Profile for T. Miles > Reviews

Content by T. Miles

T. Miles "Telbert" (Forest Hill, London United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Casio MQ24/7B Unisex Quartz Watch with White Dial Analogue Display and Black Resin Strap

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat, tidy but too small for a man, 28 April 2014
The watch is fine
The mistake is mine
No cause for alarm
But it's just too small for my arm...

The Shining
The Shining
Dvd

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon Prime let me down, 20 April 2014
This review is from: The Shining (Amazon Instant Video)
Supposedly a great movie but Prime video let me down. It repeatedly froze and buffered for so long as to make it completely unwatchable after the first 10 minutes. I probably won't use Prime instant video again. You pay your money and it breaks. So far haven't had that problem with Netflix (although their selection of films is awful).
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 28, 2014 9:41 PM BST

Advice to Little Girls
Advice to Little Girls
by Mark Twain

2.0 out of 5 stars Thin, 22 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Advice to Little Girls (Hardcover)
Pretty, arty, quirky but actually very thin and expensive. The publishers obviously think they are very clever. They've got my money so obviously they are. It's a silly book that will have Twain turning in his grave.

The Prince
The Prince

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. Never bettered., 22 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Prince (Kindle Edition)
Just substitute the words, Manager, CEO or Leader for the word Prince and it all makes so much sense. I've returned to it again and again when I've faced challenges or got lost. Luckily the opposition often haven't read it at all...

NIKE Men's ACG Salbolier Hiking Shoes, Black/Yellow, UK8.5
NIKE Men's ACG Salbolier Hiking Shoes, Black/Yellow, UK8.5

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for sciatica sufferers., 14 Mar. 2012
I bought these as a summer alternative to my great big heavy leather walking boots. They quickly became really comfortable and made all the difference to the sciatica that caused me so much pain. In fact they became my everyday shoes of choice. And they wear extremely well. Buy them. They can change your life for the better.

DUMMY SOOTHER COMFORTER CLIP & CHAIN - BLUE DUCK - IDEAL FOR BABY AND PERFECT GIFT AT BABY SHOWER OR CHRISTENING
Offered by Perfect Detail Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars NIce little tear-saver, 14 Mar. 2012
So glad we bought this dummy clip and chain. Our grandson was forever losing his dummy all over the house, in the car and in the street. I wouldn't notice at first and then we'd have tears and tantrums. This stops all that. It's simple to use, robust and looks good, not all garish and twinkly like some. Delivery was really quick too. Well done!

Powerball Signature Series Powerball - Transparent
Powerball Signature Series Powerball - Transparent

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete waste of money, 8 April 2009
I have spent all day winding the red strings on and pulling them off to get the ball spinning. I must have tried over a hundred times. I have got the thing working twice. Now all friction between the string and the ball has been lost and it just slips off without generating any speed to speak of at all. An immense disappointment. Their website is not helpful. Don't buy this product. I really wish I hadn't
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 24, 2010 1:07 PM BST

The Happiness Hypothesis: Putting Ancient Wisdom to the Test of Modern Science
The Happiness Hypothesis: Putting Ancient Wisdom to the Test of Modern Science
by Jonathan Haidt

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish I'd read this 35 years ago, 22 April 2008
...I might never have divorced my first wife.

This is an excellent book that explains so much of my life. I am going to buy a copy for each of my children so that they might understand themselves better and avoid some of the stupid mistakes I have made and a good few religious blind alleys. (But on the other hand if I had read it thirty years ago they would never have been born.)

It is a book I will read and read again.

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (Upgrade) (PC)
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (Upgrade) (PC)
Offered by Pri.Trading

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but pretty damaging too, 28 Feb. 2007
Be very careful. As usual Microsoft have released something that isn't quite as finished as it should be. Looks pretty but doesn't work with microsoft activesynch. So I downloaded the new Windows Mobile Device Centre as recommended. This does synch with my Ipaq but doesn't work well with Word, 2002 which means my word documents on the Ipaq are unreadable. I contacted Ipaq. They needed the serial number etc. of my HX4700, which I can only access by taking the battery out. I did this and the damn thing did a hard reset and lost all my case notes. Thanks Vista

Sony NWA1000B 6 GB HDD Walkman - Black
Sony NWA1000B 6 GB HDD Walkman - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Immense frustration, 11 April 2006
The very big problem is with the Connect software that comes with it, to connect to the Connect Store. It is very very slow and clunky. Sometimes it doesn't work at all, just loops back again and again to the log-in page so you can't actually buy any music. Their helpline is inconsistent too. I was advised to email them when I neded a fix over the phone, another Sony Connect helpline then gave me the first helpline number. After three tries and a long wait I got through to someone who actually knew what he was talking about and advised me to access the Connect store through Internet Explorer as it was better than their Connect software! Result? Still stuck in a loop, he then advised me to delete cookies in IE and try again. This time it worked and - strangely - the Connect software worked too. Downloaded two albums very slowly and uncertainly. My first legal music since Christmas. Don't Sony actually test their products and software with real users? I received mine as a Christmas gift and the software still isn't fixed by April. My advice is to get a Creative Zen player or an IPOD. Sony seem to have lost their edge - and any concern for the customer - a long time ago.

Page: 1 | 2