Profile for Pen name > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
5 Star Subject Dividers Multipunched Manilla Board 10-Part A4 Assorted
5 Star Subject Dividers Multipunched Manilla Board 10-Part A4 Assorted

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine for the price., 26 Jan. 2015
These are fine for the price - not so much "board" as thick paper but they do the job.

Garnier Nutri Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream - Light 50ml
Garnier Nutri Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream - Light 50ml
Offered by The Salon Look Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok., 18 Dec. 2014
This isn't sufficiently moisturising for my skin and it is also too dark. Mixing with some of my moisturiser fixes both of these but then the coverage is extremely light. So all round only just about worth putting it on. It does stay on pretty well though.

Epson Expression Home XP-312 All-In-One Printer with Wi-Fi/Epson Connect
Epson Expression Home XP-312 All-In-One Printer with Wi-Fi/Epson Connect
Offered by Technology Geek's

4.0 out of 5 stars It's ok., 16 Oct. 2014
When our Cannon printer died, to be honest my first criterion for buying a printer was to reduce running costs. With genuine ink cartridges for the Cannon coming in at >£45 per set I thought the Epson was worth a go as there seemed to be some very cheap alternative cartridges that had good reviews. And if I ended up wrecking the Epson it was only slightly more than the cost of the Cannon cartridges for the printer itself!

So....how's the Epson doing? It wasn't plug and play but I managed to download the drivers for my Mac and get it connected to the wireless hub. I find it will still often require switching off and on of both printer and Mac to establish a connection. And the scanner function, which worked fine a couple of times, now can't seem to connect to the Mac at all. So perhaps about 70% happy with functionality.

I have just replaced the first of the cartridges which came with the printer and the none Epson one seems to have been accepted. So if that all works it will be a lot cheaper.

The Epson does seem to have less faffing around time than the Canon it replaced and doesn't spend ages churning away to itself - neither does it shake the desk severely like the Cannon did.

I'm going to have a go at reinstalling drivers or perhaps first getting a cable to physically join Mac to printer (as they are actually on the same desk) and if I can improve communication I will be pretty happy, on the whole.

So, yeah, it's ok.

Edit- I eventually bought a USB cable and communication is fine now. As others have said, the wireless comm is naff.

Puregadgets© 2 X White Microfibre Towel Sports Bath Gym Quick Dry Travel Swimming Camping Beach Drying 60 X 120 cm
Offered by Electro World

1.0 out of 5 stars Not absorbent - leave hair soaking wet., 11 Sept. 2014
I don't find these absorbent at all. I bought them for my hair, to replace an Aquis towel that had done an excellent job for years but which was looking pretty dingy. These are much cheaper so I thought I'd give them a go. They don't absorb the water from my hair, even when wrapped round as tightly as possible and leave it soaking wet. Complete waste of time and the next thing I'm doing after writing this is buying another Aquis towel.

BHL Luminarc Glass Quadro Fridge Jug 1.7 Litre, White Lid
BHL Luminarc Glass Quadro Fridge Jug 1.7 Litre, White Lid
Offered by Dealsdirect247

5.0 out of 5 stars Nicely made, looks good, 26 July 2014
Nicely made, looks good, pours well and doesn't drip. Perfect for making iced tea in the summer heat and stashing in the fridge. Fits in the fridge door shelf no problem.

AEG FAVORIT F77012W0P
AEG FAVORIT F77012W0P
Offered by FD SUPPLIES

1.0 out of 5 stars Favorit not as good any more., 15 July 2014
This review is from: AEG FAVORIT F77012W0P (Misc.)
In making this model of the AEG Favorit dishwasher, AEG have taken a great product and done their best to ruin it. This is the 5th Favorit we have had and the others have all been super so we didn't hesitate to buy another but I'm beginning to wish we hadn't.

What's wrong with it –

• It doesn't wash very well. On every programme except the highest tea stains are still left in mugs, stains on cutlery, bits on bowls. The normal 60 degree programme on our last model was fine for everything and this one is a joke. The programme is also about half an hour longer than the old Favorit and it's still only just doing the job.
• It doesn't rinse or dry very well. Particularly on the inside of non-stick pans water droplets are often left. A glass chopping board came out covered in smears.
• The basket configurations have been changed, I presume to fit in more cups and saucers. Who uses a lot of cups and saucers everyday? Not us. We use a lot of mugs and large glasses and I cannot get these to fit in well. There used to be three whole lines available from front to back to hold these items slightly at a tilt. Now I have to try and cram them in the saucer racks and they often fall sideways and are not held at the correct angle so that water is caught on the top.
• The door closure is just a pull instead of a catch which you have to use quite a lot of force to get open.
• The underside of the plastic above the door is very sharp and rough and I have just grazed my hand on it. Ouch!
• The programme defaults every time to the "eco" option they think you should be using. I then have to cycle several times through back to the most intense option every wash because THE ECO PROGAMME DOESN'T GET THINGS CLEAN!
• The cutlery basket configuration has changed and less cutlery can be fitted in more awkwardly.
• The baskets are really wobbly and feel flimsy and the bottom one has a decided list to the rear and will slide back into the machine at any opportunity. There's also a prong missing on the plate run on the right hand side of the bottom basket so the plates won't stack up evenly.

There is one thing that's better about this model –

• They have got rid of the pointless internal light.

AEG, why don't you employ someone who actually uses a dishwasher to work with your design engineers. And if you'd like to send someone round to show me how on earth I'm supposed to fit my mugs and glasses into this machine that would be lovely.

Manduka lean aircore bolster, Magic
Manduka lean aircore bolster, Magic

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality comfy bolster, 16 Jun. 2014
I actually don't use this for yoga, I use it for my reflexology clients to support their lower legs. It's firm and supportive but soft enough to be comfortable. Lovely colour and a very well fitting, quality cover. I'm very glad I invested in this bolster.

London Pottery 6 Cup Globe Teapot Cobalt Blue
London Pottery 6 Cup Globe Teapot Cobalt Blue
Offered by Emporium Cookshop & Homewares

5.0 out of 5 stars No more dribbles!, 16 Jun. 2014
The very occasional odd drip is all I get. Super pot, yes the lid is a little small and you can't get your hand in but then I rinse the pot out after use and stick it in the dishwasher so don't need to. Beautiful colour too. Big enough for 4 good mugs easily.

Bodum Presso 0.6 L/20 oz Storage Jar - Lime Green
Bodum Presso 0.6 L/20 oz Storage Jar - Lime Green

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointed, 11 April 2014
The glass jar and silicone band are beautifully made and elegant. The lid, however, is not up to the same quality, being made of quite nasty hard plastic and the feel and quality of this lets the piece down. For the price I think overall it is not worth it.

Banquet Paris Wine Glass 8oz. 230ml. 13.7cm high. Box quantity 12.
Banquet Paris Wine Glass 8oz. 230ml. 13.7cm high. Box quantity 12.
Offered by Noble Express Catering Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for everyday use, 11 Mar. 2014
Fed up of spending ££££s on glasses that look rubbish a year of dishwashing later. These are pennies, look and feel good, good size to drink from and fit in the dishwasher great. Sorted.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5