Profile for West > Reviews

Bigjigs Toys BJ526 Calendar, Clock Days and Months
Bigjigs Toys BJ526 Calendar, Clock Days and Months
Offered by Bigjigs Toys

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but strange days of the week, 29 Aug. 2012
I bought this for my 4 year old son as he likes to know the date and the time etc at the moment. He is really enjoying changing the date every day and the weather and am very pleased with it, except for one thing and that's that the days of the week are the wrong way round - going sunday, saturday, friday etc. I think this makes it very confusing and is the only reason why I didn't give it more stars.

Overcoming Multiple Sclerosis: An Evidence-Based Guide to Recovery
Overcoming Multiple Sclerosis: An Evidence-Based Guide to Recovery
by George Jelinek

5.0 out of 5 stars An inspiring and hopeful book, please read it!, 21 Dec. 2011
My mum bought this book for me just before I was diagnosed with ms, and I am so glad she did. I am sure that without it I would be feeling far, far worse than I do. The book explains all of the evidence for a wide variety of approaches to managing ms, in a really clear and thorough way so that you can make your own mind up about what's worth trying. I have only been doing some of the recommendations for a couple of months as I've only recently been diagnosed, and I am feeling well. It's hard to say if the diet/vitamin d etc has got anything to do with this, but I am sure that the psychological side, of feeling that I have some control over it, is what is helping me the most. I honestly believe the information in this book has the potential to help me get far better than any drugs can, and am so grateful to the professor for writing it.

Under Pressure: Rescuing Our Children From The Culture Of Hyper-Parenting: Putting the Child Back into Childhood
by Carl Honore

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book that will put your mind at rest!, 11 Mar. 2009
Since having my baby, I have worried about how I'm going to bring him up. My instincts tell me that children should be free to play and have fun and not bound up into endless supervised activities etc. But when everyone else is doing these activities you feel like you're the one in the wrong. However, this book has really put my mind at ease and I can't rate it highly enough for the effect it has had on me. It explains very clearly why we need to let children be children, and the benefits of doing this for both the children and the parents. Very highly recommended.