Profile for Shunter > Reviews

Shimano Men's R087 Cycling Shoe - White/Black, 10.5 UK / EU 46
Shimano Men's R087 Cycling Shoe - White/Black, 10.5 UK / EU 46
Offered by We Know Bikes

5.0 out of 5 stars My first road bike shoes, 17 Aug. 2012
These are my first set of road bike shoes so I can't compare against other products. I have used them nearly every day for last two months, they feel very secure when fastened and even when I'm pulling as hard as I can on a hill climb, I never feel like they are going to fail me. I'm a size 10 and the fit is perfect. They are obviously not recommended for walking in, but I have the Spd-sl cleats and bought a pair of rubber cleat covers which as well as protecting the cleat also allow me to walk around my local supermarket with no issues at all. The clasp with which you tighten the shoes can be placed in two positions and as I have skinny ankles I found it better to move this to the lower position.

Shimano R540 Speed-SL Road Pedals - White
Shimano R540 Speed-SL Road Pedals - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal pedal choice for beginner, 17 Aug. 2012
After getting a road bike in January that came with toe clip pedals, I decided to upgrade to clipless last month. The best biking choice I've made so far! I was concerned about the idea of having my feet attached to the bike but I need not have worried. I had a practice on a quite road before I used them for my commute to work and found the process of engaging and disengaging very easy, you just have to remember to unclip your foot before you stop! I soon found the benefits of being able to use the upward stroke , especially for hill climbing, the extra power you get is well worth the investment if like me you cycle every day.

Beto Track Pump Steel Tripod Legs With Gauge - Varied Colours
Beto Track Pump Steel Tripod Legs With Gauge - Varied Colours

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes the effort out of pumping!, 17 Aug. 2012
I had been having trouble getting my road bike tires to 120psi with my old foot pump, well not any more! Only a couple of pumps needed to reach desired pressure. The design is sturdy and the presta valve attachment fits with no issues, a highly recommended purchase.

6MM X 550MM COMBINATION BICYCLE BIKE LOCK
6MM X 550MM COMBINATION BICYCLE BIKE LOCK
Offered by Electro World

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for me as a second lock on my bike, 17 Aug. 2012
I already have a sturdy combination lock for my bicycle, but the problem is the lock won't secure the bike to the works bike hut and both wheels at the same time. So I purchased this lock to just protect my front wheel, as I'm sure not many locks will stop somebody who is determined to steal your bike this one should stop any spur of the moment thief who wants a quick snatch and grab and the front wheel and tire wouldn't be that expensive to replace so would be silly to spend more on the lock than the value of the item your securing!