Profile for Janet Marshall > Reviews

Content by Janet Marshall

Janet Marshall "marsjan" (Berkshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Healthy Back Bag Unisex - Adult Vintage Canvas S (7L) Shoulder Bag  Gray Grau (grey GY) Size: 23x43x15 cm (B x H x T)
Healthy Back Bag Unisex - Adult Vintage Canvas S (7L) Shoulder Bag Gray Grau (grey GY) Size: 23x43x15 cm (B x H x T)
Offered by Outdoors-Online
Price: 65.00

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite bags, 4 Jan 2013
I love HB bags (Ameribags) and have a few of them. I love the multiple pockets and find it so easy to organise my bits and pieces so I can find them immediately, instead of rummaging around in a larger, non-pocketed bag. The vintage canvas is sturdy and has some interest in the fabric. Love it.

OVERWEIGHT: A Novel
OVERWEIGHT: A Novel
Price: 1.34

1.0 out of 5 stars Not sure this really qualifies as a novel, 4 Jan 2013
This just seemed like an amateurish attempt at a blog. It wasn't well written and didn't engage me at all. I read about 10 pages then thought 'life is too short to read rubbish' and deleted it from my Kindle.

Married to Bhutan
Married to Bhutan
Price: 1.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Another world, 4 Jan 2013
This review is from: Married to Bhutan (Kindle Edition)
I chose this book because I plan to go to Bhutan in the next couple of years and there's very little known about everyday life there. This book is a very personal experience giving insight into relationships, domestic life, cultural differences and life in general in everyday Bhutan. It's well written in an engaging way, and draws you into the author's story immediately so you want to keep turning the page. Made me want to experience the country first-hand even more.

Scotland (OS Travel Map - Tour Map)
Scotland (OS Travel Map - Tour Map)
by Ordnance Survey
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't go wrong with OS maps, 26 Dec 2012
Just what I need for our holiday in Scotland in 2013. You know where you are with an OS map - excellent.

Trailing: A Memoir
Trailing: A Memoir
Price: 3.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable and informative, 8 Nov 2012
I really enjoyed reading this book. I've been interested in MSF work for several years and have been to Nairobi a couple of times, so I felt this was a book I could learn from, to get an insider's view of life in a quite challenging environment. It's very well written and trucks along. It deals with relationship issues, character development, parenthood, depression, all set in a turbulent and very different part of the world. Relationships are usually interesting too, and this one is no exception. I came away with a liking and respect for the author and her husband; two very different people who struggled to maintain their relationship and their individuality in a world that was miles away from anything I'd experienced in the soft underbelly of middle class England.

Karcher WV50 Window Cleaning Vacuum and Spray Bottle
Karcher WV50 Window Cleaning Vacuum and Spray Bottle
Price: 63.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Astonishingly good!, 9 April 2012
I've just cleaned all the windows in our three-bedroomed house in just over 30 minutes, without breaking into a sweat. Fantastic! So easy to use, and no need to go over and over to get rid of smear marks - they all sparkle! What a wonderful little machine - every house should have one. Will now go and chuck out all my old window cloths...

Sweet Cures Waterfall D-Mannose Powder 50g
Sweet Cures Waterfall D-Mannose Powder 50g
Offered by Popular Brands
Price: 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It just works!, 3 Mar 2011
I call this stuff my magic powder - it just clears up cystitis quickly and effortlessly. It tastes slightly sweet so is virtually undetectable in a cup of tea or coffee - so easy to take! No need to suffer, waiting for a doctor's appointment, just start taking the Sweetcure immediately you have symptoms and it's not long before it starts to work. I buy mine from Sweetcures of York (the original) and their delivery times are remarkably quick. I always have a sachet in my medicine cupboard - my sister's a convert too (after having had a very nasty reaction to the antibiotic her GP prescribed last time she had a bladder infection). Don't believe everything you read about the hazards of buying 'cures' off the internet - this one really works, is simplicity itself to take, and has no side effects.

PS - now available in tablet form so easy to take wherever you are - brilliant for taking on holiday.

Facing the Lion: Growing Up Maasai on the African Savanna (National Geographic)
Facing the Lion: Growing Up Maasai on the African Savanna (National Geographic)
by Joseph Lemasolai Lekut
Price: 5.01

5.0 out of 5 stars An inspirational story, 24 Jan 2009
I've just finished reading this book and have to say I did enjoy it. I hadn't realised though that it's a book for young people! My fault probably - should have read the Amazon small print.

The story of Joseph growing up is an inspiration to anyone who thinks they have it tough!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7