Profile for MSU > Reviews

Content by MSU

MSU "Mad Saint Uden - it's an anagram" (Kent - UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Case Logic Surefit Rotating Universal Folio Case for 9 -10-Inch Tablet - Black
Case Logic Surefit Rotating Universal Folio Case for 9 -10-Inch Tablet - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect., 3 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have a nine inch tablet which didn't fit in this (generic china made) however I'm sure some may well fit in it if they have a large bezel...a 10 inch should fit with no problems... the main issue is that there are rubber straps from the centre, which need to stretch over the corners...and unless they are indeed stretched they will not hold the tablet in place.

However this aside, the build quality is very good and it positions as advertised. There is no cutout for the camera but this is the same for many generic cases.

Bic Velleda Liquid Ink Dry Wipe Marker - Assorted (Pack of 4)
Bic Velleda Liquid Ink Dry Wipe Marker - Assorted (Pack of 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice., 3 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I use whiteboard pens every day with 6/7 year olds in school. These are very similar to the thickness of the pens we use as they handle very much like a 'normal' pen.

The nib is between the two thickness we use in that it looks like the thicker ones we use in school or younger children, but the writen result looks like the fiber tip ones we give to those with better fine motor skills.

The colours are lovely. I have to wait and see how long they last.

GoPro Cameras For Dummies
GoPro Cameras For Dummies
by John Carucci

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the best book in the dummies range but still very useful if you own a GoPro., 1 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I found this book to be very helpful as the instructions with my Gopro were somewhat limited. This really helps, although it is not by any means 'quick'. There is much to get through with examples set out for you & infact, while this is good to look at with your camera in the other hand, I found it has taken me a couple of weeks to get through as there is so much.

For some reason (amount of text? text layout?) I didn't find this the easiest of this series to follow - but that may be because I find the Gopro harder to follow. This is pretty much a necessity to own if you have the camera as it really makes it easier to understand all of the features and personally I have found it handy to put postit notes in pages I want to go back to an even underline bits.

Braun SE80 Hair Removal Pads
Braun SE80 Hair Removal Pads

5.0 out of 5 stars ok, 26 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Branded. Same as the supplied head with the unit. As expected.

AmiGami Bird Figure
AmiGami Bird Figure

4.0 out of 5 stars Nicer one of the set., 23 Feb. 2015
This review is from: AmiGami Bird Figure (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is one of the prettiest of the AmiGami's the wings being especially pretty!

These are not for serious crafters, great for my 6 1/2 year old and a bit younger. We have had a good fun 20 doing it & I think this is a nice activity to do with grandma as you have everything you need & not much chance to go wrong.

AmazonBasics Pet Training Pads, Regular, 50-Count
AmazonBasics Pet Training Pads, Regular, 50-Count

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality., 23 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are actually rather good. Bigger than the ones in the packs of 4/5 that you get from the various pound shops and very similar (slightly bigger?) than the ones from Poundstretcher. Absorbency is good for accidents or small puppies (terriers?) and they can even be used in a cot for nappy leaks.

As with all of these they have the design flaw of not being edge to edge, But's I've yet to find a better one. The only issue would be with price which at the time of writing is not listed so I don't know their value.

Braun SE820 Face Epilator and Facial Cleansing Brush
Braun SE820 Face Epilator and Facial Cleansing Brush

1.0 out of 5 stars No impressed - faulty., 21 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Mine also doesn't work. maybe the last person sent their faulty one back & then it was sent to me...or this is a bad bunch.

Basically this is powered by an AA battery. When you put it in, nothing happens, I tried another battery - still nothing, and then tried putting them in the other way up - just in case...still nothing.

After I wiggles it about in the air and bashed it into my hand it worked for about 2 seconds. My best guess without taking it apart is that there is a loose connection to a wire somewhere inside.

As an aside, I have only put 6 batteries in & out & yet the locking plate is showing signs of wear and looking scruffy do to the soft plastic and the method needed to open it.

If they have a whole batch of these not working at that price, I would expect Braun will have a lot of complaints to deal with.

Nikon COOLPIX S3700 Compact Digital Camera (20.1 MP, 8x Optical Zoom) 2.7-Inch LCD - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed., 21 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Firstly a bit about my camera usage so yo understand what angle this review is coming from. I have never owned from new a digital camera, I have a handmedown Samsung 7mp camera which I find 'fine' but in it's old age it takes a long time from pressing the button to the click to the image so anything moving slightly is blurry. I used to use compact cameras and often got lots of lovely comments about the framing/composition of my images. My partner purchased last year a DSLR which he has let me use twice. It is very 'faffy' as basically I want to take pictures of our daughter while out and about, the electric meter to give to the electric company and the odd 'set scene' at family events. I often use me tablets camera as I have my tablet on me, but I realise the quality is poor.

OK so this camera....Why have I given it five stars? On the nikon website is a full user manual. It is well written and explains button press by button press what what happens when. I love this and have found it very handy. The quick star guide in the box is literally that, and you can take lovely photos just by using that, but to get the most out of this camera the manual is worth a read.

I was surprised at how many modes there are included for the price of this camera (sub £100 at time of writing) and so many of them are customisable. I have always liked those pictures that are in black and white except for one block of colour...well now I can do this too! & it's seriously cute in family photos :) I also like those Andy Warhol blocks of four pictures...yup got that too (in blocks of 4 or 9), there is the option to shoot from a variety of scenes from food to fireworks - within which as I said you can customise things. There is a mirror effect split screen mode. The usual timers, flash and exposure controls. There is a steady control that is default on & so you must turn it off if using a tripod. You have the press once and get multiple series. Panoramic worked perfectly for me first time! it basically shows a feint image on the left of your screen of what you had on the right of the last photo so you can line up buy superimposing on the stuff in front of you. You can zoom in on pictures or zoom out to groups of pictures. Also you can add effects after you have taken an image if you feel you need to.

I was rather taken by the app. On my tablet I can control the camera so take photos seeing the view screen on my tablet...I have no idea why I need this but I love it. I can also download the images directly via wifi to my tablet. I have not done this to my pc yet as I keep forgetting to try - I am happy popping the cable in and swapping over what I need as I do this at work all day lol.

I like that it has it's own battery and not AA as I find these work best...that is is removable is good so should I need to I can buy another. On a full charge I got 6 hours of continually faffing with the settings and features trying all sorts of pictures...

You don't actually need to faff though and that's great. Out of the box it is in auto scene selection mode. So it is perfectly possible to just point and click...Even my mum can do that! This gives good pictures although my preference is to turn the flash off as I think it comes on too often.

Filming works well. Obviously it's not up to camcorder quality with the sound but it is still very good.

The controls are set in the usual right handed preference manner which I am used to.

If anything I would say is that it's a shame it doesn't come with a slipcase to protect the camera. my old camera case is HUGE and I could fit at least 4 of these in it.

butter LONDON Mini Nail Lacquer, The 444 6 ml
butter LONDON Mini Nail Lacquer, The 444 6 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars smart, fun & it works., 20 Feb. 2015
This is fabulous! I have to admit I normally use poundshop nail products if at all. I have used and indeed currently own a glitter one. The comparisons are stunning! This applies without having blobs of glitter that need to be spread out offering full even coverage. It looks lovely and has a number of uses...On it's own it's great but subtle, just add some top coats for smoothness. For the wow factor add a lovely base layer of vibrant colour, then add this...

The first hand was dry once I had done the second.

Wonderful stuff!

Ultrasport Telescopic Bicycle Bracket for 1 to 2 Bicycles - Black
Ultrasport Telescopic Bicycle Bracket for 1 to 2 Bicycles - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Idea but a bit flawed., 20 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
In my house I am the 'go to' person for flat packs, even at work I am call upon to assemble things that come in parts and have instructions books.

I had some issues with this device. Firstly my shed is metal. As such the screw/rawl plug combo provided to affix the ceiling plate was not suitable. It is possible to pre drill a guide hole and simple screw through, although this is not the best option. The other problem with a metal shed is that as you apply pressure from the telescopic bracket it bends out and so the tension is not a strong as with a fixed solid roof. This is not fault of the device, but worth considering when you purchase as to where you are going to put it (Wooden shed or brick built garage being best).

My next issue was with the device itself. It is made up of three poles held in place with quick release leavers...the instructions insist you tighten these up with the hex keys provided. Well both myself and Mr MSU have tightened them & they wont go any more...Unfortunately the bottom of the two will not 'stay' in place, instead it lets the next section slide inside when a little weight is added, The top one worked fine, so for us I could adjust the top part, but I would not be able to get the full height out of this unit.

The hooks and bars are very adjustable and give a range of positions.

You need a lot of height. My shed is 5foot4 and I can fit one adult and one child bike on it. you would need at least a foot more, maybe 18 inches to fit two bikes,

The main issue as you may find that like me, is that the weight of the bikes pulls down on the pole so that it slips out of the ceiling mount. Even with two people it was a struggle to get to extend far enough so that this would not happen.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 21, 2015 12:05 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20