Profile for Jeffinee > Reviews

Jeffinee

Pandora Bracelet 925 Sterling Silver 18cm - 590702HV-18
Pandora Bracelet 925 Sterling Silver 18cm - 590702HV-18

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab Fab Fab!, 3 Jan. 2016
Very good quality. Definitely official Pandora as I already had one bought in store and they are identical. Would recommend.

Ceramic Petrography: The Interpretation of Archaeological Pottery & Related Artefacts in Thin Section
by Patrick Sean Quinn

5.0 out of 5 stars a must read for all enthusiastic and budding ceramicists!, 14 May 2013
This book fully covers everything you need to know about studying thin section. From analysis down the microscope to how the thin sections are made Patrick Quinn has explained in depth how understanding ceramics down the microscope can help us uncover so much more about our past ans our ceramic present. As an archaeologists and a PhD student who is applying petrographic analysis in her study, I know this book will serve as my close companion over the next few years. A must read for anyone interested in retrieving information from ceramics.

Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for University!, 20 Jan. 2012
I have always been against the idea of a kindle as i love my books so much, but then my friend got one for Christmas and i realized how great they are! I didn't realise but you can transfer PDF files by emailing your kindle which has been so great for uni. I'm doing a PhD and there is nothing worse than having to drag around a mountain of articles. Also, so many of the textbooks i need for uni have been made in to kindle books and at half the cost of the actual book! When reading you can also highlight passages and make notes for you to come back to. So interestingly, i will not be using the kindle, as the advert suggests,for reading for pleasure,but instead as an aid to my uni work - this is something i think the Amazon-Kindle people should market more. So to sum up, it is small, light, great battery and a massive variety of books to pick from.

Archaeology of Christianity in Africa
Archaeology of Christianity in Africa
by Niall Finneran

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and Exciting, 16 Jan. 2012
Archaeology and Christianity are two of my passions and this book is an excellent look at the two combined within an African context. A good exploration of sites and ideas. A very good read.

Rocks and Minerals in Thin Section: A Colour Atlas
Rocks and Minerals in Thin Section: A Colour Atlas
by W.S. MacKenzie

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful for the beginner, 16 Jan. 2012
I bought this book to aid my Petrography module for my MA and it was perfect. Having never studied this particular area of archaeology/geology before i found the style of writing simple and easy to understand. Although some have said it is basically a book of 'pretty pictures'...well this is partially true - but for me it is an invaluable aid to identification when at the microscope.