Profile for endofcity > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Silverline CT22 Bolt Cutters Length 600mm - Jaw 8mm
Silverline CT22 Bolt Cutters Length 600mm - Jaw 8mm

5.0 out of 5 stars A cut above the rest, 13 Jun. 2015
Great value bolt cutters. Sturdy, well built and highly effective.

Burglars / robbers be aware they are red. You might want to paint them black for reasons of subtlety.

simplehuman® Steel Frame Dishrack
simplehuman® Steel Frame Dishrack
Offered by Kitch N Sync

5.0 out of 5 stars Next level dish drying, 13 Jun. 2015
I placed my wet dishes onto this (not just plates, glasses and knives and forks, I'm talking all kinds of things) and they became dry in no time. And I must add, I really enjoyed watching them dry on this because it's such a great looking piece of kitchen equipment.

I really must get out more.

Solo [VINYL]
Solo [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 13 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Solo [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Great, original record. Stands up extremely well to repeated listening.

Blendtec Total Blender & 1 Jug
Blendtec Total Blender & 1 Jug

2.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable. Buy a Vitamix., 13 Jun. 2015
Bought 3 of these - yes 3 - and they all went faulty within 1 week. One was leaking and two had ridiculously noisy motors. I think the pro level Blendtecs are supposed to be good but in my experience the domestic models are poor.

I then purchased a Vitamix, which I wasn't happy about because it was double cost. However, it's a much, much better machine. The build quality is way better and the performance is far higher. And it's been very reliable.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 1, 2015 2:20 PM BST

Advanced Marathoning
Advanced Marathoning
by Scott Douglas

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book which got me great results, 5 May 2015
This review is from: Advanced Marathoning (Paperback)
I had already run a few marathons (4, I think) when I bought this book but I must admit, I only glanced through it a few times. Having run my first few marathons in progressively better times (coming down from 3:05 to 2:45), I was happy with the way my training had been going. However, my times started to go backwards in my next 5 races and I realised I needed to do something different, which is when I picked up the book again.

I had read somewhere that Steve Way, the British marathon runner who went from 16 1/2 stone to elite level marathoner representing England in the Commonwealth Games, had followed a plan from the book, so I thought I'd give it a bash.

The first part of the book goes through the theory behind the training methods covered. There are also some very interesting bits of information provided by and about other runners - of varying levels of ability - which are both interesting and inspiring. There are also sections dedicated to race strategy, nutrition and how to balance training and recovery.

I found reading the entire book before diving into the training very helpful because it teaches you the reasoning behind the training, which helped me a lot.

The second half of the book is devoted to training schedules, divided into 3 sections: up to 55 miles a week, 55 - 70 miles, 70 - 85 miles and 85 miles or more a week. There are also varying schedule lengths for each distance, so you can pick the one which suits your even or circumstances best.

I opted for 70m a week. To begin with, it felt quite tough but as time went on, I adapted and I started to notice some big improvements in my fitness. I discovered understanding why I was doing particular workouts really helped with motivation. It does say in the book the training would be challenging but it was never exasperating. I was also able to complete the training virtually injury free, which has been a problem for me with other training programs.

So, what happened with my time?

I ran 8 minutes quicker than my previous marathon and went 3 minutes under my target time of 2:50. Most importantly, I felt better equipped than I had before and I was able to run strongly from start to finish. Even though it wasn't a PB, I felt it was one of my strongest runs.

I highly recommend this book.

Around India in 80 Trains
Around India in 80 Trains

1.0 out of 5 stars Badly written collection of boring travel stories., 9 Mar. 2015
I enjoy reading books about travel but this is absolute rubbish.

The standard of the writing is really extremely poor and it really is just a collection of incredibly uninteresting and predictable events recorded whilst travelling around india by train.

I gave up on it after about 30%. I could't find one thing I liked about this book.

SONY RM-ED047 Original Remote Control
SONY RM-ED047 Original Remote Control
Offered by cherrypickelectronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Televisual operation without the stress of getting up and down all the time for things like volume, channel and even on and off!, 9 Mar. 2015
Arrived promptly and was exactly what was required to replace the controller my dog chewed. For the uninitiated, you can point this at the telly and control it, without leaving the comfort of your chair. Amazing.

Batteries not included.

Freak Brothers Omnibus, The: Every Freak Brothers Story Rolled into One Bumper Package
by Gilbert Shelton

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly classic comic strip, 9 Mar. 2015
If you're a long established Freak fan or whether you've just discovered our furry friends, you'll love this book.

Not only are these superbly funny, well written and amusing tales, they are superbly illustrated with really fantastic attention to detail. It would be true to say the artwork really is as great as the text.

I think these comic strips are every bit as funny now as when I first discovered them when I was a teenager. There are so many classic lines it has me laughing out loud regularly. The characters - especially Freddy - are hilarious and (to a point) almost believable!

I just bought this as a gift for a friend who is a Freak Brothers virgin, so let's see what he thinks....

WE'RE ABOUT TO ENTER THE FOURTH DIMENSION!

Sharples N Grant Tyre-N-Chew, Small
Sharples N Grant Tyre-N-Chew, Small

2.0 out of 5 stars Might be durable for some dogs but not for mine ..., 26 Nov. 2014
Might be durable for some dogs but not for mine (Jack Russell).

Next time I'll give the dog £10 to rip up and cut out the middle man.

Air Kong Dumbell - 100% Pure Tennis Fetch Toy for dogs medium
Air Kong Dumbell - 100% Pure Tennis Fetch Toy for dogs medium
Offered by Mr Pets

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time, 12 April 2014
I gave this to my 2 year old Jack Russell, Amber, who appeared to be highly excited by her new toy.

This excitement was quickly replaced by gloom as she destroyed it in less than 5 minutes.

This toy is not durable and is not suitable for chewing, which being squeaky, one would assume it should be.

Not recommended.