Profile for Peter G. Dewitt > Reviews

Content by Peter G. Dewitt

Peter G. Dewitt (Suffolk)

Proxima Direct® 36 Watt UV Nail Gel Lamp Light Gel Curing Nail Dryer with 120 second Timer + 4 x 9W Bulbs and Cuticle Pusher, Ideal for Shellac Nail Vanish

1.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended for plugging into the mains., 26 May 2014
I purchased one of these for my wife, she only uses it very occasionally and clearly you get what you pay for. Recently the power in the house started to trip but luckily I'm an electrician so fetched my testing kit and started testing the house wiring. Needless to say people reporting blown fuses and bangs are lucky, a report with photos of the inside of this thing is on its way to trading standards!

Tomy TD350 Digital Plus Baby Monitor
Tomy TD350 Digital Plus Baby Monitor
Offered by Anything 4 Home

3.0 out of 5 stars Only one problem, 20 Jun. 2012
This product does everything you want from a baby monitor and we are very happy with all its features. However after 5 months of use the parent unit is not charging correctly. It has become difficult to place the parent unit onto the charging unit so it will actually charge. We have ended up using blu-tack to hold the parent unit down while on the charger to ensure the metal contacts remain connected and the unit charges.

Star Trek Voyager  - Season 7 (Slimline Edition) [DVD]
Star Trek Voyager - Season 7 (Slimline Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kate Mulgrew

4.0 out of 5 stars Great last season, 5 Jun. 2009
Star Trek Voyager ended years ago but I only just got round to watching the last season. I've watched every episode and it has been sad watching the last season. I did not really connect with Captain Janeway at first but in the end she turned out to be a fantastic Captain! I was sad to see her and the rest of the crew go. Voyager has been a brilliant series and I just wish it could have gone on and on. I will miss life on board Voyager.

On Broadway
On Broadway

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful !!, 21 July 2002
This review is from: On Broadway (Audio CD)
I found this PURE DSD SACD outstanding!! The quality of every track is amazing. All your favorite and well known Broadway Music in wonderful SACD sound. This is a Stereo Hybrid SACD but it still sounds fantastic, the DSD recording offers bucket loads of extra depth to the stereo image. On some tracks it really does sound like you are at the concert hall where this SACD was recorded, perfect! I was playing it again and again, louder and louder. Im very sure that this SACD will bring a pleasing smile to everybodys face as they sit and let the Cincinnati Pops Orchestra SHAKE their room! My fav part is whenever any drums sound out, they all sound superb.

The Stranger
The Stranger

5.0 out of 5 stars At Last You Can Hear The True Voice Of Billy Joel, 14 July 2002
This review is from: The Stranger (Audio CD)
I LOVE this SACD so much, I love any SACD which contains music recorded so many years ago and yet sounds so AMAZING. Unless you have been to a live concert of Billy Joel, you have never heard him like this. This SACD lets his voice shine out of your centre speaker like never before. And the instruments WOW just wonderful I especially like the Tenor and Soprano SAXes, they sound so real. I keep playing this SACD but keep getting stuck on track 4 (its not the SACD its me pressing Back Skip) I love it. The Multi-Channel Mix I find is perfect, it all blends together very neatly. BUY this now if you like Billy Joel, All I want now is his greatest hits on SACD

Tchaikovsky: 1812 (New DSD Recording)
Tchaikovsky: 1812 (New DSD Recording)

5.0 out of 5 stars My first classical SACD, 8 July 2002
Puts all my other classical cds to shame, NOT the music but the sheer quality of sound. This SACD was recorded in DSD from the start so you really do get a very real sound. In fact there is a warning on the box about the volume the cannons have been recorded at. This was a wise thing to do as they are very loud but sound amazing in SACD Multi channel. Theres not much more to say you've all heard it before! SACD is just amazing, make sure you invest in some good speakers, turn down the lights and enjoy!

Tubular Bells (Super Audio Version)
Tubular Bells (Super Audio Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, 6 July 2002
My mum introduced me to Tubular Bells some years ago and have since purchased some other albums of the same artist. I have just purchased a new SACD/DVD player and wanted something to show of my new system. I am no audio expert I just love listening to MUSIC. After reading different reviews on the web about this SACD I was really looking forward to its arrival. (it atcually came 1 day before my new system arrived) Now then, what you all want to know, is it any good? Well I loved it! every part, but here are some parts that stood out most. Every instrument sounds superb, most even sound different (in a good way) which I assume is down to the SACD. The tubular bells ring out like never before, the whole thing is a completely different experience. You are surrounded by sound in a way very different than the surround on DVD titles. Lastly a section I disliked in the past (the growling in part 2) I now enjoy completely, the SACD really does make a difference to the way it feels to me. So if you enjoyed the CD version of Tubular Bells im sure you'll LOVE this new SACD version.
PS hoping for a Incantations SACD (please!) now that would be good.