Profile for Rosa > Reviews

Dog DeShedding Tool for Large Dogs
Dog DeShedding Tool for Large Dogs
Offered by Ronfax

3.0 out of 5 stars Probably a Good Product for Some Dogs, 15 Dec. 2011
I bought this after we adopted two Border Collies. These are lovely animals but we were warned they would shed heavily.The product is durable and well designed in terms of its user ergonomics. However, even after our dogs have been professionally groomed and dematted, I have found their coats are too thick for this product to be comfortably used on them. It really seems to tug through the coat and, although they are pretty patient, they can clearly only stand a short period of grooming. I followed the advice of other reviewers and avoided grooming too deeply - this is a must as blades are very sharp and I can see how it would be possible to damage to skin. I can see how this idea should work but would suggest anyone with a thick coated dog consider carefully before buying.

SKROSS EVO USB World Adapter
SKROSS EVO USB World Adapter
Offered by 7dayshop Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product!, 15 Dec. 2011
I bought this for a trip to Mexico, primarily to charge my smartphone. It is well designed, robust and comes with clear instructions, plus a handy travel bag. It worked perfectly and was really easy to use. It comes with an attached USB charger (which can be removed), which is what I used throughout my trip. This USB charger, when plugged in, also doubles as handy nightlight. Highly recommended product which will now go with me whenever I travel. Worth every penny.

The Jetsleeper Travel and inflight pillow - Blue
The Jetsleeper Travel and inflight pillow - Blue
Offered by The Friendly Lifestyle Store

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Buy, 15 Dec. 2011
I bought this for a long haul flight from the UK to Mexico, in Economy. The flight is around 10 - 11 hours, so it got a good test. This is a good design, it has a robust plastic hook which easily over the seat back and the pillow is well padded and provides good support. It is easy to place the hook in position and it doesn't impact the passenger behind or beside you. I didn't get any neck or back ache and found it was quite good even when just watching movies etc on the flight. I have only given it 4 stars as it needs to be anchored to the seat belt (or seat arm) to hold the pillow in the right position. I didn't mind this but found it quite difficult to work out how to fasten the straps to achieve a reliable and firm hold. I did eventually manage it but am still not convinced I had it right. A clearer diagram or two wouldn't go amiss. It packs away reasonably easily and the cover can be zipped off to wash it. All in all a good buy and I will use it again.

Safestix Original Rubber Dog Toy, 70 cm
Safestix Original Rubber Dog Toy, 70 cm
Offered by Mighty Oak Trading

4.0 out of 5 stars A great idea but info on weight would be useful, 18 Nov. 2011
I bought this for my two (fit and strong) adult border collies. It arrived promptly and I can see why it is an improvement over a stick. The bright colour makes it easy to spot and it floats really well. As an owner I really liked it but my dogs weren't quite so convinced. They didn't seem to like to texture (or possibly taste) at first so I would recommend giving it a good wash before using it. The bigger issue is that they found it quite heavy and awkward to run with. In fairness I may have bought a size too large but I think a little extra info on weight would be useful in the technical info. If I known that and been able to compare to the weight of their other toys I would probably have chosen a smaller version. For this reason I have given it 4 stars, otherwise the right size for a stick loving dog is highly recommended.

Metric Weight Set Consists of: 500g, 2 x 200g, 100g in iron, and 50g, 2 x 20g, 10g, 5g in brass.
Offered by Winware

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Weights but Slow Delivery, 11 April 2011
These weights seem decent quality and have a nice traditional look. We weren't very lucky with the delivery - it took 4 weeks and several emails to eventually get them. It isn't clear if this was a delivery problem or one at the Winware end. Given the problems we have had I can only advise to consider buying elsewhere if you need weights urgently, which is a pity as the weights themselves are a reasonable buy.

Panasonic ES2067 Wet & Dry triple disc Rechargeable Epilator
Panasonic ES2067 Wet & Dry triple disc Rechargeable Epilator

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a great purchase, 14 Aug. 2010
I bought this epilator to replace an aging Braun. The other reviews on Amazon were largely positive and I generally like the Panasonic brand. However it just doesn't work very well, the triple heads seem to turn relatively slowly and they just aren't good at removing hairs. The charge doesn't last very long either. The smaller head for underarms and bikini areas is completely hopeless. My skin gets sore from the number of passes needed to defuzz. I couldn't recommend this product and am now probably going to bin it (after less than three months) and buy a Bruan again.