Profile for Chat > Reviews

Chat

Zoku Green Slush Maker
Zoku Green Slush Maker
Offered by Gadget Grotto

5.0 out of 5 stars The best kitchen gadget ever that does what it's supposed to. Buy it before everyone catches on!, 21 Oct 2013
Read a few mixed reviews for this. I can only imagine that the unsuccessful slushes are a result of using sweetened drinks that have aspartame, saccharin etc. Trust me this works and as soon as everyone has cottoned on to how good they are, they will sell out!

My son adores slush puppies but is only allowed to have them a couple of times a year as he is sensitive to the additives. This more than makes up for it.

We have so far used every variation of Shloer which stays fizzy. Unlike slush puppies it stays frozen until the end. It seems to work quicker if you leave it for about 2 minutes before you scrape the first ice crystals from the side. After that - it transforms very quickly. I would love to say that it works well for other drinks, such as fresh juices etc but my son has adored the Shloer so much that he isn't fixing what isn't broke. It is so good that I will be buying several as gifts and more for the family as my son cannot wait the necessary time between drinks. I want one too!

Looking forward to having a few alcoholic mixers although you need to add the alcohol after the mixer has slushed due to the much lower freezing temperature of alcohol, although I am considering trying a weak cider as soon as I am lucky enough to get my hands on it - or have several replacements lined up!

20, 000 Secrets of Tea: The Most Effective Ways to Benefit from Nature's Healing Herbs
by Victoria Zak
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Great reference. Summarised medicinal uses. Exactly what I was looking for., 11 Sep 2013
I researched Tea books prior to buying this one as a gift.....which I ended up keeping and now have another re-ordered. I had not expected it to have the health benefits of the herbs so well referenced. I was looking for a book to enable me to blend tea from a health perspective and this book is certainly a great guide with no herbalist knowledge.

The down side.
As of my last review the quality of the paperbacks from self publish is poor. Since this is nothing to do with the author I cannot deduct a star. Again I love the size of it but feel that maybe Amazon could do more to support self published authors with higher quality product.

Real Meal Planning
Real Meal Planning

5.0 out of 5 stars Brillaint Concept - Easy To Follow. Takes the hassle out of meal times., 17 Aug 2013
I was lucky enough to get the free version of this as an ebook during the first days of promotion. I am constantly looking for meal plans on the internet and find most lacking what I need. As such I had no concerns about buying the paperbook, which I prefer to use when cooking. Also the chance of actually wrestling my tablet from any one of the family straight after school is too tenuous.

The content is great and the concept is wonderful. The great thing is the size. I can pop it in my handbag when I am shopping and the list is with me without having to write anything

All the recipes are sorted into weeks but with the convenience of daily lists should you wish to change or add to it.

I have so far found the book to be little short of life changing. Knowing what I am cooking on a day to day basis and knowing I have the ingredients illiminates so much of the day to day frustrations I never even realised I had until now.

The recipes deliver on flavour and I love the use of so many herbs and spices that are family friendly.

The bad bits:
Very poor quality cover, everything is very blurred and not showcased the same as the ebook. The images and content inside are all ok. The ebook is far far better, hence I could not deduct a star since the content is what matters - in my very humble opinion.
There are no puddings, but then I dont cook them anyway so it doesnt effect me. If you're looking for a 2 or 3 course meal every night then its not for you. We tend to eat like this in the week so it suits our needs
The price of the kindle version makes it an easy option for anyone considering a punt. Having said that I would not be without my paperback.Real Meal Planning

Seconds Away (Mickey Bolitar 2)
Seconds Away (Mickey Bolitar 2)
by Harlan Coben

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 9 Dec 2012
My son is 12 and has always been a reluctant reader. I have tried him with every book on every list for boys who don't want to read. This is as every bit as good as the first, and as good as all his other books. For the first time ever my son reads out of choice. The problem is I need more as he reads them faster than they are being written. Thank you Harlen Coben and can we have some more..........