Profile for ali > Reviews

The New Tarot Handbook: Master the Meanings of the Cards
The New Tarot Handbook: Master the Meanings of the Cards
by Rachel Pollack

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite good presentation of Tarot world, 7 April 2014
My first encounter with Rachel Pollack; I chose this book from many her books as the latest one, so hoped for fresh view. I like her presentation and integration, although sadly based solely on RWS (I am a Crowley Thoth Tarot fan/user) so no connection with astrology or Tree of life. Nevertheless, it gave me what I was looking for.

The Everlands Chronicles: The Truth
The Everlands Chronicles: The Truth

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best book I ever read - and I was a giant bookworm!, 7 April 2014
Firstly, let me say I was strictly against any Kindle book/reading - till this one, when I read an excerpt from it, I broke my own rule and got my first Kindle book - I had to, I was hooked!
I have just finished reading it, at 6am, after reading all night (and another night!) - absolutely loved it! Such passionately captivating writing, with abundance of unexpected twists; courage and honour are shinning amidst confusion of love - yet somehow I get, with a smile. Oh, lots of hearty laughing! What immediately got me, is the rich, smooth flow of writing, clean yet picturesque, with an amazing lead character... I felt like I am there, transcended without realizing.
Truly, one of the best book I have ever read - and I was a giant bookworm!