Profile for Janet Marshall > Reviews

Content by Janet Marshall

Janet Marshall "marsjan" (Berkshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
The Night Rainbow
The Night Rainbow
Price: 1.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Stayed with me, 7 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Night Rainbow (Kindle Edition)
I really liked this book - it's cleverly written and I honestly didn't see the twist in the tail coming. Poignantly written with wonderful characterisation.

Byron Sentry BY102 60m Wireless Plug-In Door Chime Kit with 4 Sounds
Byron Sentry BY102 60m Wireless Plug-In Door Chime Kit with 4 Sounds
Price: 15.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says in the blurb, 5 Sep 2013
We relied on a door knocker for a while when our old doorbell stopped working, but it's good to have a doorbell back. The fact that it's powered from a socket means that it never stops working because the batteries have died (like the old one did). Excellent.

Pocket Rough Guide Berlin (Pocket Rough Guides)
Pocket Rough Guide Berlin (Pocket Rough Guides)
by Paul Sullivan

5.0 out of 5 stars You know where you are with a Rough Guide, 5 Sep 2013
I never go away without a Rough Guide. The pocket guides are perfect for short weekends away where you don't want to lug a normal sized Rough Guide around.

Canon EOS 100D Digital SLR Camera Body Only - (18MP, CMOS Sensor) 3 inch LCD
Canon EOS 100D Digital SLR Camera Body Only - (18MP, CMOS Sensor) 3 inch LCD
Price: 375.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous little camera, 5 Sep 2013
I wanted a camera that was smaller and lighter than my 6D, for holiday photography. This camera's brilliant; apart from the fact that it's a cropped sensor it's not really any different from the 6D in what I can do with it, and picture quality. Have to say though that I love the touch screen - it makes changing shutter speed, aperture, ISO, shooting priorities etc really easy. One day all DSLRs will have these features. I believe the 100D has won awards, and rightly so.

Nikon BF-1B Body Cap for SLR
Nikon BF-1B Body Cap for SLR
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I ordered, 5 Sep 2013
I'd lost the original so needed a replacement, and this was perfect. Have since found the original, but isn't that always the way?

Sigma 52mm Super Multicoated Circular Slim Polarising Filter
Sigma 52mm Super Multicoated Circular Slim Polarising Filter
Price: 36.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the job, 5 Sep 2013
This was a good price and just what I was after. I haven't used it too much just yet but I don't anticipate any problems.

The Language of Spells
The Language of Spells
Price: 2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice little book, a real page-turner, 30 Aug 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book - got drawn into the story and the characters and it kept me pleasantly entertained for a couple of evenings. Nicely written with a good flow and easy interaction between the main characters.

Grammatically, the book annoyed me a little - every 'could have' was a 'could've', every 'might have' was a 'might've', every 'would have' was a 'would've' .. I think you get the picture. (I half expected a wouldn't've). I was surprised also that the writer seemed not to know the difference between practice and practise, or that a character pores over paperwork, not pours.

I appreciate that these literary hiccups won't grate with everyone, also that I'm a smidge pedantic. That said, the book is a pleasant read and it certainly held my attention and kept me turning the pages.

Black + Blum Propello Desk Fan, Grey
Black + Blum Propello Desk Fan, Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect - just what I was after, 7 Aug 2013
I wanted a bedside fan that was really quiet - no motor noise, just the white noise of the air whizzing round. This is perfect - the airflow is just right and it's so quiet! The added plus is that it looks so good too. Very happy with my purchase and several steps up from the cheapie I was using before.

Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Lens
Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Lens
Price: 159.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little lens, 31 July 2013
Perfect for the 100D - all the attributes of a DSLR but so small! The lens is great - looking forward to using it properly this weekend.

Botanico Soil pH Testing Kit
Botanico Soil pH Testing Kit
Offered by Seed Shop
Price: 9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - very clear instructions, 30 July 2013
Clear instructions, just follow them using everything provided and you get your soil ph level in just a few minutes. Couldn't be easier.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 2, 2014 2:46 PM BST