Profile for E. Mills > Reviews

Finding Sky
Finding Sky
by Joss Stirling

5.0 out of 5 stars Great British YA read, 12 May 2014
This review is from: Finding Sky (Paperback)
As a British YA supernatural writer myself I enjoy reading stories with new angles and this series is one of the best. I really enjoyed the UK / US mix in the series. This is the first book and is set predominately in the states. I enjoyed all the locations and thought the characters were great too, especially Zed who I think is my favourite Benedict brother... With Xav a close second! Totally recommend book 1 & 3!

Popping the Cherry
Popping the Cherry

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, British Teen Novel, 20 Feb 2014
Popping the cherry is a light hearted teen romance with a deeper, darker underbelly. I thoroughly enjoyed it if at times I found the main character a little too irritating, allowing herself to be swayed by her friends. It's main theme (which is obvious from the title) makes the novel an upper end YA novel. I'd suggest Age 16+

The romance element is well thought out and had me as torn between the guys as Lena is herself! My favourite character is Lena's 'secondary friend' Flick, who is much much nicer than her so called best Friend. I love the British element, and the British slang. It feels real and believable and I will look forward to reading more of Aurelia's YA novels in the future.

Men's Boilersuit Coverall, Overall (Medium, White)
Men's Boilersuit Coverall, Overall (Medium, White)
Offered by Army And Workwear

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it's supposed to do.,, 1 Dec 2013
As I've got a whole house to paint I thought I'd get one of these. I didn't know what size to get & read a review saying the small was short & I prefer big to small so I got medium. I am a 5'3" size 10 woman it is rather large lol! But very comfy. The sleeves are a little long and the leg is very long but I turn it up. The waist is actually big but fine. All in all it's totally wearable but would be better shorter!

Jedi Adventures (DK Readers: Level 4)
Jedi Adventures (DK Readers: Level 4)
by Heather Scott

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves this book, 16 May 2013
My daughter loves Clone Wars and Ashoka is her favourite character. She is 8yrs old and reads this no problem. Has read over and over and is taking on holiday! It would also be good for younger children to have read to them.

Ultra Compact Digital Camera Vivitar Vivicam 5119 5.1 Megapixel - Red (5.1MP, 4x Zoom, 1.8" Screen, Anti-Shake)
Offered by i-Tech™

2.0 out of 5 stars Awful camera even for an 8yr old, 16 May 2013
I bought today from a supermarket where it was £20 and it is going back tomorrow! Firstly the instructions are rubbish and the diagram for the battery compartment is totally wrong. I had to google instructions to find out how to put batteries in. It says it is SD compatible but it won't find my SD card or save to it. Generally horrid plastic feel. Yes it's cheap but in my opinion it's not even worth £5!

Survival of the Ginnest (The Survival Series Book 1)
Survival of the Ginnest (The Survival Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast, fun weekend read, 25 April 2013
Survival of the Ginnest is a fast, fun read that is ideal for tired stressed out mums who look forward to their nightly glass of wine! Written in social networking style status updates it is both refreshing and honest yet I found sometimes I was left wanting more emotion. A worthwhile weekend read.

Kiss, Date, Love, Hate
Kiss, Date, Love, Hate
by Luisa Plaja

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun story with a great original plot idea!, 19 April 2013
This review is from: Kiss, Date, Love, Hate (Paperback)
I haven't read many young teen girls novels, but occasionally I'll pick one up for some light entertainment. The novels I would compare Luisa's too would be those of Louise Rennison. The teenagers in these books are all believable and suffer with the same anxieties and ideals. What makes this story different is the fabulous plot idea! I love the idea of a trial computer game where you input all your details and manipulate real life. It brings up fun situations of course and comedy moments but also adds some interesting moral dilemmas. I didn't get on with Lex the main character, I found her too irritating and self obsessed, but unlike with some other books it didn't detract from the story and I still enjoyed the book. Four pink girly stars from me!

Diary of a Mall Girl
Diary of a Mall Girl
by Luisa Plaja

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, Fast weekend read., 19 April 2013
This review is from: Diary of a Mall Girl (Paperback)
If anything I enjoyed 'Mall Girl' more than 'Kiss, Date', mainly because I loved the main girl Molly and the twins were great too. The plot in 'Kiss, Date' is more unusual, where as this is more of a typical story of teen friendship, shopping and boyfriend dilemmas, but there was something extra with this book that kept me glued until I finished at 1am! This is a fun, fast read ideal for a rainy weekend curled up on your bed! Four and a half pink stars this time!

Nessa: A Breeders Story: (A Prequel to The Breeders) (The Breeders Series)
Nessa: A Breeders Story: (A Prequel to The Breeders) (The Breeders Series)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little novella, 11 Feb 2013
I haven't read Breeders yet but after reading this novella I will be downloading it next time I want a new dystopian book to read. The premise behind the story reminds me very much of Margaret Atwoods The Handmaids Tale, with a scary vision of a future where women are rare, exploited & used to breed from.

Generally I'm not keen on novellas as I find myself drawn into a story which then ends too abruptly, but this works as a prequel for the main book. It is well written and can be read in a night. I will happily recommend it for fans of the genre.

Christmas Is Cancelled
Christmas Is Cancelled

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Perfection, 23 Dec 2012
69% through this read and just about to curl up in bed and finish it. Fab christmassy story with some great characters you really root for. Go buy it and read it this week - a perfect Xmas romance.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3