Profile for Janet Marshall > Reviews

Content by Janet Marshall

Janet Marshall "marsjan" (Berkshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Hillmark Steelkleen Wipes Pack of 10
Hillmark Steelkleen Wipes Pack of 10

5.0 out of 5 stars All the reviews are right - these wipes are good!, 24 July 2013
I've been looking for wipes like this ever since Method's tubs of wipes were discontinued and my local Waitrose just sold the Method spray (which I haven't been that impressed with). These do exactly what all the reviews say - easy to use and they actively repel future splash marks/fingerprints. One wipe goes a very long way.

The Uncrowned Queen (Short story prequel to The King's Concubine)
The Uncrowned Queen (Short story prequel to The King's Concubine)
Price: 1.19

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't grab me, 24 July 2013
I've been reading (and loving) historical novels written by Anne O'Brien, particularly The King's Concubine. This book is about the same character's path in history and I thought it might be interesting to read another take on events, but this prequel didn't grab me enough to make me want to buy the whole book.

The Sisterhood
The Sisterhood
Price: 5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars So many interesting stories in one book, 25 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Sisterhood (Kindle Edition)
I think maybe I've only given this book 4 stars instead of 5 because I sometimes found I got a bit lost with the intertwining stories and had to go back and refresh my memory over who was who and where they were in the timeline. To be honest though, that's probably my problem and nothing to do with any shortcomings that can be attributed to the author. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It's certainly good value for money - you get several storylines within the book - and is well written. I liked the pace of the book and it never failed to grip me.

West5Products Green Coloured Non Slip Multi Grip Matting 125cm x 45cm
West5Products Green Coloured Non Slip Multi Grip Matting 125cm x 45cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent stuff!, 13 Jun 2013
No more cups sliding about on the tray - just cut to size and hey presto. Comes in an assortment of colours and works really well.

Nikwax Down Proof Specialist Wash-In Waterproofer - 0.3lt
Nikwax Down Proof Specialist Wash-In Waterproofer - 0.3lt
Price: 6.52

5.0 out of 5 stars The right stuff for the job, 13 Jun 2013
Excellent stuff to use when washing down jackets/coats - they come up like new. I wouldn't consider using anything else.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Long lasting, 13 Jun 2013
This gel is a nice change from drops - it just seems easier to use somehow. I love the fact that buying a pack of 3 tubes means I can always have one with me.

Falke Cosyshoe SO Men's Wellbeing Slippers Dark Blue 41/42
Falke Cosyshoe SO Men's Wellbeing Slippers Dark Blue 41/42
Price: 25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Winter in Australia, 17 April 2013
These aren't for me, but for my son in Australia, where things seem to be set up well for summer (barbies, beach, beer) but not so for winter (11C in the kitchen!)
He thinks they look pretty good - just needs to stop his wife nicking them now!

Lowepro Pixel Pack V1 Memory Card Holder (Hold's Upto 8 SD//MMC,XD or Mini SD Cards)

4.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 17 April 2013
Just the thing I was looking for - something sturdy and compact, but for SD cards (plenty out there for compact flash). I don't think these are too easy to come by.

Key West: Tequila, a Pinch of Salt and a Quirky Slice of America...a year in Key West
Price: 1.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't finish this, 17 April 2013
Not sure if this is an actual book or a collection of blog posts. It's light enough reading but I got annoyed at the poor use of English. I think anyone with aspirations towards being a writer should know that one 'pores' over books and newspapers, not 'pours'.

Truka 19 cm Large Stovetop Double Layer Tin Heat Diffuser
Truka 19 cm Large Stovetop Double Layer Tin Heat Diffuser
Price: 17.41

5.0 out of 5 stars This purchase will save me so much money!, 18 Mar 2013
No more cooking casseroles in the oven for hours; the diffuser means I can cook on the hob with no sticking or burning on the bottom of the dish, the meat is beautifully tender and I have more sauce/gravy than when I used to cook in the oven (it used to evaporate, even with a well fitting lid). So pleased I bought this, thought I'd have to fork out for a cast iron pot with a (hopefully) air-tight lid to stop the sauces evaporating; the diffuser's a cheap, easy fix and well worth the money.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 20, 2013 8:23 PM GMT