Profile for Eviesmum > Reviews

Content by Eviesmum

Eviesmum

Morphy Richards Power Steam Elite 42221 Pressurised Steam Generator with Ceramic Soleplate - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars It's not for those quick ironing stints!, 4 Dec. 2012
If your like me that irons something quickly for work in the morning, then this is not the iron for you!

It's too big and bulky to get out for just a few items although I have to admit it does cut down on the ironing time for those long ironing sessions - especially great for bedding and shirts.

This was my first steam generator iron so I cannot really compare it to others on the market.
What I would say is that it has a very large 1.7L water tank which, believe me, you will use and the fact that it's removeable is an added bonus.
The extra long cord is also an advantage.

On the downside I did suffer a minor wrist burn on it's first outing.
Hot steam seemed to come out of the 'gap' where the cord meets the plastic attachment which is attached to the iron.
I'm assuming that this will always be the case so I am just a little more wary now.....and tend to wear long sleeves!!

Brabantia Ice Water Ironing Board with Solid Steam Unit Holder, Size C, 124 x 45 cm

4.0 out of 5 stars Storage might be a problem!, 4 Dec. 2012
Although I am pleased with this ironing board, especially as it's great for ironing bedding, please be aware that this is much bigger/heavier than a normal size board and can prove difficult to store away.

A nice little touch is the clasp that holds the legs in.

The Hairy Dieters: How to Love Food and Lose Weight
The Hairy Dieters: How to Love Food and Lose Weight
by Dave Myers

5.0 out of 5 stars Geordies' delight!, 15 Oct. 2012
I purchased this book as a present following their hit tv series.
The recipes appear really easy to follow and are 'just good food' recipes without all the faff!!

How to Bake
How to Bake
by Paul Hollywood

5.0 out of 5 stars Paul can help me bake any time!, 15 Oct. 2012
This review is from: How to Bake (Hardcover)
Very pleased with this book and look forward to trying all the recipes though I doubt they will look anything like the pictures!

Mary Berry's Baking Bible
Mary Berry's Baking Bible
by Mary Berry

3.0 out of 5 stars Mary Berry not quite at her best, 15 Oct. 2012
No issues with the actual book but when it arrived the loose cover of the hard back was so badly crumpled (presumably on packing) that I had to discard it before giving this book as a present.

Philips Sonicare HX6013/16 ProResults Standard Toothbrush Heads 3-Pack
Philips Sonicare HX6013/16 ProResults Standard Toothbrush Heads 3-Pack
Offered by Care-by-Mail

5.0 out of 5 stars Sonicare Toothbrush Heads, 15 Oct. 2012
I needed some toothbrush heads quick and that's exactly what I got and at a good price too compared to the high street shops and supermarkets.