Profile for COLIN J BENTLEY > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Zero In 60-Day Fly & Insect Killer
Zero In 60-Day Fly & Insect Killer

4.0 out of 5 stars Air Raid Fly repellant, 29 Dec. 2014
Good product - Appears to work well !

Acer Palmatum Japanese Maple Seeds Collection - 7 Varieties -Best Selection
Acer Palmatum Japanese Maple Seeds Collection - 7 Varieties -Best Selection

2.0 out of 5 stars To be or not to be seeds, 29 Dec. 2014
No success in germination, but product arrived as promised, it could by my poor husbandry that failed to secure germinated seeds.,

Vapona Window Stickers Sunflower x 4 Insect Flies Wasp Pest Attractor & Eliminator Killer
Offered by CKONE

4.0 out of 5 stars Fly killing flower!, 29 Dec. 2014
Look OK in windows - Dead and near dead flys lying on window cill must assume product works - All good hey?

15 Compatible Printer Ink Cartridges for Canon Pixma MX885 - Multipack
15 Compatible Printer Ink Cartridges for Canon Pixma MX885 - Multipack
Offered by More Inks

4.0 out of 5 stars Stack em high, sell um cheap!, 29 Dec. 2014
Fitted to,printer and appears to be working ok. Not sure how many copies I'll get from a cartridge, but at the price Well Pleasesd!,

It Started With Paris
It Started With Paris

4.0 out of 5 stars Proxy Vote, 29 Dec. 2014
My wife, the Lovely Pauline, likes Cathy Kelly's writing and this book was no exception. A good read

Yeoman Telescopic Aluminium Border Shear
Yeoman Telescopic Aluminium Border Shear

5.0 out of 5 stars Look Afresh at Yeoman, 19 Aug. 2014
Really a very good product!
Much relieved and well pleased with Yeoman!

Having paid a premium price for the Wilkinson Sword Brand long handled boarder shears I was disappointed, and just a little angry, to find that Wilkinson Sword no longer offer quality with their long handled lawn edging shears. Indeed, I would go so far as to say the Wilkinson Sword produce is shoddy and in no way deserves to fly the once respected Wilkinson Sword Brand.

Now the Good News - Otter Nurseries, the supplier of the Wilkinson Sword Shears had no hesitation in offering a cash refund or replacement - In the event I took home the Yeoman Telescopic Handled Boarder Shears. In honesty I was not expecting much as I had previously considered Yeoman a 'Budget Brand'

To my delight the Yeoman Telescopic Boarder Shears worked extremely well delivering a clean sharp cut. The telescopic handles and hand grips similarly work well. This Yeoman product is very good indeed and I have no hesitation in recommending it to others. Based on this experience I will look again at Yeoman for other products.

Long Handled Edging Shear 421770
Long Handled Edging Shear 421770
Offered by deals-direct

1.0 out of 5 stars Bought these from Otter Garden Centre as a Premium Brand - Very much liked the length of the handles but that is where ..., 19 Aug. 2014
Very disappointing!

Bought these from Otter Garden Centre as a Premium Brand - Very much liked the length of the handles but that is where the good news stops.

On the very first using the plastic hand grip pulled off. It was a simple push on handle that I reasoned I could glue in place so I pushed it back on and continued in good faith.

However, the blades did NOT give a clean cut.
They 'Chewed' at the grass and only occasionally gave anything like a good clean cut. It was hard work using these shears

I tightened the locking nut and gave the blades a thorough oiling to ensure ease of use -

Despite my best efforts over the summer the blades still refused to give me a clean cut.
I persisted for weeks but having no success I gave up and returned to my 20 year old short handled near antique Wilkinson Sword lawn edging shears. Despite their age and simplicity of design the old shears cut very much better than their 2014 counterpart.

Returning to Otter Nurseries I was well received and offered a full return but, I wanted long handled lawn edgers to save my back. In the event Otter Nurseries stocked the Yeoman 'Budget Brand' of Telescopic Handled Lawn Edging Shears. In honesty I have been something of a 'Snob' when buying tools and invariably purchase the 'Premium Brand' believing that quality pays :- "Buy cheap you buy twice." - I previously passed Yeoman Displays not given them a second look

I needed to replace my old Edging Shears and accepted Otters Offer of the Yeoman Telescopic Handled Shears (Together with a cash refund - Yeoman were £14 cheaper than the Wilkinson Sword) Five out of Five for Otter Nurseries - No fuss - No argument immediate replacement!

I was not expecting much from the Yeoman 'Budget Brand' but to my delight I found they worked well, indeed very well giving a clean sharp cut and smart finish to my lawn edges. The telescopic handles also work well and the hand grips do not fall off.

I am delighted with this Yeoman product and would recommend them as a far better product than the expensive Wilkinson Sword equivalent.

I am a retired senior citizen who knew Great Britain when it was Great. It grieves me to see the 'Once Famous and Respected' Wilkinson Sword Brand fixed to such a shoddy product as the long handled edging shears. What is more mystifying and I find hard to understand is how other reviewers have praised a very poor and shoddy product!

From now on I will look afresh at Yeoman - I am well pleased with my Yeoman product.

Urine Off Odour and Stain Remover for Dogs and Puppies with Carpet Injector Cap, 946ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks good in advert - But!, 16 July 2014
Well, it helped with the odour, but did little with the stain. Houshold detergent just as good

Tangled Lives
Tangled Lives

5.0 out of 5 stars Wife says, 16 July 2014
This review is from: Tangled Lives (Kindle Edition)
Wife says "A real page turner, I could not put it down!"

Ice And A Slice
Ice And A Slice

5.0 out of 5 stars Wife says, 16 July 2014
This review is from: Ice And A Slice (Kindle Edition)
Wife says "Facinating and different. I enjoyed it. Guaranteed to make you rethink your alcohol intake. I would reccomend it!"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5