Profile for Graeme68 > Reviews

When I Die: Lessons from the Death Zone
by Philip Gould
Price: 10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Moved and inspired, 18 Mar 2013
I had been intending to read Philip's book for many months but for some reason delayed. I had seen the short film, shot 11 days before his death, at Highgate cemetery but the book was for another time. That time came last week and I feel, after finishing it yesterday, that something in me has changed. Philip's narrative throughout the book has left me feeling inspired and uplifted; the opposite of what I quietly expected before reading it.
Philip is honest, open and candid in sharing his experiences and those of his clearly loving and supportive family. The roller coaster of diagnosis, treatment, recovery, recurrence and finally his entry into the Death Zone demonstrates a courage and determination that was underscored by his obvious sensitivity and compassion.

A moving and inspiring book that will stay with me for a long time.

The Wonder of This
The Wonder of This
by David Brockman
Price: 5.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not waste your money, 11 Jun 2012
This review is from: The Wonder of This (Paperback)
This book is a complete waste of money. Words thrown together with no coherence whatsoever. The author is a strange character who I suspect was trying his hand at making a few quid by penning this tripe, using the language of non-dual teachings and a couple of other poor literary devices. PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED CASH ON THIS RUBBISH! If you have a genuine interest in non-duality try Toni Packer or Darryl Bailey.