOW that sound!!!

Edit - Could do with an dock adapter as its not a secure fit, Fine so long as you are not too rough but it would be easy to damage the connections. I hear the official apple 4g touch adapter is not great so if anyone could recommend one?????

Apple iPod Touch / iPhone Autocar Air Triple Use Car Support, By DURAGADGET
Apple iPod Touch / iPhone Autocar Air Triple Use Car Support, By DURAGADGET
Offered by GADGETPLUSUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for my ipod touch!, 16 Feb 2011
I was quite impressed with this item once it finally arrived. I wanted it to use on my vent to hold an 4G Ipod touch.

It comes with a windscreen suction attachment, a dashboard 'stick on' base (to use with the suction cup) and the vent clip attachment.

The instructions are simpy printed on one side of the box but to be fair its very simple to fit. The mount clipped into the vent of my Suzuki swift with no problems and though it doesn't feel like the most secure way of fitting a mount, it isn't going anywhere due to the nature of the clips. My Ipod (which is in a leather flip wallet - See my review for that if you are thinking about a protective case) fits snug between the D clips which are adjustable and hold the ipod tight and secure. You can also turn your ipod/iphone/GPS to a landscape view if you wish.

The only two teeny negatives that I can think of are that I cannot tilt it to face me but to be honest I can see it perfectly where it is so nothing to moan about there. The other is that using the vent clips there is a slight rattle every now and again but I only noticed this on a particular bumpy country road complete with unrepaired potholes. I simply turned the music up & it was unoticeable.

At less than a tenner its a bargain. So all in all I'm very happy with this item which is doing exactly what I bought it for - to make driving and listening to music on an ipod so much easier and safer.

BPM Black Luxury Leather Flip Case & Screen Protector for iPod Touch 4G 4th Generation 8GB 32GB 64GB
Offered by BPM UK LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Ipod Touch Wallet, 2 Feb 2011
the quality of this wallet is lovely, the leather really soft. You can use the camera whilst in the wallet and adjust the volume, plug in your earphones just fine. The only drawback that prevents this getting a 5* is that it is a little awkward plugging in an FM transmitter for the car as the cutaway in the leather is ever so slightly too small but having said that it does fit with a bit of wiggling. It comes with a protective screen too and once its thats fitted & your ipod is tucked away in the wallet it all feels nice & snug & secure. Peace of mind!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3