Profile for Leonard J. Belk > Reviews

Content by Leonard J. Belk

Leonard J. Belk (Chippenham, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Clarks Mens Casual Line Day Leather Shoes In Black Wide Fit Size 10
Clarks Mens Casual Line Day Leather Shoes In Black Wide Fit Size 10
Offered by Bells Shoes

4.0 out of 5 stars Fitting, 9 July 2014
The size 10 H shoes are a good fit and give my toes the room they need and cope with my high instep. Good quality and good price.

Morphy Richards Accents 43769 Pyramid Kettle - Plum
Morphy Richards Accents 43769 Pyramid Kettle - Plum
Offered by Pricelover Deals

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good and recommended kettle, 9 May 2014
The kettle was delivered quickly and it is a very good and welcome product. The power light however could be more visible, its position could be changed.

Heavy Duty Fishtail Clothes Garment Rail, 4ft Wide, Black, Display or Storage
Heavy Duty Fishtail Clothes Garment Rail, 4ft Wide, Black, Display or Storage
Offered by ShopfittingWarehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality item, 13 April 2014
As strong in construction as had been hoped and easy to assemble. Recommended to all possible buyers. A good product.

Mrs Browns Boys Complete BBC Series 1, 2 & 3 DVD Collection
Mrs Browns Boys Complete BBC Series 1, 2 & 3 DVD Collection
Dvd ~ Brendan O'Carroll
Offered by WorldCinema

3.0 out of 5 stars Introductionary events, 31 Mar 2014
The programmes are very good and funny. However the introductory advertising inserts are very irritating and should be removable now..

HP Envy 4500 e-All-In-One Printer
HP Envy 4500 e-All-In-One Printer

4.0 out of 5 stars HP Envy 4500 printer, 15 Dec 2013
A very good and fast printer for me and good value for money. However the ink containers are rather smaller than I prefer and I have to change them more often than I expected (my previous HP printer had larger ink containers, but wasn't half as effective as this one). It includes a copying and also a scanning ability and is not too big at all. It's certainly good value for money!

Ring Automotive RAC640 Automatic Digital Air  Compressor and Inflator / Deflator  with LED Light 12 V
Ring Automotive RAC640 Automatic Digital Air Compressor and Inflator / Deflator with LED Light 12 V

4.0 out of 5 stars Ring RAC640 Digital Air Compressor, 2 Jan 2013
It is a well constructed implement which "does what it say on the tin". The carry bag that come with it is very useful because it saves having to replace the electric cable back into its slot in the body of the machine when it's finished with. The tight housing/accomodation for the cable makes it very difficult (for me) to replace the cable in its original housing. However, with the carry bag, it's not necessary to do it.

RAC150 (RAC 150) Ring Digital Tyre Gauge
RAC150 (RAC 150) Ring Digital Tyre Gauge

5.0 out of 5 stars RAC 150 Ring Digital Tyre Gauge, 2 Jan 2013
The best product of this type that I have ever had. It's so easy to use, it's illuminated where necessary and the most important thing to me is that it is the most accurate tyre pressure gauge that I have ever used.
An excellent product. It surprises me that I saw a mechnical pressure gauge in a well-known shop recently that indicated that it was only accurate to + or - 2 p.s.i., which is absurd from the tyre wear and safety point of view.

AD 410: The Year That Shook Rome
AD 410: The Year That Shook Rome
by Sam Moorhead

5.0 out of 5 stars A superbly written and very interesting book., 10 Jun 2012
Before I read this book, published in 2009, I had read "The Romans who shaped Britain" published in 2012 and written by the same pair of authors, Sam Moorhead and David Studdard. Sam Moorhead is a British Museum expert on Roman coinage and David Studdard is a freelance, well informed author. Together they just seem to get everything right in the creation of a superbly informative and, very importantly, superbly interesting book.
Along with many other older persons, what I learned at school about the departure of the Romans from Britain in around 410 AD was that the empire came under threat and so the legions left Britain to defend Rome. A more rounded and complete picture is presented in this book and I must say it is a vastly more complex and interesting series of events than I had ever thought.
The book is a combination of historical facts and theories presented in a competent and very interesting way and I recommend it as an excellent buy.

The Romans Who Shaped Britain
The Romans Who Shaped Britain
by Sam Moorhead

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent facts written extremely interestingly., 10 Jun 2012
I purchased this book because I had only just learned that Sam Moorhead, who is the Roman coin expert at the British Museum, had actually written a book. I have previously attended some of his lectures on Roman coinage and found them very informative and, most importantly, very interesting. He always breathes life into the environment in which the coins were minted and their relevance to the people.
The book is written in collaboration with David Studdard, who is a very well informed freelance writer.
I cannot recommend this book too highly, not only to people already interested in the times when the Romans occupied and settled in Britain, but also to people who just like a good story. The book is not a dull collection of facts presented in a tutorial manner, it is a story, containg hard facts, but written in such a way that I believe anyone will find very fascinating indeed.
When I bought this book I learned of the existence of two others written by the same team and purchased them also. I have now read all three and really strongly recommend them all.

Primeur Goblet - 320ml 11.25oz (Box 6) White Red Rose Wine Beer Water Glass Glasses

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product., 1 Jan 2012
The glasses were delivered safely and on time. They are of excellent quality and have a beautiful and consistent ring to them when pinged with the finger. However, more importantly, they are lovely to drink wine from. I have been a wine drinker for about forty years and can honestly say they are the best glasses I have had. I have no hesitation at all in strongly recommending them to everyone.
Jim Belk.